Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The war on meat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Less meat consumption would be a welcome change

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

gozunda wrote: »
    'Cowspiracy' is little better than rancid vegan propaganda tbh. The figures used to push the agenda of that film were found to be made up by vegan film producers who falsely claimed that animal agricultural contributed some 51 % of all greenhouse gases. Not only was this figure shown to been have made up - it failed to even mention that it is fossil fuels and the transport sectors who are the single biggest contributor to global greenhouse gas emissions. But none of that suits the vegan agenda does it?

https://newint.org/blog/2016/02/10/cowspiracy-stampeding-in-the-wrong-direction

I see this 'Beyond Meat' company has also used that Goodland &: Anhang document to post 'facts' about animal based meats on their website :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Absolute joke...we're being brainwashed by all sides. How is India gettin on environmentally with their no beef policy?
    Ireland is a nanny state and I for one am sick to the teeth being ripped off and told what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Consumerism is the biggest issue effecting the climate. Stuff being bought and fcuked out to dumps or rot, a couple of foreign holidays a year, the newest gadget just because its out. But these things won't be targeted. Farmers are an easy target, big business take over food production then with processed ****e. Dinner today was meat and veg all produced in Ireland, much better ethical and environmentally than avocado and fecking tofu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Absolute joke...we're being brainwashed by all sides. How is India gettin on environmentally with their no beef policy?
    Ireland is a nanny state and I for one am sick to the teeth being ripped off and told what to do.

What a silly argument. India would be even worse off if beef consumption was common

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Gael23 wrote: »
    Meat is murder
    Bring on the genocide!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

India has the highest production of any country of milk. It's vast population uses it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Does it suit your farmer agenda? Also, does every single one of your posts contain the words ‘vegan agenda’ or ‘vegan propaganda’ ...if not a rolls eyes smiley? Because you sure do go on, and on...any threads on boards about meat or vegans, that’s where you’ll be found!

May I ask why you always seek me out - but do not contribute to the discussion?

I'm sorry does the truth hurt? Because that's what the EAT report and those stupid films are -pure rubbish propaganda. Im sorry if you don't like be pointed out. It's funny but a small number of vegans like yourself always seem to turn up variously to attack the poster and not the post. But then that's not new is it?

Btw the link I provided was written by an decent vegan who pointed out that the figures in Cowspiracy were "a load of manure" (his words)

Take a read - You might learn something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I should get 500 years so.
    10 years for each steak you’ve eaten😄

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I'd be getting 1000 years inside if that was the case :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I can't believe people want to miss out on tweets like this.
    https://twitter.com/StrathroyDairy/status/1085622779301580800?s=19

I see this 'Beyond Meat' company has also used that Goodland &: Anhang document to post 'facts' about animal based meats on their website :rolleyes:

When this companies shares goes public, invest in them. Get on the gravy train. Tyson Foods have even seen their potential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

marvin80 wrote: »
    We should probably reduce our consumption of meat but surely there's other areas to concentrate on like the number of cars on the road.

There's over 2 million cars on the road but it's unlikely the government will recommend thousands of people to get rid of them.

Funny you should mention cars, you can measure how far you can drive on a years worth of energy to grow a steak.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjUiI782vXfAhVcShUIHZ3kC5AQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fscience-environment-46459714&psig=AOvVaw35-CsKYL0jqP4jPoPc1Jrw&ust=1547845234265713

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

No but a day for every animal i have slaughtered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

No but a day for every animal i have slaughtered.

Head shot.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I read the book Eating Animals last year and it really opened my eyes to thinking about where meat comes from.

I eat a lot less meat now, probably half what I used to eat. I still love the taste, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Unearthly wrote: »
    Less meat consumption would be a welcome change

It would, but we simply can't have a mature conversation about the enviroment and meat eating in this country. All you'll get is stupid jokes and unthinking comments. We're so far behind other countries when it comes to tackling these issues, it's laughable. People won't even consider reducing their meat consumption slightly, despite the massive effect large scale farming has on the enviroment. Something will have to change though, and most likely it will have to be forced on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Aw I'm sorry dies the truth hurt? Because that's what the EAT report and those stupid films are -pure rubbish propaganda. Im sorry if you don't like be pointed out. It's funny but a small number of vegans like yourself always seem to turn up variously to attack the poster and not the post. But then that's not new is it?

Btw the link I provided was written by an decent vegan who pointed out that the figures in Cowspiracy were "a load of manure" (his words)

Take a read - You might learn something

Oh give it a rest, for the last time, I’m not vegan. Many people are disillusioned with mass production of meat, that mostly goes to waste.

