Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Glad you got sorted, best of luck.

Just off the back of a few hot drops that did not go well.
    An enemy Lifeline and I having a fistfight in a building covered in ammo but no guns. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭eggy81

You can fire your zip line at other players and drag them out of cover towards you too. As I found out while try to throw a grenade I picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They crafting metal / Legend points system thing needs an overhaul.
    Rarely have enough crafting metal to unlock anything, especially considering the highest Epics are 1200 metal.

Someone on Forbes bought $100 worth of boxes, and ended up with only 1600 metal, enough for 1 epic.

I Opened 100 'Apex Legends' Loot Boxes And What I Got Was Disappointing
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/02/06/i-opened-100-apex-legends-loot-boxes-and-what-i-got-was-disappointing/
    Here’s the full breakdown of what I got:

Weapon Skins (100): Common (24), Rare (66), Epic (8), Legendary (2)

Hero Skins (47): Common (5), Rare (35), Epic (4), Legendary (2)

Banner Poses (13): Rare (10), Epic (3)

Banner Frames (14): Common (3), Rare (9), Legendary (2)

Stat Trackers (25): Common (17), Rare (8)

Intro Quips (15): Common (10), Rare (5)

Kill Quips (30): Common (30)

Finishers (1): Legendary (1)

Crafting Materials (54): Common (39), Rare (11), Epic (4), Total ~1,600 materials

So, a few things to notice here. It’s not a huge total overall because unlike other games, you’re only getting three items per box, which is on the low side of loot boxes generally, which kinds of offsets the lack of dupes a bit since you’re just getting 25% less stuff overall.

We spent $100 on Apex Legends loot boxes, but you shouldn’t

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/12/18220803/apex-legends-loot-box-economy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

It's only all cosmetics tho. So why bother buying any?

Wait for the season pass. No loot box system is ever any goods imo .

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They crafting metal / Legend points system thing needs an overhaul.
    Rarely have enough crafting metal to unlock anything, especially considering the highest Epics are 1200 metal.

Someone on Forbes bought $100 worth of boxes, and ended up with only 1600 metal, enough for 1 epic.

I Opened 100 'Apex Legends' Loot Boxes And What I Got Was Disappointing
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/02/06/i-opened-100-apex-legends-loot-boxes-and-what-i-got-was-disappointing/

We spent $100 on Apex Legends loot boxes, but you shouldn’t

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/12/18220803/apex-legends-loot-box-economy
    Don't need a reporter to tell me that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I dont see what the big deal is, just play and unlock the cosmetics you like most. Gives you something to aim towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Been a few levels now without a chest, do they stop entirely at level 50? :(:mad::confused:

EDIT: ah, every 5 levels after level 50 :(

killanena wrote: »
    I dont see what the big deal is, just play and unlock the cosmetics you like most. Gives you something to aim towards.

The problem. is you can't.
    Example.... I want a certain skin for a char or gun... Legendary is 1200 metal.
    .I get a loot box every 2nd level or something.... however I'm not even guaranteed any metal from that... and it's the only way to get metal.

Those people spent 100 dollars...which is 100 crates and only got 1600 metal.... which is only enough to buy 1 Legendary skin... execution or gun skin.

So how am I meant to get say 2 legendary skins that I want without ever payin any money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

.I get a loot box every 2nd level or something.... however I'm not even guaranteed any metal from that... and it's the only way to get metal.

Those people spent 100 dollars...which is 100 crates and only got 1600 metal.... which is only enough to buy 1 Legendary skin... execution or gun skin.

So how am I meant to get say 2 legendary skins that I want without ever payin any money?

You've just found the EA in the free game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

Anyone looking for group on PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

It's out a week lol. If you could buy everything instantly people would also be complaining. Give it time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Euripides_ wrote: »
    Anyone looking for group on PC?

Get on discord: https://discord.gg/sfRsW2p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I cannot gel with this game. I'm trying to like it but I hate how the guns feel. Whenever I shoot it feels like I'm playing with a ping of 100+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Try changing your server location. The lads posted a helpful link there a few posts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Try changing your server location. The lads posted a helpful link there a few posts back.

