Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2019 Edition)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Trying to get through some of my PS4 backlog so have finished

God of War
    Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    Detroit: Become Human
    Resident Evil 2: Remaster on PC

currently playing Metro: Exodus

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got round to finishing vanilla borderlands 2 last week,why i left it so long i dont know but it really is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Dark Souls 3, strength (minus Midir) I just can't beat hm.

Going for Dex tomorrow with some Int

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Battlefield V - PS4
    Spyro - PS4
    Red faction - PS4
    Yakuza zero - PS4

Dmc 5 - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (Redacted)
    Platform: NES (NES Classic)

Considering the original release was a clunky mess in regards to general direction, I had to go with the patched version that fixes all those confusing elements. However, even with that, I still got fairly confused where I was supposed to go next I ended up using a guide half way through it.

I enjoyed it but I'm not sure I was a huge fan of the abundance of walking from place to place, as well as the backtracking. I prefer the linear style of the original.

Took me about 4 hours to beat, and because I took so long I ended up with the Bad Ending.

AF32Nsim.jpg

Oh well, I'm happy I got to experience Castlevania 2 for the first time in some capacity.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
    Platform: NES (NES Classic)

This game would be enough to turn you to the drink.

My recorded playtime shows about 2 hours, but it really took me about 5 hours becausw of the amount of times I had to retry various parts.
    It's good but I think I stressed myself out more than anything. I think it was because I went through the hardest route.
    Not sure if I'll go back to it. Maybe if I did I could take the easiest route to give myself a break but as it stands, it is definitely the toughest Castlevania game out of the original three and I'm happy to say I beat Castlevania 3.

mBC9cjcm.jpg

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SPYRO THE DRAGON|PLAYSTATION 4
    OUTRUN (SEGA AGES)|NINTENDO SWITCH
    DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN|PLAYSTATION 4
    RESIDENT EVIL 2|PLAYSTATION 4
    SUPER MARIO BROS.|NES
    FIFA 17|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 18|PLAYSTATION 4
    CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON'S QUEST (REDACTED)|NES
    CASTLEVANIA III: DRACULA'S CURSE|NES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Liam9653

I play many games, but I run every day For Honor. I have special feelings for this game, it requires a lot of skills from the game and sense of time = reaction.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Got the platinum for the Spyro 2: Ripto's revenge last night. Definitely an improvement on the first game with additional attacks, boss fights and tasks to complete. I enjoyed it.

Game|Platform
    Assassins Creed Origins|Playstation 4
    Assassins Creed Odyssey|Playstation 4
    God of War| Playstation 4
    Spyro The Dragon| Playstation 4
    Spyro 2: Ripto's Revenge| PlayStation 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Have completed a few, but one of my all time favourites has to be an old title on the mini SNES. Completed Street Fighter 2 on Turbo 4 stars for the first time in many years.

Now onto Super Ghouls N' Ghosts. By jaysus this is a hard game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Far cry new dawn - PS4
    Shadow of the tomb raider -ps 4
    Yakuza kiwami - PS4
    Ys VIII - Switch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Megaman - Difficulty: Cunt Tier

Beaten this game before. Thought it would be handy. It wasnt. Robot master stages are ok. Wiley stages are just horrible. The boss gauntlets are set up to wear you down and the yellow devil took me 2 ****ing hours to kill.

Megaman 2 on difficult.

This is kind of my game so beaten it dozens of times. Huge improvement over the original in many ways. Way more fair. Less bull**** design. And some stuff like E tanks help players out. Still my favourite nes game of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Finished Spyro 3 tonight. I don't think it's quite as good as Spyro 2 but it's still a fun game with plenty of variety. I'm glad I got Spyro Reignited as I missed out on playing the games on Playstation 1.

Game|Platform
    Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon| Playstation 4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I hate the flying levels especially when trying to get the achievements and 100%

Game: Flashback: 25th Anniversary Edition
    Platform: PS4

Bought this while it was on sale (€9.99) and to bulk up my trophies a bit.
    100%, beaten on Expert (shame there was no Plat for it).

I think I've beaten it once a year the past 3 years at this stage.

Class game.

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SUPER MARIO BROS.|NES
    FIFA 17|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 18|PLAYSTATION 4
    FLASHBACK: 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION|PLAYSTATION 4

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Finished DMC5 last week, and A Hat in Time tonight.

Missed out on the secret ending though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ace Combat 7
    Dragon Quest 8
    MegaMan
    Megaman 2

Super Mario Bros

Bern trying to best thus game for years. Warpless with no extra life exploit. Been a long time coming. Harder than Sekiro. Fact.

[Xbox One]

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Really good game, few improvements from the first and the flying sections weren't as difficult as the first if you wanted the achievements. Another 1000G. If you are a achievement hunter these are pretty easy games to get the 3000G well I have played the first two and gotten 2000G so far with a small bit of frustration in the flying sections but apart from that easy pickings.

Game: FIFA 19: The Journey - Champions

I bought FIFA 19 last week - ultimately making it the first time I've not bought the newest FIFA within the month of its release since FIFA 08.

I just fell out with the series because they appear to put too much of their focus on Ultimate Team than any of the other aspects of it.

Only really bought this one to finish the story arc that I surprisingly enjoyed.

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SUPER MARIO BROS.|NES
    FIFA 17|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 18|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 19|PLAYSTATION 4

I got the platinum for Spider Man yesterday. The story was very enjoyable and I was a big fan of the combat. Graphics, voice acting etc. were all top notch. The only thing that I didn't enjoy were the sheer amount of crimes you had to complete in each district. They were too repetitive and become boring very quick. Otherwise it was a an extremely enjoyable game. I don't think I'll bother with the DLC though.

Game|Platform
    Spider Man| PlayStation 4

I finished the campaign in Call of Duty Modern Warfare today. I didn't go for the platinum, I have no interest in playing through the game on Veteran difficulty. I also didn't play any multi-player as I've no interest in that either. It was a solid game but very run of the mill stuff. Nothing particularly interesting. I suppose these games are mainly for multi-player but it was an enjoyable enough single player experience.

Game|Platform
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered| Playstation 4

Battlefield V - PS4
    Spyro - PS4
    Red faction - PS4
    Yakuza zero - PS4
    Dmc 5 - PS4

Resident evil 2 - PS4

• Advertisement

Game: Streets of Rage 2 (SEGA Mega Drive Classics Collection)
    Platform: Nintendo Switch

Another year, another run of Streets of Rage 2.

Started the game with 1 Life. Unfortunately I got too cocky at the end and lost 1 continue during the penultimate boss.

Nothing else to say. Best brawler ever made.

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SUPER MARIO BROS.|NES
    FIFA 17|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 18|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 19|PLAYSTATION 4
    STREETS OF RAGE 2 (SEGA MD CLASSICS)|NINTENDO SWITCH

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭TinCanMan

Shadow of the Colossus remake PS4 - Such a beautiful game that's sometimes let down by temperamental controls (not to the extent that it impacts your enjoyment of the game though).

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves remastered PS4 - A big improvement from Uncharted 1 with likeable characters, witty dialog and plenty of action.

God of War PS4 - An absolute masterpiece and a very different approach from previous games in the series. Definitely one of the defining games of this console generation. Although I've finished I still have some side quests and Valkryie to deal with.

Ace Combat 7
    Dragon Quest 8
    MegaMan
    Megaman 2
    Super Mario Bros

Megaman 3

Great megaman game but I feel it's not as good as 2. There's a few too many glitches (like the floating platforms in Snake mans stage) and while it's a longer game, I don't feel it's a better one than 2. Still well worth your time and has some cracking music.

Megaman 4

While I did enjoy this one it's a big step back from Megaman 2 and 3. The mega buster doesn't really work that well and especially when the game is constantly dropping inputs due to lag. Losing charge when you get hit is also infuriating. I don't feel the game is as fair as 2 and 3 either but it tries to compensate by throwing E-tanks at the player which you can stack up as much as you want of. Boss and level design isn't as well thought out. Frogman in particular is a total pushover and one of the worst designed bosses in the series. The Legacy collection at least fixes the issue of the megabuster charge sound effect using up one of the music channels which ruins the music somewhat. It's still a fun game but feels very rushed. The megaman 4 bosses that returned in the Megaman 3 Gameboy game were better designed with better levels.

I got the platinum for both Eventide 3 and Grim Legends 3 over the weekend. Both are hidden object/puzzle games from Artifex Mundi. They follow their usual format. Both games are reasonable straightforward and easy to platinum but are good fun and a welcome break from more stressful or difficult games. I'm a fan of all Artifex Mundi games.

Game|Platform
    Assassins Creed Origins|PlayStation 4
    Assassins Creed Odyssey|PlayStation 4
    God of War| PlayStation 4
    Spyro The Dragon| PlayStation 4
    Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon| PlayStation 4
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered| PlayStation 4
    Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends| PlayStation 4
    Grim Legends 3: The Dark City| PlayStation 4

Game: Mortal Kombat 11

I honestly cannot think of any other series (that I have played) that has been this consistently good after 11 main instalments.

MK11 still manages to retain the same tight controls while adding new features within its already deep fighting mechanics. Easy to pick up and play if you're a beginner as well.

The story gave me a headache and is definitely the most confusing in my books. But it was still fun to play through all the same.

I'll keep plugging away at all the other modes but I'll probably not even bother with online, knowing me.

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SUPER MARIO BROS.|NES
    FIFA 17|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 18|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 19|PLAYSTATION 4
    STREETS OF RAGE 2 (SEGA MD CLASSICS)|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MORTAL KOMBAT 11|PLAYSTATION 4

[Xbox One]

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Really good game. I enjoyed all three of them. Easy achievements also.

Battlefield V - PS4
    Spyro - PS4
    Red faction - PS4
    Yakuza zero - PS4
    Dmc 5 - PS4
    Resident evil 2 - PS4

Shadow warrior - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Falthyron wrote: »
    Metro 2033 - PC
    GRIS - PC