More so, I find your statements about vegans having agendas and spreading propaganda to be an apt description for yourself.

You are a farmer, and every thread that pops up that you think is going to threaten your likelihood you’re all over like a rash, because you’re the one with the agenda!

pconn062 wrote: »
    It would, but we simply can't have a mature conversation about the enviroment and meat eating in this country. All you'll get is stupid jokes and unthinking comments. We're so far behind other countries when it comes to tackling these issues, it's laughable. People won't even consider reducing their meat consumption slightly, despite the massive effect large scale farming has on the enviroment. Something will have to change though, and most likely it will have to be forced on us.

You could always emigrate.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

When this companies shares goes public, invest in them. Get on the gravy train. Tyson Foods have even seen their potential

I do hope that's meat gravy!

Seriously though I think you might want to take a look at some of those backing the highly processed junk food called "Beyond Meat"
    Khaled bin Alwaleed is a Saudi Prince from a family of huge personal wealth. Much of it derived from the oil industry.

Of note the House of Saud is one of the most repressive regimes on the planet. This is a regime that oversees the most “the most profoundly gender-segregated nation on Earth”.

Prince Khaled bin Alwaleed bin Talal is also the founder and chairman of the lucrative KBW Investments, which focuses on start-ups and established companies in the construction sector. 

Among the investments and partnerships that KBW ventures is linked to is Beyond Meat, a Los Angeles-headquartered plant-based food manufacturer 

Khaled said that meat alternatives are the best option from a 'financial perspective' 

We’ve seen really, really good returns,”

This is the point where investors step in, having discovered that the “plant-based” lifestyle market generates large profit margins, adding value through the ultra-processing of cheap materials (e.g., protein extracts, starches, and oils).

Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

You could always emigrate.

Point proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Head shot.

Ya one shot between the eyes bang bang.

I do hope that's meat gravy!

Seriously though I think you might want to take a look at some of those backing the highly processed junk food called "Beyond Meat"

Nice!

You've pretty much backed up my point. Serious players with impressive financial wealth such as Bill Gates also involved. They see a big future for it even if the food isn't healthy

Get on the train Gozunda

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Tuco88 wrote: »
    Are they that blind? The problem is not meat consumption. The place is way too over populated.

Divide by 2.

If people aren't too picky about which animal the meat comes from we could reduce the population and increase the meat supply simultaneously.

Oh give it a rest, for the last time, I’m not vegan. Many people are disillusioned with mass production of meat, that mostly goes to waste.More so, I find your statements about vegans having agendas and spreading propaganda to be an apt description for yourself. You are a farmer, and every thread that pops up that you think is going to threaten your likelihood you’re all over like a rash, because you’re the one with the agenda!

Just to remind you - You are commenting on my posts and following me for some bizarre reason. If you don't like something - it's probably best to ignore it.

Not a vegan? Well that's not what was indicated in your last couple of diatribes in the farming forum etc.

The fact is what is being pushed has been shown to be 'propaganda' like the false figures used in the film 'Cowspiracy'. If you don't like that tough.

Why are you always being negative about meat?
    A huge percentage of all types of food in this country 'goes to waste'. How about to getting annoyed about that for a change?

If you have a viewpoint - have the gahoonies to detail it and try to play the ball not the player. I've added you to the ignore list.

Please note I don't have a 'likelihood" or whatever lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Oh give it a rest, for the last time, I’m not vegan. Many people are disillusioned with mass production of meat, that mostly goes to waste.

More so, I find your statements about vegans having agendas and spreading propaganda to be an apt description for yourself.

You are a farmer, and every thread that pops up that you think is going to threaten your likelihood you’re all over like a rash, because you’re the one with the agenda!

How does it 'mostly go to waste'? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I ain't changing my diet because people can't curb overbreeding. If anything the world should be encouraging the reduction of the world's population.

You've pretty much backed up my point. Serious players with impressive financial wealth such as Bill Gates also involved. They see a big future for it even if the food isn't healthy Get on the train Gozunda

So you read about the investor I detailed? The devil rides that train! Ever hear about ethical consumerism? 'Beyond meat' is highly processed junk food. The investors see an opportunity to make money out of the gullible imo ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

Ah, another AH hate wankfest on something "liberal".
    It's like Pavlov now, isn't it?
    Just put traveler, liberal, vegan, refugee or feminist into the thread title and watch the monkeys dance.
    Well, have fun you guys.

• Advertisement

pconn062 wrote: »
    Point proven.

Eat more meat and you'll get more irony.

Advertisement