Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

191 reg cars...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I don't quite follow. What would an "individual" buy instead?

Maybe, a zuzuci fontara.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Miike wrote: »
    Maybe, a zuzuci fontara.

I was thinking that. Or maybe Optimus Prime, you wouldn't see too many of him on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,252 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

galwaytt wrote: »
    mickdw wrote: »
    But the guy at start of this thread gets his focus 1st January each and every year so it's possible to get a registration done on 1st.

No, it's pre-registered before 1st.
    That only strengthens the argument for picking up on the first. If the registration side of things can be looked after in advance, I'm sure the money side can also so be sorted so the they should open for handover.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

mickdw wrote: »
    That only strengthens the argument for picking up on the first. If the registration side of things can be looked after in advance, I'm sure the money side can also so be sorted so the they should open for handover.

As far as I'm aware, they can't be pre-registered before the 1st Jan.

I don't look after registering cars personally, but know people who do, and it is done there and then online - as long as there's money in the VRT account.

Dealers could log on to ROS at any point after midnight on the 1st January to reg cars, then print the plates, put them on the car, give it the final wash and do the handover. Looks like some do for special customers, but most dealers will only schedule a few handovers for the first working day of 2019.

More handovers being done today than yesterday - ROS has a habit of falling over on the 1st working day, so sensible dealers schedule stuff for the following day rather than having customers sitting around waiting for their cars that can't be registered and therefore can't be let out.

ROS seemed to hold up yesterday without any issues, which made a pleasant change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

bs2014 wrote: »
    That said a lot of them are prob the 161 heard of Tucsons being flipped into 191 pcps.

Can you elaborate on this? The Tucson had a facelift in 2018 - how could they sell a 2016 model as a 2019?

• Advertisement

Naos wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on this? The Tucson had a facelift in 2018 - how could they sell a 2016 model as a 2019?

I think he means a lot of people who PCP'd new Tucsons in 161 had to either buy out their vehicle or take on a new PCP deal this year.

PCP is becoming less and less of a new phenomenon though so we can probably all stop making statements like those anyway. people are taking on new PCP's all the time and it was pretty common by 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,174 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Miike wrote: »
    Maybe, a zuzuci fontara.

And the "long wheel brace" is handy because those wheel nuts are a divil to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I don't quite follow. What would an "individual" buy instead?

Kia Sportage, Mazda CX-6, Peugeot 308, Renault Kadjar, Seat Ateca, Skoda, Karoq, Suburu XV, Toyota Rav4 etc. Loads of choice.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Kia Sportage, Mazda CX-6, Peugeot 308, Renault Kadjar, Seat Ateca, Skoda, Karoq, Suburu XV, Toyota Rav4 etc. Loads of choice.

oh right, this is a jab at the Tucson.

Yeah, i'd go with a Kia Sportage then, completely different and totally bespoke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Needles73

Naos wrote: »

The dealer can ”sell” the 2016 secondhand under a new PCP to another customer. They are not selling it as new. PCP can be used for secondhand vehicles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Saw a 191-D-696 merc C class yesterday... possibly E class, they all look the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

spotted two new 191's in sligo yesterday evening , dark so i didnt get any pics but one was a black peugeot boxer van 191 SO 10 .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Passed my 1st 191 earlier on the M1. 191LH54 a Nissan Micra

• Registered Users Posts: 30,331 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Looks like the new A Class is very popular, seen quite a few lined up waiting for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Looks like the new A Class is very popular, seen quite a few lined up waiting for collection.

you can unlock it.........with your phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭road_high

All thrilling Kias so far (live near the garage!). 191 KK, 191 W, 191 LS Kia Sportages and one Ceed. I predict 2019 continue much the same as 2018 with a plethora of European and Asian small SUVs!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,331 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

you can unlock it.........with your phone :rolleyes:

I was tempted to get one until I found out that it costs 5k for the ambient lighting if you want it :eek: Thought it might come as standard in the AMG but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭road_high

AMKC wrote: »
    23 Tucsons: How boring. I seen VW was the most popular brand last year and the Tucson the most popular car. How boring. Just people following the heard instead of thinking for them self's and being individuals.

The Tucson is giving people what they want- good value, size, sitting “High up” and chape tax plus a long warranty. It’s the new Toyota Avensis

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me or a lot of manufacturers don't have their new stuff until later this year.

For example whole new Toyota line up, Citroen c5 aircross, Skoda scala, not sure abount new leon, it might be 2019/2020.

Something tells me 192 plates might get a bigger boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭opus

Saw my first 191 in Cork city during lunch, a Honda Civic. Made me realise my own Civic has now reached sweet sixteen :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

I was tempted to get one until I found out that it costs 5k for the ambient lighting if you want it :eek: Thought it might come as standard in the AMG but nope.

It's in the Premium Pack which is 4476. You get a lot more than Ambient Lighting for that 4476 though...

10.25" All-digital instrument display
    10.25" Media display
    Ambient lighting
    Hard-disc navigation
    Illuminated door sill panels with “Mercedes-Benz” lettering
    KEYLESS-GO
    Mirror package
    Parking package with reversing camera
    Rear armrest
    Sound system - 10 speakers, 225 watts

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Woodie40

Awful looking car.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's in the Premium Pack which is 4476. You get a lot more than Ambient Lighting for that 4476 though...

10.25" Media display
    Ambient lighting
    Hard-disc navigation
    KEYLESS-GO
    Mirror package
    Rear armrest

Did you tell that to Spec Dec?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

10.25" Media display
    Ambient lighting
    Hard-disc navigation
    KEYLESS-GO
    Mirror package
    Rear armrest

That doesn't seem too bad considering what's in it. Audi configurator likes to force spec you probably wouldn't want for things like digital dash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Did you tell that to Spec Dec?

Sniff my diff!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it me or a lot of manufacturers don't have their new stuff until later this year.

For example whole new Toyota line up, Citroen c5 aircross, Skoda scala, not sure abount new leon, it might be 2019/2020.

Something tells me 192 plates might get a bigger boost.

A few factors at play here perhaps:
    1. WLTP testing, some manufacturers were not ready for it so there are delays in getting model with every single spec tested and certified in time.
    2. The UK market has a fair bit of influence on when we can get RHD versions of some mew models. March and September are the months that new RHD models seems to be common which might have something to do with the registration plate change over there.
    3. The Irish Distributor still have old models to clear so they delay the launch of the new model until there is a significant reduction of old models still unsold. For example Honda did this with the Accord about 10 years ago where they still had the old model on sale here in Ireland well into 2009 while the newer model was on sale across Europe since 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Woodie40

There’s quite a lot of new cars due this year, early 20’s, not that the dealer selling you the old model will tell you that.
    Although ultimately it is up to you to do the research.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I know that in Cork they have passed the 640 mark already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Saw 2 in Dublin City Centre.
    A Mitsubishi Outlander and a Nissan Juke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

A long line of miserable diesel Tucsons parked outside Hogans in Galway on 1 Jan. The secondhand market is doomed.

Advertisement