Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone was tested in Dun Laoghaire test centre?

• 03-01-2019 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Anyone was tested in Dun Laoghaire test centre?

Any idea what the routes will be?

Thanks in advance!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fifiyoyo

Hey, no can't find anything online! have been wondering myself. Have my test this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ocer

fifiyoyo wrote: »
    Hey, no can't find anything online! have been wondering myself. Have my test this week!

Yep, just booked a test in Dun Laoghaire, haven't got a test date yet.

Hope you have good luck!

don't forget feedback, millions thanks!

I will! Have mine on Thursday.
    Failed back in October in Churchtown so hopefully Dunlaoghaire will be nicer as I know the roads better!

I will! Have mine on Thursday.
    Failed back in October in Churchtown so hopefully Dunlaoghaire will be nicer as I know the roads better!

GOOD LUCK!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CoffeeCrap

I passed today in Dun Laoghaire! I don't know the exact route as I am not too familiar with the area, but we turned right out of the test centre/lidl car park. Stayed mainly on long straight roads, one road in particular was straight and long but with bumps quite frequently.

Went into some housing estates for the manouevres and there was one road in particular with cars both sides where I actually had to drive in a serpentine way to avoid them, couldnt physically go straight up the middle without crashing. Didn;t get a mark for doing so but in another estate i got a mark for giving too much cleareance to parked cars.

There is one tricky roundabout as well if not two to be wary of, a lot of exits and two tight lines to actually enter the roundabout. I would say practice these a good bit.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

CoffeeCrap wrote: »
    I passed today in Dun Laoghaire! I don't know the exact route as I am not too familiar with the area, but we turned right out of the test centre/lidl car park. Stayed mainly on long straight roads, one road in particular was straight and long but with bumps quite frequently.

Went into some housing estates for the manouevres and there was one road in particular with cars both sides where I actually had to drive in a serpentine way to avoid them, couldnt physically go straight up the middle without crashing. Didn;t get a mark for doing so but in another estate i got a mark for giving too much cleareance to parked cars.

There is one tricky roundabout as well if not two to be wary of, a lot of exits and two tight lines to actually enter the roundabout. I would say practice these a good bit.

Best of luck!

Well Done!!!

Thanks a million for share this info!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zihua.android.mytracks

I found an app which can record your driving route.
    If someone does the test recently, may consider recording for share.

According to CoffeeCrap said, I presume the roundabout is Glengarry roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

Recording of a driving test is against the RSA rules . I know your talking about an app to track the routes but an Examiner may take exception

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

Ocer wrote: »
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zihua.android.mytracks

I found an app which can record your driving route.
    If someone does the test recently, may consider recording for share.

According to CoffeeCrap said, I presume the roundabout is Glengarry roundabout.

I can tell you the roundabout would have been the Graduate roundabout and the long road is Avondale Road :)

Failed today, 2nd time but a lot better than the 1st time I did the test, so happyish about it!
    My route was
    -right out of centre(hill start)
    -down pottery road and right at the lights onto Johnstown
    -right at the top of Johnstown rd onto Rochestown Ave
    -down Rochestown Ave to Graduate roundabout and take 2nd left onto Avondale road (careful of pedestrian crossing on both entrance and exit)
    -Down Avondale and right at 2nd mini roundabout into Cluny Grove I think. Did hill start here also reverse around corner in that estate.
    -Back out left onto Avondale Rd and down towards Graduate roundabout and took 2 left back onto Rochestown Ave down towards lights and left into Granite Field - did the Turnabout and hand signals here, back out and left on Johnstown rd and right onto Pottery Rd and back into centre.

Tester was very nice and told me observation was main thing that failed me and no grade 3s just Grade 2s so babe booked again and hoping not to wait that long.

Am going to book a few more lessons/Pre test. If looking for an instruction, I recommend Steven from Better Drive only wish I had him from the start! Only had him for a pre test but found him great!

• Advertisement

Failed today, 2nd time but a lot better than the 1st time I did the test, so happyish about it!
    My route was
    -down Rochestown Ave to Graduate roundabout and take 2nd left onto Avondale road (careful of pedestrian crossing on both entrance and exit)
    -Down Avondale and right at 2nd mini roundabout into Cluny Grove I think. Did hill start here also reverse around corner in that estate.
    -Back out left onto Avondale Rd and down towards Graduate roundabout and took 2 left back onto Rochestown Ave down towards lights and left into Granite Field - did the Turnabout and hand signals here, back out and left on Johnstown rd and right onto Pottery Rd and back into centre.

Tester was very nice and told me observation was main thing that failed me and no grade 3s just Grade 2s so babe booked again and hoping not to wait that long.

Am going to book a few more lessons/Pre test. If looking for an instruction, I recommend Steven from Better Drive only wish I had him from the start! Only had him for a pre test but found him great!

Fabulous! Thanks a million for share and best luck with your next test!

Would you mind tell me, how many days (or weeks) did you wait for the test from online booking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Yes I have did one there and failed as I got a grade 3 on the roundabout at Killiney Shopping Centre but would have passed otherwise will do it again there soon after my college exams are finished. The tester was very polite, friendly and professional compared to the one I had in Churchtown there seem to quite a lot of testers there I did mine on the day after it opened.

The route is much easier than Churchtown with wider roads and less parked cars etc. but there are a lot more roundabouts. I believe there used to be an SGS test centre there about 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

My route was

Sounds like the same I did there. Nice testers better than in Churchtown. Stay on the outside lane on the Graduate Roundabout would be my advice as if did that I would have passed.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Sounds like the same I did there. Nice testers better than in Churchtown. Stay on the outside lane on the Graduate Roundabout would be my advice as if did that I would have passed.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 klonk1

I did mine today.

route:

Take a left out onto Pottery Road.
    Take the right slip lane to turn right at Bakers Corner Pub onto Kill Avenue.
    Wait for filter light or no oncoming traffic and turn right and go down past IADT
    At the fire station take a left into Ashgrove.
    Continue straight ( don't take immediate left) then take the next left (past industrial units)to bring you up to Birchgrove. (you're now facing back out at IADT entrance and the church)
    Take a left onto the main road and take a right into Ardmore Park. Somewhere in these estates you do the turnabout and hillstart (very mild hill)
    Exit Ardmore Park left and head back up towards bakers corner on Kill avenue
    Take a left to go up past the petrol station and past the National rehabilitation hospital.( Rochestown avenue)
    Past Dunne Motors and left onto Sallynoggin road. At the cafe take a right onto Pearse st past Aldi
    Right into Pearse park, follow the road around to Pearse Close (careful of Park road to the left merging onto the road - you have right of way but best to slow right down
    through the little estates avoiding cars and back down to Sallynoggin college.
    take a left onto Pearse st, left to Pearse villas, right onto Rochestown Park, right onto Rochester Avenue, past circle k garage, left slip road onto Johnstown road, into Granitefield for reverse around the corner. Mine was uphill and the path dipped a little out of view to accommodate a lowered footpath, back out onto Johnstown road then right onto pottery road and back to the test centre!

I hope this helps someone! just stay calm. The testers all seemed really friendly and put everyone there at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

My daughter passed there on Monday
    Failed first time in Churchtown before Xmas
    Said the route was nicer, didn’t tell me the actual route but came up past the fire station and said it was mainly in and out of estates, the only time she could get into 4th gear was Pottery Road
    Said the examiner was much nicer than in
    Churchtown
    Her driving instructor recommended practising the 3 point turn and reversing around corners in Granitfield and Rory O’Connor Park

NutmegGirl wrote: »
    My daughter passed there on Monday
    Failed first time in Churchtown before Xmas
    Said the route was nicer, didn’t tell me the actual route but came up past the fire station and said it was mainly in and out of estates, the only time she could get into 4th gear was Pottery Road
    Said the examiner was much nicer than in
    Churchtown
    Her driving instructor recommended practising the 3 point turn and reversing around corners in Grandfield and Rory O’Connor Park

Congrats!

Thanks for sharing!

Finally passed in early Feb! such a good feeling :-)

Finally passed in early Feb! such a good feeling :-)

Well done! Congrats!

Ocer wrote: »
    Well done! Congrats!

Thanks! have you done yours yet?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement