Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Longshot Value at Cheltenham

• 17-01-2019 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Ill be starting with a decent Ante-post bet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Ryanair Chase

The top of the market for this race is mad at the moment with most of them not showing up here for this race. Monalee and Politologue look the most likely favs on the day. I’ve had Coney Island in mind for this since his very good run at Leopardstown over Christmas and I just can’t get over his price at the moment. He is a very lightly raced horse with bags of potential and in my view this is his trip. He really ran well in the Savills chase when a poor jump at the last and perhaps a lack of staying power cost him what looked a likely place. He has had a lovely prep with only 2 runs this year both with promise and considering his novice form I think he is the forgotten horse in this market. He hasn’t been entered in the Gold Cup, so hopefully this is his target. The trainer’s horses always run well at the festival and I’m sure he will get there in top shape. If he does he will go of about 10/1 or lower. 33/1 NRNB is great price with no risk.

2 Points EW 33/1 NRNB 365 ¼ place 1/5th place SKY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Aidan do u expect Footpad or UDS to go Ryanair?

Aidan do u expect Footpad or UDS to go Ryanair?

Lord knows . Not both for sure .

aidankkk wrote: »
    Lord knows . Not both for sure .

Min favourite 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Ryanair Chase

The top of the market for this race is mad at the moment with most of them not showing up here for this race. Monalee and Politologue look the most likely favs on the day. I’ve had Coney Island in mind for this since his very good run at Leopardstown over Christmas and I just can’t get over his price at the moment. He is a very lightly raced horse with bags of potential and in my view this is his trip. He really ran well in the Savills chase when a poor jump at the last and perhaps a lack of staying power cost him what looked a likely place. He has had a lovely prep with only 2 runs this year both with promise and considering his novice form I think he is the forgotten horse in this market. He hasn’t been entered in the Gold Cup, so hopefully this is his target. The trainer’s horses always run well at the festival and I’m sure he will get there in top shape. If he does he will go of about 10/1 or lower. 33/1 NRNB is great price with no risk.

2 Points EW 33/1 NRNB 365 ¼ place 1/5th place SKY

He goes straight there trainer said the other day and i backed at 50/1 myself with Hills ew as it’s too big for an open race.

• Advertisement

madmoose wrote: »
    He goes straight there trainer said the other day and i backed at 50/1 myself with Hills ew as it’s too big for an open race.

Lovely figured that . Goes off 12-16/1 at most .

Maybe not a double figure, but I think the 7/1 available on faugheen in the stayers NRNB is a great bet
    Looked like he was shaping well behind the wondermare the last day till he tipped up. Nothing in that race should scare connections. Can Faugheen beat Penhill? Course he can! Can faugheen beat Supa over 3m? Course he bloody can!
    His run at Punchestown over the trip was a demolition job.

Unless AJ goes Stayers, there is nothing to fear, and at 7/1 nrnb, I honestly think its a decent bet

(10/1 in boyles, but not nrnb)

May be doing a Champion Hurdle Preview Podcast this week. Anyone like to contribute?

Questions, Left Field Tips or ideas about the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

May be doing a Champion Hurdle Preview Podcast this week. Anyone like to contribute?

Labaik !!?
    Sommerville boy back after injury at a big price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

How far will Espoir D'Allen win by?

Seriously though, if he runs well in Naas this weekend, do you/the panel think that connections will run him in the CH? Would it be foolish not too?

The Champion Hurdle looks like it could have a poorer quality field than the Mares Hurdle at this stage. Discuss...

Tombstone came 4th it a sensational Supreme. Given his much improved run LTO, is 100/1 a slight oversight?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

He's out for the season Aidan :pac:

Best of luck with it in all seriousness though. How far does Blow by Blow win the 4 miler by?

The Mig wrote: »
    He's out for the season Aidan :pac:

Best of luck with it in all seriousness though. How far does Blow by Blow win the 4 miler by?

Miles I'd say . Do like the swc horse as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

What's the name of the Podcast Aidan? I mean if you done some before.

Earendil wrote: »
    What's the name of the Podcast Aidan? I mean if you done some before.

Nope never did one . It'll be for the laugh mainly . Probably be the least professional podcast , with Kilkenny bog accent .

Should be called longshotvalue cheltenham preview or something .

Intro sorted hopefully Wicklow brace commentary with music .

Sounds excellent!!!!
    Link us up Aidan!!

(Wanna know where ye think Footpad should and will run)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Would love to listen. Hope it goes good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Can you please get Sting on the panel?

Skype him in from the villa in the south of France

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Do the recording of him once it's been recorded...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Miles I'd say . Do like the swc horse as well .

BBB rsa, think that 4 miler is a lot more competitive than you think

• Advertisement

Impulsive Star for the 4 Miler
    still 12/1 AP

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Will we get your podcast this side of the pond Aiden?

He’s already booked for a Cheltenham Preview for the day after the festival ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Motivator

BumperD wrote: »

Blow By Blow lacks gears over fences for an RSA I think. The 4 miler looks right up his street.

BumperD wrote: »
    They have Delta Work for that. BBB looks slow as a boat. I think OK Corral will go RSA

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Maxbing

Ill be starting with a decent Ante-post bet
    Testing

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Motivator wrote:
    Blow By Blow lacks gears over fences for an RSA I think. The 4 miler looks right up his street.

What day is the 4 miler?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Posh Trish in the mares novice hurdle

The Mig wrote: »
    They have Delta Work for that. BBB looks slow as a boat. I think OK Corral will go RSA

Ok coral 16/1 for rsa, 7/2 fav for 4 miler after lumps of money in last 10 days. That should tell you it has really outside chance of going RSAjockey booking on ok corrals last run also strong indicator 4 miler is the target, things can change but just look at the market moves, someone knows

• Advertisement

idnkph wrote: »
    What day is the 4 miler?

Day 1 Tuesday

Advertisement