Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

0lddog wrote: »
    I use Kirsty Young era Desert Island Discs podcasts for similar :)

Is that music?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Autosport wrote: »
    I didn't mean it in a bad way, I meant temptation is all around and now you have to cook for me ;)

I can be tempted! I think.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

BBFAN wrote: »
    Is that music?

Kind of, program format is an interviewer and a Guest.

Soft interview interleaved with playing the guests selection of 8 records they would take when being castaway alone on a Desert Island.

Program start in the 50's (?) on The Home Service, was moved to Radio 4 when the Beeb radio stations were reorganised

Huge back catalogue : https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qnmr/episodes/a-z/a

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

0lddog wrote: »
    Kind of, program format is an interviewer and a Guest.

Soft interview interleaved with playing the guests selection of 8 records they would take when being castaway alone on a Desert Island.

Program start in the 50's (?) on The Home Service, was moved to Radio 4 when the Beeb radio stations were reorganised

Huge back catalogue : https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qnmr/episodes/a-z/a

There's also supposed to be a one who tells travel interviews that send you to sleep but you have to pay for them.

Feck that, YouTube good enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

All packed and ready to head for dreamland. Goodnight earthlings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed happy and content. Did a grocery shop today. First full one since before Xmas. Productive adulting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

In bed happy and content. Did a grocery shop today. First full one since before Xmas. Productive adulting

Intriguing! Tell more!

gozunda wrote: »
    Intriguing! Tell more!
    Bought fruit and veg and hardly any treats

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Bought fruit and veg and hardly any treats

Phew - just thought I might have been something more shades of grey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

abed, getting warm, listening to the wild wind off the ocean.

Cats are fed....and home has been called and sorted so a day ahead now.

Solitude is great. For some! For me, a way of life.. happy so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Heading out for a run before work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

6:55 and all is well, home chores done, getting breakfast before I head off.
    Had a headache when I got up first, it's gone now though thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Morning.. Had my lie in :D I was up the first time at 6:15am because I thought it was later, started the boys water anyway then got back into bed... I've been snoozing the alarm for 20 minutes.. and he's done now. Nurse arriving at 8:30 so I'm not on breakfast duty, I'm off to the gym.
    It's Strength and conditioning class this morning, it'll be the boss mans class so I expect to be done coming out. He's a fecker for adding more weights, I had the pleasure 2 weeks ago of finishing the class without breaking a sweat and laughing about it. Dumb fool, I'm on his radar now, his challenge now is to break me but I'm stubborn enough to say bring it on .... :D:D

That reminds me of a song, I'd be surprised if anyone knows it

Up on Catstye Cam, I know where I am
    I’m in heaven, I’m a satisfied man
    Got my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground
    I’m only lonely when there’s people around
    Dollywagon, you’re still my favourite girl
    But on Catstye Cam I’m at peace with the world

A perfect assessment. But I have realised that the line I have bolded is no longer true of me! I love folk; when I could still get out so enjoyed the Lunch Club.. but these days that is just an extra and not a need. and no loneliness when I am among folk... So read " on the island" for Catstye Cam!

THANK YOU! I had not realised this

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Hump Day!!!

Coalface time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Graces7 wrote: »
    A perfect assessment. But I have realised that the line I have bolded is no longer true of me! I love folk; when I could still get out so enjoyed the Lunch Club.. but these days that is just an extra and not a need. and no loneliness when I am among folk... So read " on the island" for Catstye Cam!

THANK YOU! I had not realised this

Here's a link to the full lyrics - you might like Graces

https://www.mickeyjupp.se/lyrics/catstye_cam_lyric.htm

Seven Worlds will Collide

keeping warm, waiting to see if the post gets over as I am expecting a large box of yarn for a sizable order...meanwhile knitting new wash and dishcloths in cotton and watching youtube... life is good!i

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

While I was leaving the house to accompany the missus to an appointment I met the postman who had a parcel for me!. Thanks for the early birthday stuff lil sis :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Coolock (#3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Breakfast had and treatments done, dishwasher emptied, wet clothes hung up and dry clothes put away. Sat on my bed after a shower now, I even shaved my legs. I'm on a roll today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just had a lovely day. Chinese New Year here so bf had day off. I got a massage, then we wandered around shops for a while had lunch at one of my favorite places, then a few beers including checking out a bar that has 250 different beers. We tried to go for a drink on the helipad bar but rain prevented play. Just home from a lovely Arabic dinner

About to shower and snuggle up for the evening. There may be games of Rummikub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

How about a game of tummyrub?
    In Glennons sawmill struggling to get what I want, even though they told me they had it and it was ordered last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Started work at the crack of dawn and will be able to finish for the day soon. I just need my arse to kick in to gear and to do something useful with myself. There is a bunch of stuff needs doing, friends to contact, playstation to play...but severely lacking motivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hitting a post lunch slump at work.

In work had a serious dilemma. Had to choose between having my nails done or a hot stone massage. Chose nails because they needed it most. The girl who did them was so lovely, but she didn’t cap them and she left gaps between nail and free edge. She did not cap! I look down on my nails and they look a bit gross and unfinished, and they’ll chip easier too because - well that’s why we cap. I actually had anxiety watching her do them. I couldn’t say anything because I had already done my cuticles and filed them because I don’t like the electric drill on my nails and prefer to do my own shape so she’d have thought I was a full on fruitcake if I started to tell her to cap them.

But, I am not happy. I feel awful about going back in because I know she’ll be in trouble.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I hate when my nails aren't capped.

Hate it too boo. Bap, I was in dunnes last night and they have all these jars of bar chocolate spread. I got a double decker one and as I was picking it up I said to myself, I’ll have to tell bap! It’s on special offer too!!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was in Dunnes at the weekend and seen loads as well....and didn't buy any! I'll have to come over to try your double decker.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was in Dunnes at the weekend and seen loads as well....and didn't buy any! I'll have to come over to try your double decker.

I’ll make the pancakes you bring the insulin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Shopping for meat and goodies. Then heading home to a toasty house for grub.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement