Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Oh won't you stay just a little longer

Now the promoter don't mind
    And the union don't mind
    If we take a little time
    And we leave it all behind and sing
    One more song

Oh won't you stay
    Just a little bit longer
    Please please please, say you will
    Say you will

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Persepoly wrote: »
    Once upon a time in a land filled will beautiful dresses and beautiful shoes there lived a lovely lady. This lady lived in a house that smelt of lavender and honeysuckle and was full to the brim of fluffy bouncing dogs. Life however was sometimes difficult because in a neighbouring land there lived a coven of wicked witches. These witches were jealous of our lady with the honeysuckle house and fluffy bouncing dogs.
    They liked to cast spells and use voodoo magic to create upset and discomfort.

The lovely lady was angry. She had enough and decided it was time to fight back. Alas she had no spells or voodoo magic at her disposal. So she decided to seek counsel from the old wise Persepoly Godmother. "Please Persepoly Godmother what can I do to stem the tide of tricksy mischief? How do I stand strong against such malevolence".

Persepoly Godmother knew a thing or two about such predicaments.
    "Honeysuckle lady you must grow love in your heart everyday. Cuddle your doggies. Work hard. Keep your house and your mind beautiful. That is the best piece of magic you can do in order to keep the nasty witches away. For they wither in the face of contentment and joy".

The lovely lady suddenly filled with stars and the sun bounced off her skin. She did exactly what the wise old woman to her to do and the coven of wickedness slinked away in to their holes of darkness never to be heard of again.

:D

Feeling victimised. Not all us Witches are bit*hes. :(

On my sofa after a busy day, waiting to start work. Went to court to try sort out getting paid for my old apartment deposit, have to go back to court on the 15th of Feb. Then went to the doc for a check up - bloods, breast check, smear. Feel meh now and just want to sleep but work starts in half an hour and have a few hours of testing to do. Ugh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm at home, buying so many cakes and nice things at the shops yesterday was a bad idea.
    Fat boy gonna eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

College, tired after staying up to watch the football last night. Went for a meeting about my final year project, and I can’t tell if it helped or if I’m more confused

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Loving the singing :D

Now breaktime :)

• Advertisement

I'm off on a bit of a road trip shortly - assuming my car starts :pac:

Glad to be rid of the loaner I had, black outside black inside, I felt like an undertaker driving it.

Because I quoted a few lines of a song above the soundtrack will have to be Running on Empty by Jackson Browne :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Work. Tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I am fuming. I have 3 personal bank accounts. I have one that my bills come out of, so like iTunes, phone bill, sky, bins, insurance and whatever else. ANYTIME I transfer money into it, there’s always huge chunks taken out of it. This week alone I had sky take unauthorized payments and yesterday I transferred 100 euro to pay a bill tomorrow, and when I just checked my account there’s €70 in it. I know what’s due to come out, and always have money in it to pay bills on time so I don’t understand where these random transactions are coming from. I am going to cancel all my POS details and set up DDs and I swear to god if anyone so much as comes near me before the due date I’ll burn their office down.*

(*I won’t)

I know people think I’m paranoid having one acc for bills, one for current (withdrawing/paying by card) and one for savings even tho that’s current too but if I had all these things coming out of my regular account I genuinely wouldn’t notice this happening.

I just feel like shutting the account down and paying everything with a paper trail.

The mattress doesn't bill me charges or send me statements ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

(Now knows where to go when I visit Harry’s gaff!)

I’m in bed. Took solpodol last night and still feel high as a kite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

At the airport heading back after the nicest weekend. Wasn't looking forward to the travelling at the time, but I never feel so refreshed than after spending some time back home.

Mammy Fluff has never met any of my friends / colleagues abroad, but she's heard about them enough, and sent me off with some homemade Mammy baking and almost tackled me to the ground to give me €50 to bring back some Irish nice chocolates / shortbread / tea, etc. to them (after a lot of: "Ah, I won't take it"; "You will!" :).

At the airport, buying out a lot of its stock. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Lying on my bed after a shower. I should be getting ready or I'll be late but sure what else am I doing but procrastinating :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside after a great morning's work in the garden, got a load of tidying-up done, beautiful Spring-like day out there, still a bit of a nip in the air but lovely and fresh, relaxing now for the evening catching up on a bit of reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm at home, buying so many cakes and nice things at the shops yesterday was a bad idea.
    Fat boy gonna eat!

I'll help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

GoneHome wrote: »
    Fireside after a great morning's work in the garden, got a load of tidying-up done, beautiful Spring-like day out there, still a bit of a nip in the air but lovely and fresh, relaxing now for the evening catching up on a bit of reading.

It is really lovely. Went my short walk early today, followed by 4 of the cats and it really was idyllic. My outdoor bulbs are budding and pushing upwards. And I still have a marigold in flower ... just a joy of a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

GoneHome wrote: »

Same here. With snowdrops and daffodils already in flower, magnolia buds swelling and primroses about to flower there's a real sense of Spring in the garden today. The fire is set and about to be lit, while I get some reading done too.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Balbriggan (#1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Coming back from the butchers my tea in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Pizza night and a nice pint of Hawkshead Lakeland gold to wash it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Half watching Nuacht

After my Jackson Browne accompanied spin today these lines are stuck in my head:

No matter where I am
    I can't help thinking
    I'm just a day away
    From where I want to be

Kitchen tableside contemplation with Barrys tay and home made brownies - the snack of champions :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Car, eating an orange before I go to the gym

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

On the couch all day like a boiled sh1te. Nothing done. Threw on a wash about ten mins ago and had my breakfast, a bowl of custard, there too. Took solopdol last night and I’m shook all day. How the hell do people get addicted to codeine? It’s either a sh1t buzz or I’m sensitive to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Home at last, a long hard day today, I'm wrecked after the last couple of nights without my full sleep. I can't blame drink anyway, so maybe it's not my problem at all. :D
    Dinner is ready at least and being dished up for me today.
    Homechores to do then feet up for the Liverpool match if I can stay awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On the couch all day like a boiled sh1te. Nothing done. Threw on a wash about ten mins ago and had my breakfast, a bowl of custard, there too. Took solopdol last night and I’m shook all day. How the hell do people get addicted to codeine? It’s either a sh1t buzz or I’m sensitive to it.

I can't take codeine at all. Get the shakes and serious insomnia.

In bed, it's almost 3. Football starts at 4 so was trying to stay awake. Fell asleep half way through an old Malay classic movie. Now bf thinks I don't appreciate his culture but am just wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitchen , home made chicken curry and chips about to be dished up :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off to work, what else?. The lake is calm and still reflecting lights like a mirror, hope my friend is out with his drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Home with the wine open already cause it was a ****ty day. Went even worse than I expected with the lady in question sobbing in the end.

All I could was explain that I was following orders and I was really sorry she was upset. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

BBFAN wrote: »
    Home with the wine open already cause it was a ****ty day. Went even worse than I expected with the lady in question sobbing in the end.

All I could was explain that I was following orders and I was really sorry she was upset. :mad:

That was horrible , for you both BBF :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Home in my own house. Fluffy socks, PJs and fluffy jumper on, Couchside, dinner in me, newest qi on YouTube. Heaven.

• Advertisement

BBFAN wrote: »

Aaaw BBFAN that's awful. I made someone cry in work 20 years ago (it was unintentional and she was under pressures I had no idea of at the time and I ploughed in on top with a demand I'd been asked to make of her) but I STILL remember it and how horrible I felt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement