Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

People who loot your crate before respawning you are THE WORST.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

FunLover18 wrote: »

I honestly don't mind that so much, it's the people who run a mile ahead, immediately engage a 3-man squad and die instantly are hands down the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Enjoying the team play a lot more since solos showed up. Most of the glory hunters must be playing that instead as I've had nearly only great teams.

Watson needs a change though I think. The fences are a great idea in theory, but in reality are so easily seen and avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

fixxxer wrote: »
    Enjoying the team play a lot more since solos showed up. Most of the glory hunters must be playing that instead as I've had nearly only great teams.

Watson needs a change though I think. The fences are a great idea in theory, but in reality are so easily seen and avoided.

you know what? you're not wrong, played a few games sunday, and for the most part they were all solid players, sharing loot and sticking together, and even most importantly, hanging around to see if you could get the revive rather than exiting the game as soon as they die. have gotten a few friend requests from players over the last few days as well, seems like everyone would rather consistent players rather than dealing with Randoms.

FunLover18 wrote: »

TBH, if a fella is hurt or whatever, I dont mind him taking my armor or meds as its not much good having him limp to the respawn beacon and getting killed on the way, but as long as the ring isn't closing in rapidy, please don't take my guns or all my ammo, nothing worse than respawing and having to ferret out something viable from the scraps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Watsons one of the most top tiered classes, her fences are not meant to work hidden like a trap, they are a barrier for keeping people out of places. Paired with her ult, a team can fortify a building with ease which is especially useful in the final circles. If you're using her fences outside away from enclosed spaces or cliff edges, her fences are then useless.

Look at any high ranked players on twitch and you will see Watson at her best.

nix wrote: »
    Watsons one of the most top tiered classes, her fences are not meant to work hidden like a trap, they are a barrier for keeping people out of places. Paired with her ult, a team can fortify a building with ease which is especially useful in the final circles. If you're using her fences outside away from enclosed spaces or cliff edges, her fences are then useless.

Look at any high ranked players on twitch and you will see Watson at her best.

Aye, I only noticed this weekend, that her Ult recharges everyones shields - we were after taking the roof of water treatment for the final circle, and we were able to stay protected by a combination of her barrier and how her ult negates grenades etc.

New Void Walker event on Tuesday, looks good. Really looking forward to the Shotgun/Sniper mode.

Its good fun. I'm doing a lot better than i normally would.

Homelander wrote: »
    New Void Walker event on Tuesday, looks good. Really looking forward to the Shotgun/Sniper mode.

Had three games of this and went back to normal, it was an absolute sh*t show. Everyone going to the most popular spots and snipers and shotguns are too powerful if you don't have armour. I'd say combined the three games I played lasted 5 minutes, I won't be going back to it any time soon.

• Advertisement

I've been playing nothing but! It's great craic but frustrating alright.

I've been playing nothing but! It's great craic but frustrating alright.

Yeh in fairness I'd had very a long day and wasn't in the best mood. I'm still not in any hurry to try it again though.

I'm looking forward to giving it a go, if nothing else, it'll be a chance to get some practice in with snipers, I generally don't take anything thats not the g7 scout.

Interesting game mode. The snipers are actually useful with the reduced health.

Interesting game mode. The snipers are actually useful with the reduced health.

Snipers are incredible in normal games dood, especially with headshots, land a headshot and they're in instant panic and on deaths door. Except the scout, that shouldnt be classed as a sniper tbh :P

The Longbow is a beast. LB + R99 is the killer combo for me.

nix wrote: »
    Snipers are incredible in normal games dood, especially with headshots, land a headshot and they're in instant panic and on deaths door. Except the scout, that shouldnt be classed as a sniper tbh :P

Then they hide and heal. They're nice for padding damage stats. You're screwed when someone gets in your face as you've only one close range weapon. Any two of R301, R99 and peacemaker is ideal for me.

Then they hide and heal. They're nice for padding damage stats. You're screwed when someone gets in your face as you've only one close range weapon. Any two of R301, R99 and peacemaker is ideal for me.

Depends where you catch them, best in the open, but a head shot followed by a body shot is enough to drop someone usually. Play with a pathfinder and you can zip on top of them to overwhelm them.. Its all about positioning, same with close range weapons :)

Been playing the shotty snipers effort since it launched, I dunno, I kind of love it! Got the first win in it this morning. Gears 5 has launched and I can't pull myself away from apex, it's just a cracker of a game.

I've realised that Gibraltar is a good hero for shotgun and snipers. His ADS shield is really handy considering nobody else has shields.

• Advertisement

Interested to see other peoples stats? I'm terrible for often doing loads of damage without getting kills, worst was 1700 damage with 0 kills. At the moment I'm 1.68 k/d, damage average is 453 per match....highest kills is 11 and highest damage is 2,223.

Interested to see other peoples stats? I'm terrible for often doing loads of damage without getting kills, worst was 1700 damage with 0 kills. At the moment I'm 1.68 k/d, damage average is 453 per match....highest kills is 11 and highest damage is 2,223.

Don't have access to my full stats but my K/d is 0.23, I'd like to get it up to at least 0.5

I think my K/D is around 1.4, not abjectly awful I suppose. 9 wins total.

I'm confused by how my lifetime wins is higher than my lifetime top 5's. Thought my k/d would be better than that.

j4iqQbf.png

I'm confused by how my lifetime wins is higher than my lifetime top 5's. Thought my k/d would be better than that.

j4iqQbf.png

Is top 5s all the times you finished in the top 5 but didn't win?

Where is this looked up? Don't think I really want to see my stats. I'm not great at Apex Legends, but I keep playing...

Just above your character model in the lobby screen, there's a bit of text saying "My Stats"

Just above your character model in the lobby screen, there's a bit of text saying "My Stats"

Thanks. Shows how much attention I pay :rolleyes:

j4iqQbf.png

a kill is only counted if the knocked player bleeds out / is finished off.

There's a special type of rage that comes from knocking 2 squad members and then having the survivor not only kill your whole team, but then get 2 revives.

• Advertisement

The stats in game are not accurate, my highest damage and top kills in a game are much lower than what ive actually achieved, looked through some screenshots to confirm. So not actually sure how they have been compiling the stats tbh :confused:

Advertisement