Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently? 3D!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Lady Macbeth.

Seriously f**ked up, but I enjoyed it, I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Watched Sunshine again over the weekend.

Brilliant SciFi with a top ensemble cast. Possibly a little over the top with the visuals and shaky cam bits, but on the other hand that and the score do make it stand out as a movie. The Nolans definitely watched this before putting Interstellar in the can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Triple Froniter (Netflix)

Enjoyed this. It's a very straightforward, but well made action film. Characters could have been a bit stronger and there seemed to be the barest hint of some subtext, but it basically stuck to the action. I was expecting a bit more from JC Chandor, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Thunder Road - I found this enjoyable in parts - if enjoyable is even the right way to put it, enjoyably tense black comedy - and there's definitely much to admire in Jim Cummings' - the writer, director and star of the film - attempt to tell a relatively fresh and interesting story on his own terms. But a lot of it just didn't gel for me and I frequently found myself bored by the repetitiveness of the structure of the film and a main character who is just too flat and unlikable throughout most of the movie for you to really get behind. I just did not fundamentally care what happened to the guy and the film is all about him, so I have to regard the film as a minor failure, rather than a minor triumph. More like a successful show reel than a wholly successful movie.

High Life - Hey, look, I can't tell if this film is a work of genius or a load of bollocks. Probably both to a certain extent. Story-wise, coherence wise, it's all a bit slight on first viewing - I can imagine it leaving most viewers saying "what the fck?" - but there's definitely a power to the film as a whole. It's good: this is a good movie, even if I can't fully articulate why. It's elliptical and purposely leaves you the viewer hanging there to figure it all out, but the themes are deep and its approach is often shocking and nightmarish. It's a weird mix of cold and clinical sci-fi and carnally primal art-house. I dunno, that's how I feel about it right now. Tomorrow I might describe it as Robert Pattinson goes to space and a lot of people get fcked, literally. Was this the best film I've seen in a while? Quite possibly, but I think I need to watch it again to get a handle on it properly.

A handle? Why does everything feel so Freudian when I think about this movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Under The Shadow (Netflix)

Mother and daughter in peril-type Iranian film. Draws a lot from The Babadook and Dark Water (and probably other films too). It's not as effective as those films
    the Djinn appearances didn't quite shock as much as they should have
    , but creates an increasingly unsettling atmosphere inside the apartment.
    The scene where the landlord's family leave was the most intense
    . Worth a look

The Devil and Father Amorth (Netflix)

Short (just over an hour) doc from William Friedkin about a real exorcism in Italy in 2017. Friedkin should have stayed behind the camera. Spends too much time showing him holding a camera filming someone else! The Exorcism itself is interesting, but then goes into crazy territory towards the end
    when the woman fails to meet them in her home town. The music is ridiculous and the crazy camerawork is laughable
    . Expected this to be a lot better from Friedkin, but seemed almost amateurish at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭j.s. pill II

Arghus wrote: »

High Life - Hey, look, I can't tell if this film is a work of genius or a load of bollocks. Probably both to a certain extent. ...

I would certainly say the latter.

Though I do see what you mean by the certain 'power' it had...the kind of lingering atmosphere of the world it portrayed. Then again, this can be said of a lot of bol*xy movies (David Cronenberg's crash to pick just one random example).

I do like R-Patz a lot - strongly recommend checking out Good Time (2017) if you haven't seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Teen Spirit with Elle Fanning. Pretty decent x factor type tale about a shy girl who wins a singing competition and... her journey (as they say).
    Decent pop soundtrack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wonder if Dakota is annoyed that Elle seems to be getting bigger roles at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Saw Lina Wertmüller’s Love and Anarchy at the Science Gallery in Dublin this evening. What a mad, mad film. The director worked with Fellini - she was an AD on 8½ - and the influence is palpable. Her style has been called “operatic”, which is another way of saying “over the top”. The main character is a poor, fairly dim farmer whose friend dies in an attempt to assassinate Benito Mussolini, so our guy decides to try that too, getting mixed up with anarchists in Rome. His contact is a hooker in a Rome brothel, and much of the movie is set there. Things don’t go according to plan, with many shots of our hero just staring, overloaded by the Felliniesque life of the hookers.

