Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Suppose so. Anyway we will agree to differ.

Do you find other Medline McCann jokes inappropriate too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

ganmo wrote: »

I asked a question about the thread and said I found a post in bad taste. And now all of a sudden I am being questioned by people who have nothing to do with the post. I am entitled to my opinion and don't need to justify it to all and sundry.

I asked a question about the thread and said I found a post in bad taste. And now all of a sudden I am being questioned by people who have nothing to do with the post. I am entitled to my opinion and don't need to justify it to all and sundry.

I'm not attacking you, I'm curious that's all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Do you not?, would be a better question. A young child murdered/abducted is hardly great source material.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mr E wrote: »
    K6D9aRR.jpg?1

Article from the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department at MIT that shows that tinfoil hats are very effective.

At amplifying the signals that is :eek:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100708230258/http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
    Results
    For all helmets, we noticed a 30 db amplification at 2.6 Ghz and a 20 db amplification at 1.2 Ghz, regardless of the position of the antenna on the cranium. In addition, all helmets exhibited a marked 20 db attenuation at around 1.5 Ghz, with no significant attenuation beyond 10 db anywhere else.
    Conclusion
    The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location''

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Safety Tips From Anubis

...That's not how I remember "The Cat In The Hat".

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Suckit wrote: »
    yjLgV5q.jpg

Is this funny because there is no power cable connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Found the programmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Found the programmer.

Uh, thought it's funny a PC mag has a couple in bed on it - it's Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Do you not?, would be a better question. A young child murdered/abducted is hardly great source material.

Like this one? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109645051&postcount=4716

Child murders, youngest victim was 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Like this one? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109645051&postcount=4716

But the joke there is about the t-shirt and it having murderers on it. Your joke was specifically about children dying. There is a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

I'm surprised this still has to be explained to you - the essence of your joke is that one mother has lost more children than the other, the essence of that joke is that someone got screwed buying a "Westlife" t-shirt. There is a big difference between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I'm surprised this still has to be explained to you - the essence of your joke is that one mother has lost more children than the other, the essence of that joke is that someone got screwed buying a "Westlife" t-shirt. There is a big difference between the two.

smallfaraway.jpg

live up to your user name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West

I'm well aware who Fred West is thanks - you might want to read my post again before trying to be a smartarse....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's a place where there's believed to be a lot of hidden treasure

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island_mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

What am I not getting in the "May heads to Strasbourg" thing?

Thanks in advance:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

scotchy wrote: »
    What am I not getting in the "May heads to Strasbourg" thing?

Thanks in advance:o

Behind bars, maybe...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's a C64 , power connector would be hidden from view on it's right hand side. :P

That said the cable you can see is for the tape recorder, and there's nothing connected to the TV output. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's a place where there's believed to be a lot of hidden treasure

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island_mystery

Ok. So why funny? Should I have heard of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,622 ✭✭✭✭josip

It's a reality TV show where absolutely nothing happens.
    The show is about finding buried pirate treasure, so the skeleton is probably another angle on the joke.

I've seen 2 episodes and I'm never getting those 120 mins back.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island_mystery

Jesus, looking for the above wiki link, Google is suggesting "Oak Island season 6"
    I find it hard to believe they made 1 series out of it, but 6 :eek: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The story is famous-ish. I heard of it years ago.
    The TV show is mainly what they are referring to in this.

I think it is on it's 6th season on TV. Two brothers who were intrigued by the story, and were able to try and solve the mystery by buying parts of the island have been hunting/mining/solving clues for it.
    5 or 6 years now and they still haven't found anything of note, but each episode or every few episodes they uncover something that looks like they are a little bit closer to finding the treasure, so we watch a bit more...

Not hilarious, but if you have been watching you empathise with the skeleton. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

fritzelly wrote: »
    Behind bars, maybe...

That cant be it, Can it ?

Who is the guy in the bottom pic?

:confused:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭wally79

He is from the Netflix documentary Fyre

He was one of the organisers and I don’t know how to put a spoiler tag So won’t say any more

I'm guessing it's the promise of amazing things etc.. but when it happens, it's shyte, likt Fyre Festival organisers promised.
    Fyre
    Although I don't think it was Theresa May that convinced people to vote for Brexit, but she's the one dealing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭wally79

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's the promise of amazing things etc.. but when it happens, it's shyte, likt Fyre Festival organisers promised.
    Fyre
    Although I don't think it was Theresa May that convinced people to vote for Brexit, but she's the one dealing with it.

Not quite

Your username is relevant here

wally79 wrote: »
    Not quite
    Your username is relevant here
    He's telling her to? :confused:

McDermotX wrote: »
    Da Brits.

What's the lad in the wine tracksuit bottoms doing? https://youtu.be/OhKcw27Hf7I?t=96

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can't remember the exact details, but the guy from the Fyre documentary was willing to have oral sex with another guy to resolve an issue with the setup of the festival.

Advertisement