Nah, it's just the game. I'm coming from a lot of Overwatch and BF5. This just isn't doing it for me and it doesn't feel right. I'm also annoyed at playing with randomers. I prefer to play BR solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I'm trying to like it but I hate how the guns feel. Whenever I shoot it feels like I'm playing with a ping of 100+

I dont agree. I think the guns and the gameplay is leaps and bounds ahead of PUBG, COD and Fortnite. This is for me the best BG game out at the moment. It comes alive in a squad. Have you tried to play it at all with a 3 man?

Euripides_ wrote: »
    It's out a week lol. If you could buy everything instantly people would also be complaining. Give it time :)
    How is time going to change it? Give it time and wait until you've spend 200, 500, 1000 on it and you might get enough crafting material to change the colour of your gun? It's EA's grubby little hands all over what is otherwise a fantastic game. It also has me quite worried as to how the game is going to be monetized. EA could very very likely screw this all up for Respawn. We will wait and see...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

How is time going to change it? Give it time and wait until you've spend 200, 500, 1000 on it and you might get enough crafting material to change the colour of your gun? It's EA's grubby little hands all over what is otherwise a fantastic game. It also has me quite worried as to how the game is going to be monetized. EA could very very likely screw this all up for Respawn. We will wait and see...

Only characters will be ungettable in the packs. So only them need money or the 12k champion creds. I don't see the problem. Free to play game I'm OK with money for skins, if that's how you want to spend money fine it doesn't give you an advantage, in fact some of the skins are easier to see than others

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The only things you pay for are cosmetic. The game is free and one of the best I've played in years. Find it laughable that people are giving out about EA. I'll happily buy the battle pass and still be playing a ridiculously cheap game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Find it laughable that people are giving out about EA

Why is that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dcully wrote: »
    Why is that ?

Erm, read the rest of my post? Giving out about EA for the sake of it when you could quite easily play this game for free with no disadvantage is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Do you mean EA in general or just in terms of apex?

Ofcourse people cant complain about them re Apex YET !
    But in general they deserve every bit of **** thrown at them and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Whats the story with the lttle stat cards that pop up before a match - sometimes it'll show the number of kills I got in the last match, other times its zero? and then there are other lads whose kills are up and around 2 or 3 hundred?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Whats the story with the lttle stat cards that pop up before a match - sometimes it'll show the number of kills I got in the last match, other times its zero? and then there are other lads whose kills are up and around 2 or 3 hundred?

It is the amount of kills with THAT character. If you change characters in the next match and have zero kills with them, it will show as zero. If you go back to the other character it will show the kills with that character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ZiabR wrote: »
    It is the amount of kills with THAT character. If you change characters in the next match and have zero kills with them, it will show as zero. If you go back to the other character it will show the kills with that character.

Ah that explains it, cheers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Finally got a win last night after a very enjoyable round with plenty of action. Learned that the Devotion LMG pisses through its ammo way too quickly, so probably won't bother with that again :D Have started to use my "Q" ability a lot more no matter who I'm playing as (mostly alternating between Bangalore and Lifeline) and I'm much more comfortable with the mechanics now. I've had a really busy last week or so, so I've not been able to give it the time I want and I just bought the Civ VI expansion, so who knows where I'm gonna find the time? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I got my first win last night too. I'm only rank 9, 2 people on my team were rank 20+. I was playing life line.

Throughout the game they had about 6 kills between them, I had 1 kill but at the end. Final 3 squads remaining, 1 squady got killed outright, another one got downed. I managed to kill 2 solo, get my team mate up, heal him and we went on to kill the final 3 just the 2 of us. I was shaking after it haha 

Wingman and R-99 are my favourite weapons so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Shiminay wrote: »
    Finally got a win last night after a very enjoyable round with plenty of action. Learned that the Devotion LMG pisses through its ammo way too quickly, so probably won't bother with that again :D Have started to use my "Q" ability a lot more no matter who I'm playing as (mostly alternating between Bangalore and Lifeline) and I'm much more comfortable with the mechanics now. I've had a really busy last week or so, so I've not been able to give it the time I want and I just bought the Civ VI expansion, so who knows where I'm gonna find the time? :D

Yeah the devotion is great, but the energy ammo is too sparse, majority of the time you're just scrounging for ammo. Check out the spitfire as an alternative, similar gun but only requires heavy ammo, which is easy to come by :)

Anyone else on PS4 here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No intention of buying anything (I've seen more imagination and creativity in Microsoft clip-art) but this is a skeezy way to price things...

orq2vifr2gg21.png

Advertisement