PS: Lina is still working in theatre, and is to receive an Honourary Oscar later this year.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Annabelle Comes Home at the cinema yesterday evening. I thought it was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The Dead Don't Die. Good stuff.

Great cast but a little bit more could have been done with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

High Life - I thought this was awful . I really like to root for a budget sci fi that takes a swing at something big like sunshine , solaris etc but this just plodded along painfully and was both ridiculous and completely uninteresting. We are told very early on what the outcome of the story is and it then slowly grinds toward that outcome in a very dull manner. This is a pity as the convicts in space concept sounds pretty good on paper and could have been made much more engaging. I enjoyed much more the film "Prospect" it comes in at half the budget of high life but is a much more accomplished and fun budget sci-fi.

The Field last night on RTE 1. It was great watching it again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A Bread Factory (Part 1 + 2) - a joy, and instantly among my favourites of the year. Patrick Wang directs an epically low-key study of a community arts space in the US. Slow and methodical and full of character, with the sort of lived in quality you get in great slow cinema such as Happy Hour or Out 1. Great use of limited editing and long takes. While very much a two part effort, the second introduces enough new ideas and fun extra textures to give its own feel while remaining true to the first. Can't recommend enough.

The Souvenir - I went from hating the first Joanna Hogg film I saw (Archipelago) to adoring the second (Exhibition). Thankfully this is more in line with the latter. The story of a young film student (perhaps semi-autobiographical, but who knows?) who starts a relationship with an older man who's not necessarily who he says he is. If that sounds dramatic, the film is resolutely understated - the material is broadly familiar, but Hogg is much more interested in the subtle moments rather than in the sort of ones other filmmakers tend to emphasise. What emerges is a study of a toxic yet formative relationship, an addiction drama and a young creative finding her way in the world. Honor Swinton Byrne (whose mother Tilda also appears) is a real find, and naturally the whole thing is exceptionally shot and atmospheric. Looking forward to part two - not the kind of film you usually see a sequel tease for at the end of the credits!

Don't Look Now - caught the re-release of Roeg's horror-ish classic. Remains a brilliantly unusual piece of filmmaking - so few overt scares or moments of terror, but instead this persistent, deeply embedded sense of unease. There's always something not quite right, and while there are moments of proper dread the miracle here is how much is bubbling under the surface in an almost subconscious way.

Apollo 13 - On a bit of a space buzz after Apollo 11, watched this for the first time since I was a kid. I'm not a Ron Howard fan as his film's tend to be bland and workmanlike - but oddly enough that unobtrusive style just about works here? Simply a decent, well-designed real-life thriller that tells its story without many bells and whistles. It is what it is - nothing more than that, but it does its job without causing great offence. More than one can say for Solo, ey?

In Fabric - Liked this a whole bunch. Peter Strickland does giallo, but in an even more overt way than Duke of Burgundy or Berberian Sound Studio. While more of a 'genre' film than either of those, this is still wildly unconventional in its own way. Magnificent visual design and sound, like reading a 70s fashion catalogue while tripping balls. Veers off its own rails around 2/3rds of the way through to mixed effect, but otherwise is a winning exercise in ludicrous style.

Damsel - the Zellner Bros' follow-up to Kumiko The Treasure Hunter was fairly buried over here, but it's a decent watch. A sardonic western with two great leads in Robert Pattinson and Mia Wasikowska (both of whom are among the best of their generation), plus a central role for one of the Zellners (David). The film itself is effectively built around a mid-film punchline which colours everything that comes before and after it. But it's a good punchline. Enjoyably lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭El Duda

^ Nice little write up on Don't Look Now. Everything in that film is hidden. I was baffled after I finished it, then did a bit of reading up and was stunned.

Shin Godzilla – 7/10

My first Japanese Godzilla film. Thoroughly enjoyed it. What becomes apparent extremely quickly is how ingrained Godzilla is with their culture. Not only does the film go into great depth on the political side of things, it also parodies how inept they have been at dealing with crisis in real life. In this case, they are clearly referencing the 2011 earthquake/Tsunami and how slow the government were to react. Godzilla is also thought of as a representation of the Nuclear attack on Hiroshima and we get to see him go full Nuclear and cause a tremendous amount of damage.

If you want a Godzilla film that explores what would happen if a monster this size really appeared on earth, this is the film for you. It is very well written and plotted out and it never goes off the rails. It sticks to its narrative and reaches a haunting conclusion. My only real gripe is that lack of relatable characters. There is no one to attach yourself to emotionally so , as a viewer, you very much feel like you’re on the periphery.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space – 6.5/10

One of the most effective, low budget, cult movies I’ve ever seen. They got so much bang for their buck on a tiny budget. On the surface, it’s a stupid farce full of cliché’s and terrible acting but delve a little deeper and you’ll see this does everything it sets out to do perfectly.

The Klown costumes look fantastic and the longer they are on screen, the more menacing they become. Clearly a lot of thought went into this absurd concept and they keep throwing surprises into the Klown mythology. Dodgy popcorn, killer shadow puppets, absurd balloon animal dogs… they clearly took the time to brainstorm all these great ideas and bought them to life effectively.

Great fun and at times I even found myself feeling a little freaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

"Whitney" (2018) directed by Kevin McDonald.

To put it simply she was raised by a scummy, corrupt, politician father and a disciplinarian mother who wanted to live her success through her daughter. She grew up with two brothers who paralleled the scum what Houston would later marry. Once famous she surrounded herself with said scummy people who took all they could and didn't give a whole lot back. However I wouldn't feel too sorry for her.

In the end she lived in a glorified crack den and indirectly killed her daughter. This documentary seems to have been made with the cooperation of the family so you're left feeling a lot was left out or other opinions weren't wanted. Bobby Brown point blank refuses to talk about Whitney's drug use and the only long term stability in Whitney's life, her best friend and possible lover, Robyn doesn't get any input. Just passing mentions.

One of the big selling points of this movie
    was the allegations of abuse that came out against her cousin "Dee Dee Warick
    but this has been disputed. The parallels between the Jacksons and Houston's family are striking.

Frankly, I think Whitney used her beauty and charm to get away with a lot where no normal parent would have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Police Story 2 - A strange sequel that's definitely a lesser beast than its predecessor, but is admirable in a way for not resting on its laurels. It doubles down on the police procedural stuff while drastically cutting down on both the comedy and action. It's a very long wait for things to really kick off, with only a couple of fun fights scattered throughout the first 90 mins or so. Thankfully the action when it does arrive is pretty great - Jackie Chan once again illustrating complete disregard for his own safety and wellbeing and proving himself the only true successor to Buster Keaton. His filmmaking is more confident too, and it's ballsy as **** to set your finale in a literal fireworks factory. The outtakes playing out under the credits remain an unlikely but glorious highlight of the series.

Police Story 3: Super Cop - you'd almost miss the tedious police procedural stuff as it's traded in for a far more generic international spy thriller. It marks a return to a more comedic tone for the most part, albeit with a distractingly high body count for the series. Michelle Yeoh is a welcome addition and the equal of Chan in the ludicrous stunts department. Everything builds to one of the greatest action sequences in cinema history, a tremendously indulgent case study in classic spectacle filmmaking. More oomph in one of Chan's stunts than the entirety of most modern day franchises (Mission Impossible respectfully excepted). Weakest of the three overall, but at its best gives the first film's opening and closing sequences a run for their money. Once again, the outtakes are better than many films.

Varda by Agnes - a master of film offers her final assessment of her career. Clips from her work over the decades play as Varda offers genuinely enthralling, funny and thoughtful commentary. Naturally, there are moments of formal playfulness scattered throughout, and there's a particularly strong sequence where Varda chats with Vagabond star Sandrine Bonnaire in a rainy, mucky field while reflecting on the significance of tracking shots. Completed only month's before Varda's death, it's clear this was very much a purposeful final film - especially with a haunting, sombre final shot. But Agnes Varda isn't one to dwell on the sad things - this is instead a joyful affair, and one last opportunity to spend time in the company of one of cinema's greatest directors.

Fighting With My Family - Primarily wanted to see how Florence Pugh got on in a somewhat more commercial film than her other work. She acquits herself wonderfully. Very so-so about the rest of the film. The first half hour or so shines thanks to Merchant's chirpy direction / script and the chemistry between Pugh, Frost, Headey and Lowden. But it morphs into something less interesting as it progresses, and there's a stink of WWE-advert about the thing that's off-putting (
    playing out the big finale as if the whole thing wasn't completely scripted IRL is an odd decision
    ). The cast keep things floating, though, even when the film's starting to sink.

One, Two, Three - This is a blast: Billy Wilder's 1961 screwball comedy set in a divided Berlin. The main character (James Cagney, who has seemingly boundless energy here) is the manager of a Coca-Cola factor in West Berlin who finds himself looking after his boss's teenager daughter. She secretly marries a communist from East Berlin, and many shenanigans ensue. A film that rips the complete piss out of both capitalism and communism with unashamed gusto. To be honest, most of the comedy amounts to people shouting at each other repeatedly, but the shouting is so ludicrously sustained and forceful it's hard to object. It's hard to be completely ridiculous and slyly intelligent at the same time, but this does a good job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

Sicario 2 - Loved the original film, one of my favorites of the last few years. This as I imagined it might be is poor in comparison and adds nothing. The look of it and set pieces were excellent, very consistent with the original. Acting was fine but the overall story arch is a real letdown compared to the original which managed to create a creeping dread verging on a horror film. The story in this film is contrived, didn't feel complete at all and the ending was hugely odd and unsatisfying. 5 / 10

Horrible Histories: The Move - Rotten Romans at the cinema yesterday. I thought it was very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Solaris (1972) - One of Tarkovsky's finest films. A masterpeice. The visuals are breathtaking & the score used throughout the movie was perfect. Loved that final scene as well.

Actually prefer it to 2001 A Space Oddysey, but both were obviously hugely important sci fi films, that influented the genre to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Apollo 11

That strange thing, a documentary that has to be seen in the cinema. I thought this was very impressive.

There’s no time wasting, just straight into launch day of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon. I felt a sense of nervousness and excitement in the build up to the countdown.

This isn’t a ‘talking head’ interview type of documentary, just tightly edited archive footage propelling the story forward over a brisk 90 minutes. It was gripping stuff.

The footage looked amazing, the sound in the cinema was impressively loud.

I came away from it with a real appreciation of the achievement to put men on the moon in 1969 and bring them back safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The intruder (2019)
    A young couple is terrorised by the man whose house they bought. On the plus side it had a suitably manic Dennis Quaid performance. Still fairly bad fair, with a very poor effort from the main male lead. Reminds me of late night films you find being played at about half eleven on a weeknight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Then Came You (2019)
    A guy in his early 20's, introverted and shy, is befriended by a teenage girl that has a short time left to live and together they make plans for her to have a blast in her dying days.
    Engaging characters, quirky and heart-warming story, I'd recommend it if you like films such as Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, The Fault in Our Stars, Five Feet Apart etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

p to the e wrote: »
    "Whitney" (2018) directed by Kevin McDonald.

To put it simply she was raised by a scummy, corrupt, politician father and a disciplinarian mother who wanted to live her success through her daughter. She grew up with two brothers who paralleled the scum what Houston would later marry. Once famous she surrounded herself with said scummy people who took all they could and didn't give a whole lot back. However I wouldn't feel too sorry for her.

In the end she lived in a glorified crack den and indirectly killed her daughter. This documentary seems to have been made with the cooperation of the family so you're left feeling a lot was left out or other opinions weren't wanted. Bobby Brown point blank refuses to talk about Whitney's drug use and the only long term stability in Whitney's life, her best friend and possible lover, Robyn doesn't get any input. Just passing mentions.

One of the big selling points of this movie
    was the allegations of abuse that came out against her cousin "Dee Dee Warick
    but this has been disputed. The parallels between the Jacksons and Houston's family are striking.

Frankly, I think Whitney used her beauty and charm to get away with a lot where no normal parent would have.

Hi, can you please tell me if you know where I could watch this? I’ve wanted to watch it now for a long time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I caught Attenberg on Mubi recently, having seen it compared to Lanthimos's Dogtooth, and really enjoyed it. It's not quite as dark as Dogtooth, but does have a similar off-kilter feeling to it. The performances are strong throughout and the writing and characterisation makes for an engrossing watch.

Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaw at the cinema this evening. I thought it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭El Duda

Watched some belters recently...

Raiders of the Lost Ark – 9/10

Arguably the quintessential adventure film. Spielberg at the height of his powers. Ford at his smouldering best and a shoot so dangerous it makes modern action films seem incredibly tame in comparison. As with most Spielberg films from that era, not a frame or line of dialogue is wasted. Exposition is delivered naturally without feeling at all contrived. Action set pieces are paced perfectly.

Two scenes really highlight how different the art of filmmaking was back then. The first being the punch up with a large Charles Bronson type which seems to take place within alarming proximity to live propeller blades. Surely this is camera trickery/forced perspective? No! They really did shoot that close to live blades. One slip or trip and either one of the actors is mincemeat.

The other scene being the snake pit. Over 8000 live snakes were used in this scene. Not a hint of CGI in sight but instead, strategic placement of mirrors to create the illusion that Indie really is having a stare off with a King Cobra within striking distance.
    Perhaps the most astonishing thing about this is that it was all achieved on a budget of $30M.

Blue Brothers – 9/10

Another film that I had put off watching for years, that goes straight into my all-time greatest comedies list. Madcap filmmaking at its best. The stunt work is insane. The spontaneity of the musical numbers is infectious. Even the running time of the film is excessive despite a severe lack of plot.

Ackroyd and Belushi are both fantastic as Jake and Elwood. Ackroyd doesn’t get enough credit for what he did here and on SNL. He and Belushi form a believable bond and Ackroyd has said many times that John was his brother. The affection for one another is very palpable and most importantly, they gots the moves!

It is rumoured that cocaine was factored into the films production budget. Cast and crew were encouraged to use it to aid with the long days of shooting. Given the stories I’ve heard from the era, and from the involvement of the late John Belushi, I don’t find this difficult to believe.
    Yet another timeless 80’s classic from John Landis and by far his most crazy piece of work. His films tend to hold up brilliantly and this is no different.

A Man Escaped – 8.5/10

Struggling to think of a film as old as this, that holds up as well as this, that I’ve enjoyed as much as this. Made in 1956, acclaimed director Robert Bresson crafts together a wholly authentic story about a captured French soldier who attempts to escape a German prison during the second world war.

This is a real filmmaker’s film and shows minimalist cinema at its finest. On the surface, it’s very stripped back and straightforward. The escape strategy is communicated in a way reminiscent of a step-by-step manual. Detailing every single aspect in minute detail and making no attempt to conceal the outcome. Crucial pieces of information are delivered in the past tense showing that the ending is not meant to surprise anyone, and the focus is the escape process itself.

Bresson uses a variety of techniques to create suspense and claustrophobia. Perhaps the most important aspect being his use of sound. The sound design here is incredibly important to the story. There are scratches, creaks, taps, knocks, footsteps and gunshots throughout, and they are all key to the plot. Some are cues to let you know the protagonist is in a heightened state of awareness. Others, such as the frequently heard gunfire, are to alert you of unseen dangers and drive home that sense of peril that permeates throughout the entire film.

As someone who has grown up with modern movies, I tend to expect grand finales that are loud and full of spectacle. The ending here is the complete antithesis of a modern-day blockbuster. At first it felt underwhelming but on reflection, I’d say it was simple and satisfying. An iconic piece of filmmaking history that should be celebrated more widely. Citizen Kane is frequently cited as being a masterclass in revolutionary story telling/film-making techniques. Surely, for 1956, this must have been equally ground-breaking?

Grave of the Fireflies – 10/10

Friday afternoon. I needed a film to pass the time and noticed this still in the cellophane on my shelf. At only 90mins in running time, this seemed like a good choice. I was aware that it was a war film, but it massively caught me off guard. I have never cried that much to a film in my life. I’ve seen many a gut-wrenching film in my time, but this was almost funeral levels of sobbing.

I’ve never seen a war film that cuts straight through the harshness of warfare and gets straight into the human suffering aspect as quickly as this. This is a film that sticks to the rails and never deviates from the core of the story, which is the relationship between two young siblings as they navigate their way through the living hell that is 1940’s Japan.

It offers a unique insight into the suffering of children during times of war. As with all Ghibli animations, it is beautiful but also shows grotesque detail and some very harrowing imagery. Even though this is a hand drawn cartoon, it is one of the most truthful films I have ever seen. It changes the way in which you think of war and offers a glimpse of the true tragedies that we never hear of. I thought Spirited Away was Ghibli’s masterpiece, but I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

The secret life of Pets 2.

I hadnt even seen the first one, but for whatever reasons I found myself watching this in a cinema at the weekend with a theater full of kids.........and it was magical. The film itself is very funny, sweet natured with a good message. The kids loved it, I loved it = win win. Think Im starting to prefer animated films to live action at this stage because I cant recall enjoying a live action film as much in a long time.
    Interesting side note though: Afterwards I stumbled upon this review of the film

http://https://www.thewrap.com/the-secret-life-of-pets-2-film-review-patton-oswalt-harrison-ford/

Is the world gone that crazy that a charming, sweet natured childrens film is now viewed as something "sinister" and "Toxic"???
    I hope the reviewer was trolling because if he's not then things have truly taken a turn for the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

tunguska wrote: »
    The secret life of Pets 2.

I hadnt even seen the first one, but for whatever reasons I found myself watching this in a cinema at the weekend with a theater full of kids.........and it was magical. The film itself is very funny, sweet natured with a good message. The kids loved it, I loved it = win win. Think Im starting to prefer animated films to live action at this stage because I cant recall enjoying a live action film as much in a long time.
    Interesting side note though: Afterwards I stumbled upon this review of the film

http://https://www.thewrap.com/the-secret-life-of-pets-2-film-review-patton-oswalt-harrison-ford/

Is the world gone that crazy that a charming, sweet natured childrens film is now viewed as something "sinister" and "Toxic"???
    I hope the reviewer was trolling because if he's not then things have truly taken a turn for the worst.

Saw that recently with a 4year old who loved it. I wouldn't be as effusive in my praise for it as you were, but it's by no means bad.

Re. your comments in bold....you obviously missed Jennifer Gannon reviewing Toy Story 4 on The Last Word recently talking about the racist elements of the movie? I'm not making that up......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Reservoir Dogs - a rewatch (obviously!). Under pressure time wise so can''t write a longer review and while it has some flaws, it's still a very solid 8, maybe even a 9/10.

Advertisement