Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

We're grand, we put one of those boost timers on the immersion.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Be careful what you ask for Sephers.. I could be at yours within 10 mins. ��

I've started the count down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Aska wrote: »
    Ohh no doubt they are, awful bloody place to be stationed, but they could liven things up abit but checking for tax on the cars and trucks the odd time
    They do on occasion and a lot of the time afaik they’re there doing overtime posted there as opposed to being permanently stationed there.

Just out of the cinema. Watched the escape room. Hated it. Should have went to see how to train your dragon but it wasn’t my turn to choose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

They do on occasion and a lot of the time afaik they’re there doing overtime posted there as opposed to being permanently stationed there.

I've a mate a Guard who spent months sitting in a potocabin outside a Minister's house "minding" him, feck all happening, he maintains it was the worst job he ever had to do, boring as hell but the money was great :D

GoneHome wrote: »
    I've a mate a Guard who spent months sitting in a potocabin outside a Minister's house "minding" him, feck all happening, he maintains it was the worst job he ever had to do, boring as hell but the money was great :D

Apparently good for naps too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Or reading books or newspapers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

it be alrite and a elctric heater on the floor between your legs,snooze away and nice dollars come payday :)

Yes he mentioned that too :D

Yes he mentioned that too :D

good job he was,nt outside the white house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just out of the cinema. Watched the escape room. Hated it. Should have went to see how to train your dragon but it wasn’t my turn to choose

Going to see that tomorrow night, Is it scary though? I don’t do scary movies :(

Bedside

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Going to see that tomorrow night, Is it scary though? I don’t do scary movies :(

Bedside

There’s jumpy bits for sure but it’s not too bad. More sadistic than scary. Wouldn’t recommend!

Trying to decide if I want curry chips or not

There’s jumpy bits for sure but it’s not too bad. More sadistic than scary. Wouldn’t recommend!

Trying to decide if I want curry chips or not

Ahhh sadistic sounds good to me :D

Get the chips ;)

I am fuming. I have 3 personal bank accounts. I have one that my bills come out of, so like iTunes, phone bill, sky, bins, insurance and whatever else. ANYTIME I transfer money into it, there’s always huge chunks taken out of it. This week alone I had sky take unauthorized payments and yesterday I transferred 100 euro to pay a bill tomorrow, and when I just checked my account there’s €70 in it. I know what’s due to come out, and always have money in it to pay bills on time so I don’t understand where these random transactions are coming from. I am going to cancel all my POS details and set up DDs and I swear to god if anyone so much as comes near me before the due date I’ll burn their office down.*

(*I won’t)

I know people think I’m paranoid having one acc for bills, one for current (withdrawing/paying by card) and one for savings even tho that’s current too but if I had all these things coming out of my regular account I genuinely wouldn’t notice this happening.

I just feel like shutting the account down and paying everything with a paper trail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

In bed listening to a sweet jam.

You need to check out those transactions that you didn't give permission for, that's not right, maybe you account has been hacked in some way

You need to check out those transactions that you didn't give permission for, that's not right, maybe you account has been hacked in some way
    Apparently when I agreed to pay sky they asked if they could save my card details to pay like that, and I said fine. That means that they can go into my account whenever and withdraw. My package is 22 euro a month, yet they charged me 49.50 on the 8th Jan and 49.50 on the 29th of Jan. When I called them up they were like oh we can credit it back to your account on sky, I insisted I wanted it back in my bank account and they refunded me 21 euro!!!

Now there’s another 30 euro gone walk about and it’s too early to see what it is on my online banking.

In my car, fuminggg

Apparently when I agreed to pay sky they asked if they could save my card details to pay like that, and I said fine. That means that they can go into my account whenever and withdraw. My package is 22 euro a month, yet they charged me 49.50 on the 8th Jan and 49.50 on the 29th of Jan. When I called them up they were like oh we can credit it back to your account on sky, I insisted I wanted it back in my bank account and they refunded me 21 euro!!!

Now there’s another 30 euro gone walk about and it’s too early to see what it is on my online banking.

In my car, fuminggg

would,nt give sky the skin off my nose,rip off,s.plenty of ways and means to watch tv nowadays ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Im back in the hostel after a fun weekend in Manchester- Mad for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Watching the cow shed camera at the minute, another birth on the way.
    Could be a long night, but this an older lady than this morning, so might not have to leave the bed if all goes well.
    The next month will be like this for me/us, thankful now that there's no booze in the system.

Edward M wrote: »
    Watching the cow shed camera at the minute, another birth on the way.
    Could be a long night, but this an older lady than this morning, so might not have to leave the bed if all goes well.
    The next month will be like this for me/us, thankful now that there's no booze in the system.

How big was the baby this morning? We had a teen cow pregnancy one year, the hussy!, and her baby was so small that 12 year old me could pick her up and carry her across the field to my dad. (Simmental) we named her fairy, she was smaller than a dog. She was so cute though. She never grew tall but was extra wide.

I would love your life tonight Edward. I’d be so excited. There is no better feeling than a brand new cold wet nose nuzzling your hand, while their mommy licks them all over, their little bandy legs trying to stand for the first time and the curls still wet on their forehead.

Is the cow calving tonight placid or protective? We had a charolias who was a lunatic with a new calf. My dad would have to go get the calf from the field in the Jeep and she would headbutt the Jeep the whole way back to the farmyard.
    We had an angus then (my mamma cow!) who thought I was her calf, and when she was calving she would only let me in near her, would chase my dad out. He hated me going in because he said she was unpredictable but she wasn’t. She’d be there having the calf and I’d be sitting in the trough telling her she was a good girl :D i used to get to help the baby find her boob for the first feed and hand milk the left over beastings for the freezer for emergencies. My dad would be much quicker hand milking her but she wouldn’t let him. https://ibb.co/S6gC3f0
    https://ibb.co/4JHM7ZW
    These were the last two born on the farm. And this was my mama cow
    https://ibb.co/mNK7LbR
    https://ibb.co/thJxNMs
    https://ibb.co/tC5ctKG

She’s eating biscuits from my mouth :D don’t even care if that’s weird!

Anyway, I’m in bed. Thinking about how I must have had the best childhood ever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside, sleepy :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hotel time, just gorged on smoked salmon for breakfast, so glad that my vegetarian month is over:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lying in bed, tired but unable to fall asleep. Coming down with yet another bloody cold...:(:mad:

Have to be up at 7.45 - woe is me. I’m very very tempted to call in sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

A normal healthy calf shoes, and another about 3 hrs ago, all is well. Two male red limousins.
    I hadn't to attend the birth this time, all went well.
    Heading to work, have a bit of travelling to do this morning, going to Mullingar with a shed to erect.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

snug abed listening to the wind and pondering the day ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Contented after a plate of boxty and​ a weekend of indulgence. Health kick is starting next week, I promise! :p

It's such a shame the weekends are so short.

mine last seven days;)

Deskside.. So tired.

Morning all :)

Bedside thinking of reasons to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Nice new sig. Auto :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Under auto's window serenading her with song :3

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Bedside thinking of reasons to stay

Maybe if I serenade you with my singing you'll stay

Oh auto won't you stay another day, don't leave me alone like this , can t you see I can't take the pain, oh auto you stay another daaayyy!

😀

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement