Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf society Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links Feb 23th 12.00pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Chipping and putting green, with two hitting nets

So would Kinsealy be the closest range to the place, if you wanted to hit a small bucket of full length shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

So would Kinsealy be the closest range to the place, if you wanted to hit a small bucket of full length shots?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Another close enough to Portmarnock is the Halpenny Driving Range at the entrance to Dublin Airport. You can hit off turf or mats and also has putting and chipping greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

benny79 wrote: »
    Right Folks we seem to have a bit of a issue as I was doing the timesheet out I noticed 29 have accepted on teamer but we only have 28 slots!

So before I have to let someone down can I just please ask that you are all committed to going Saturday 100% and if you are unsure please could you unaccept on teamer and let us know by PM.

As I would hate to have to inform someone that I have no room for them and for someone not to show on the day as you can imagine!

I will leave it to Wednesday afternoon and hopefully it works itself out.

Regards

Benny.

Have sent pm and declined on teamer, hope to see all at next outing, am sure you will enjoy your day on a great course

I'm going to have to do a last minute drop out myself now lads.

Just got a shout from Club Captain to say that our team jumped up the leaderboard on the final weekend & picked up the last automatic qualifier spot for the Winter League final on Saturday.

Its matchplay & the first real major of the year. I've never actually been on a team that qualified for it, so think I'll have to play at home instead.

Am gutted that they're clashing, was really looking forward to getting out to Portmarnock & seeing all the crew. Its a class course & should be a great day (plus a bit of links practice before St Andrews would have been a major bonus).

Will change my status on Teamer to declined to confirm it on the system. Sorry for the late notice Captain, will have to catch you at the next outing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Can go for sure so will you put me in spaces space please
    Will accept again on teamer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

Can go for sure so will you put me in spaces space please
    Will accept again on teamer

Will Do.. Time sheet is full now will be posted shortly

Boards Golf Society
    Portmarnock Timesheet
    Saturday 23rd February 2019

Time Player1 Player2 Player3 Player4

12:00 The Big Easy CharlieIRL Slave1 Princess Poppy

12:10 gypsy79 Rainbow Warrior SEORG Offaly Medic

12:20 Asimo1 Woodyg Ballyman OS Head

12:30 pakman newindublin TheChamp26 Golfhead65

12:40 tigerwood1 Brian Rossiter Break80 kennethrhcp

12:50 Macker1 Roadrunner Kilth Alamm

13:00 Benny79 doublecross GolfGraffix a post punk

We are off the whites for this one folks!

Hole 4 is Longest Drive & Hole 11 is Nearest the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Boards Golf Society
    Portmarnock Timesheet

Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
    12:00 The Big Easy charlieIRL slave1 Princess Poppy
    12:10 gypsy79 Rainbow Warrior SEORG OffalyMedic

Great stuff, I'll be there about 11ish for a bit of brekkie and introductions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone played the course recently? How's it holding up? If it's as windy as it was last Sunday, it'll be a bloody nightmare to play i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone played the course recently? How's it holding up? If it's as windy as it was last Sunday, it'll be a bloody nightmare to play i'd say.

Its playing quite easy at the moment, there is no real rough to speak of. The course is 125 yards short due to the 13th green being under construction.

Saturday will be a bit windy, with gusts up to 51 km/h but no rain forecast as of today.

http://portmarnocklinksmembers.com/weather/

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Should be a good day on the links....

Are there changing rooms/showers available on the day?

SEORG wrote: »

Yes and food if you want

Its playing quite easy at the moment, there is no real rough to speak of. The course is 125 yards short due to the 13th green being under construction.

Saturday will be a bit windy, with gusts up to 51 km/h but no rain forecast as of today.

Played in November. Agree very little rough to speak of on some holes. You could get away with murder.

I think it was the sixth I had the least deserved bogie ever. Wild slice of the tee. Hooked two hybrid from the wrong fairway. Somehow found easily it on top of a hill, followed up with massively mi**** wedge, then a jigger out of the rough for a tap in bogey. I felt so embarrased
    SEORG wrote: »

Class showers and changing facilities with towels provided. What you would expect of a top 20 ranked course

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Don’t let the low rough fool you, it’s still a tough course!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Don’t let the low rough fool you, it’s still a tough course!

Don’t get me wrong. I only had 22 points!! Putting it down to bad day!!

The greens were very tricky. Considering my home course was running at 10 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

looking forward to this. 25kmh wind from the south is going to make for some interesting 2nd shots!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

woodyg wrote: »
    looking forward to this. 25kmh wind from the south is going to make for some interesting 2nd shots!

2nd shots... lets not get ahead of ourselves now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

2nd shots... lets not get ahead of ourselves now :)

i was talking about off the tee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Met Eireann now is forecasting the wind to start to calm a little around tee times and throughout the afternoon, but now also forecasting some possible rain to start then.

• Advertisement

Met Eireann now is forecasting the wind to start to calm a little around tee times and throughout the afternoon, but now also forecasting some possible rain to start then.

This is the weather station on site. Looks like small bit of rain.

This is the weather station on site. Looks like small bit of rain.

A calm day on the links so !

Boards Golf Society
    Portmarnock Timesheet

Time Player1 Player2 Player3 Player4

12:00 Offaly Medic CharlieIRL Slave1 Princess Poppy

12:10 gypsy79 Rainbow Warrior SEORG The Big Easy

We are off the whites for this one folks!

Hole 4 is Longest Drive & Hole 11 is Nearest the pin.

Final Timesheet folks. Just to bump it and look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Regards

Benny

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking forward to it. Weather forecast still looks good, so can't wait to get out. Will be my first full 18 of the year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Best of luck tomorrow Benny. Great start to the new year with a great course....... happy to hand over the reigns and kick back for the year :) Let the season begin!

Best of luck tomorrow Benny. Great start to the new year with a great course....... happy to hand over the reigns and kick back for the year :) Let the season begin!

Yep, good luck tomorrow lads, wish I was going along. Have to try bring home the winter league trophy instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Good luck all tomorrow.
    Sorry I wont be there, enjoy the links it’s a belter of a course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Today in Portmarnock, in glorious sunshine, on the 14th approaching the green I believe. Excellent course, beautiful day.
    473876.jpg

Really enjoyed the day at Portmarnock Links, with newindublin, pakman and the champ,..Great course and company

• Advertisement

Great day out. Unfortunately will be away next one. But already booked hotel down hotel way for European

Advertisement