Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Heard the Euromillions was won in Ireland. Checked my ticket with a shaking hand. It wasn't me. Not that 175 million would change my life anyway. I'd still shop in Lidl and Iceland. Would I fook!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Heard the Euromillions was won in Ireland. Checked my ticket with a shaking hand. It wasn't me. Not that 175 million would change my life anyway. I'd still shop in Lidl and Iceland. Would I fook!:D

Wasn't me either, back to the humdrum life again.

It was nice to dream of the win for the few minutes though.

• Grandeeod wrote: »

Oh christ.. It could be me 😂

Home, cooked grub for the troops and their "oul dolls", had 2 pints and a glass.. Badly needed, don't have to be in work until 1ish,very bold on a work night but genuinely took the brunt of a lot of crap today and "je regret rien".. Anyway I had my own little lotto win tonight, tried on an ancient jacket, didn't end up wearing it but 2 crispy 50e notes in the pocket, now I have a habit of stashing cash and forgetting about it, I'm going to search every pocket over the weekend (I'm a massive clothes hoarder).. I'm going to de clutter my wardrobes, watch this (drunkie) space lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    BC023EEFA6C69EE134757249F69F0952D74158A3

Bayern are a great team (Shakes head). You said you were watching the footie :)

I am more of a Dortmund fan ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Kye Fat Yardstick

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    They will forever remind me of my granny, she used to always have them at her house. That or Madeira cake
    Ok lads you got me. I’m just shy of my 80th birthday. Love a good gateaux log, stewed apples and semolina. Only lying about my age

• Advertisement

Ok lads you got me. I’m just shy of my 80th birthday. Love a good gateaux log, stewed apples and semolina. Only lying about my age

And I’m your sister :D love semolina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Autosport wrote: »
    Bayern are a great team (Shakes head). You said you were watching the footie :)

I am more of a Dortmund fan ;)

Good woman, My missus is from Dortmund and would be very pleased with you :D

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Good woman, My missus is from Dortmund and would be very pleased with you :D

Beautiful part of the country, love the contrast between the new part and old part of the city. Can’t believe it was bombed and still standing :) I lived there for a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Worked in an Irish pub there in the 90s(name fails me gone blank:o). Great city.

Finished WWTBAM, starting the grand tour

• Registered Users Posts: 21,778 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching Surviving R Kelly .
    Reading the Corporal Punishment thread .

Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself .

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »

So do I.:D Having the grub and then hittin the hay.

Evening tired brain fodder, nothing else. If it was intellectual you wouldn't bother.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    So do I.:D Having the grub and then hittin the hay.

Glad I'm not the only one :D
    Enjoy G , and sleep well !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Apologies if you think I'm just being nosey , but are you ok with that ?
    Sometimes a diagnoses of X,Y or Z , can make sense of other things in ourselves .
    Not worded great , sorry :(

Yes, it makes a lot of sense, my poor social interaction etc.

Glad I'm not the only one :D
    Enjoy G , and sleep well !

Still feeling damp! Can't wait to crawl under the electric blanket. So glad I'm not out again tomorrow.:)

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Yes, it makes a lot of sense, my poor social interaction etc.

Thanks for answering , I hope it isn't too much to try get your head around, and I hope your psychologist can help you with some tools/techniques to make things a little easier in day to day life for you .

Evening tired brain fodder, nothing else. If it was intellectual you wouldn't bother.

Ah no Kevin , I love these programmes , trying to see what makes people act as they do , and get away for so long doing it .
    Just one of those nights where it hits home that's all.

I blame the moon effect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Thanks for answering , I hope it isn't too much to try get your head around, and I hope your psychologist can help you with some tools/techniques to make things a little easier in day to day life for you .

Because of my age, 39, I've learned and adapted by now by default. It is largely understanding it that will allow me make changes to make my life easier and reduce the anxiety

Good night all. I'm watching everyone with my tools of my trade.:D

ts-cinema-vs-photography-lenses.jpg?itok=SyDFM-3w

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Because of my age, 39, I've learned and adapted by now by default. It is largely understanding it that will allow me make changes to make my life easier and reduce the anxiety

That's great , I wish you all the best in lessening the anxiety :)

• Advertisement

Bedtime !
    Sleep well all , but with one eye open keeping look out for Grandeoods camera ;)

Gnight Mam. Hope it's out before you hit it!

Chongqing is some city.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams mam

Bedside
    Oh christ.. It could be me ��

Home, cooked grub for the troops and their "oul dolls", had 2 pints and a glass.. Badly needed, don't have to be in work until 1ish,very bold on a work night but genuinely took the brunt of a lot of crap today and "je regret rien".. Anyway I had my own little lotto win tonight, tried on an ancient jacket, didn't end up wearing it but 2 crispy 50e notes in the pocket, now I have a habit of stashing cash and forgetting about it, I'm going to search every pocket over the weekend (I'm a massive clothes hoarder).. I'm going to de clutter my wardrobes, watch this (drunkie) space lol.

Pints are on DD :3

Home from work!
    I didn't win the lotto.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Kye Fat Yardstick

I didn’t win either though I’m convinced I will even though I never do it.

Lying in bed trying to ignore the pain in my chest. I think it’s just from my breathing being off. Trying to resist a Valium or three because I’ve to be on the ball first thing.

Watching dirty John on Netflix. I am traumatized at it. Can’t even cope

bubblypop wrote: »
    Home from work!

I'd much prefer a nice soft pillow!

bubblypop wrote: »
    Home from work!

Me either. Sigh.
    Hotelside.

Still on the work trails.
    Pros: room service, company credit card/car and that hotel room feeling - there's so little to do in the hotel bubble you get that feeling that "life" (aka ironing/tidying/getting the rubbish out/the laundry done) is as under control as possible.
    Cons: after a few days get lonely, miss my bed/kettle/peeps/laughs, and miss the general mundane and grounding distractions of life outside hotels/Netflix/Boards

Long weekend and FUN coming up soon though. woohoo. NYC please don't disappoint with an ice or snowstorm. Need some real life lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I fell asleep around 9ish, and just woke up. I've to be out the door around 7.30. Wide awake. I've a 4 pack of Archway downstairs, instead of staring at the ceiling I'll go down and gulp them in about 15 minutes and a couple of pulls of a spliff with a xanax for good measure and I'll be back in the land of nod within the hour please god

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sitting in the Gleneagles Hospital in KL waiting to see the triage nurse. Went to my doctor about a cough I haven't been able to get rid of since December. Finished a second course of antibiotics yesterday and have pain in my shoulder coming from my lungs so doc sent me to a&e.

Have to work in a few hours so hope am not kept in.

Stressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My mutt got taken for his morning walk around 6am by "his" maid, they came back about an hour later and she fed him. I was awake but still in bed, so knowing that he would come back to the room I pretended to be asleep, in he came, laid down on his own bed for about 30 seconds then launched himself onto my bed, crawled up and put his snout under my arm to push me outta bed, he was so excited, a new day and i was at home and he intended to enjoy it.

So here we are, on the balcony enjoying a Nespresso before it gets cold.

It's a dogs life :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement