Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apex Legends

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Really annoying bug on ps4, where once your match is over, you cant start a new one, it just gets stuck saying party member not ready, even when in solo.

Otherwise, I'm kind of coming around on it a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Really annoying bug on ps4, where once your match is over, you cant start a new one, it just gets stuck saying party member not ready, even when in solo.

Otherwise, I'm kind of coming around on it a little.

I have that a lot. I get about two games then have to restart it before I can get another game in.

I'm completely hooked on this. 100% my GOTY and it's only February.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Haven't had a win yet and only have a handful of kills but this is in my eyes the best battleground game there is. It has the balance between game length, squad size and character types perfect. The gameplay is very very fluid and it feels crisp. Control are sharp and the hud is well designed.

Can't wait for a few more games later.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Used my 1000 free coins from EA Access to buy Caustic and he's great craic in closed environments. Dropping down his gas traps indoors and slowing enemies up while doing damage to them all the while is really nice.

• Advertisement

Patch out on the Xbox. Seems to have fixed some connection issues, or maybe could be the time of day not sure. Seems faster anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Used my 1000 free coins from EA Access to buy Caustic and he's great craic in closed environments. Dropping down his gas traps indoors and slowing enemies up while doing damage to them all the while is really nice.

I used mine to get mirage, very handy decoy ability to flank enemies, had some craic with it last night. The ultimate is strange though haven't gotten used of it yet. You send out a team of decoys and I think you go invisible and can't shoot. More for escaping

Where do you get the 1000 free coins? I don't seem to have any currency.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Where do you get the 1000 free coins? I don't seem to have any currency.

You get them with EA Access

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Respawn mentioned the game will eventually become cross-platformed online play... wonder if I could use/link the free cosmetic pack off PlayStation Plus on PC.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

What are people playing on? I'M ON PC AS Raze_them_All

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Had a quick go of this last night. Was teamed up with someone like Level 36 and they immediately quit when the game started, so I was by myself. I did get the first kill, could hear someone running into the building where I just picked up a gun. Then I heard a good lot of fighting, and followed some footsteps which were a perk to the first Legend, pinged and saw 3 of them looting in the next building, ran in all guns blazing and got murdered. Seems good, but definitely not great for SP. Would probably be way better with a decent squad, but I'll hold onto it until some SP mode is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Had a quick go of this last night. Was teamed up with someone like Level 36 and they immediately quit when the game started, so I was by myself. I did get the first kill, could hear someone running into the building where I just picked up a gun. Then I heard a good lot of fighting, and followed some footsteps which were a perk to the first Legend, pinged and saw 3 of them looting in the next building, ran in all guns blazing and got murdered. Seems good, but definitely not great for SP. Would probably be way better with a decent squad, but I'll hold onto it until some SP mode is made.

Issue of people getting disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Issue of people getting disconnected.

I put it down to the fact that he saw he was teamed up with a greenhorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

What are people playing on? I'M ON PC AS Raze_them_All

get on the discord https://discord.gg/sfRsW2p
    (used to be boards battlegrounds) but isn't now..

or so i'm told be some nerds on here :P

Developed a great strat last night amongst three of us naturally. One of our players is insanely good with the peacemaker shotgun, he'd run in while two of us would snipe at range. Hopefully we'd land a few hits forcing them to heal or hide. Our other sniper would play as mirage and send in bamboozles. I'd fire in smoke grenades just as he gets up to them to cause utter chaos. He'd play as bloodhound so he'd sometimes be able to see through the smoke. We'd all descent on the smoke and clean up. Fighting someone at range and having a shotgun in your face is very difficult to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Yeah.. im not dying at long range to anyone TBH. its always someone in my face with a shotty.

They've developed it in such a way to make squads of 3 as easy as possible without using voices comms. The ping system is excellent. I recommend you try it again while using pings as much as possible e.g. pinging items you don't need, enemies, direction to go next, items that other people have pinged. Its really intuitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone know if you have 6 people in a party can you then spawn into the same game as two squads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Anyone know if you have 6 people in a party can you then spawn into the same game as two squads?

No, that would be a teaming nightmare. Best you could do is try all queuing in sync, might get slotted into the same game.

• Advertisement

Hopefully not then you'd be playing against teams of 6

nix wrote: »
    No, that would be a teaming nightmare. Best you could do is try all queuing in sync, might get slotted into the same game.

We managed to get lucky once doing this in PUBG, two 4 man squads, was carnage :pac:

We managed to get lucky once doing this in PUBG, two 4 man squads, was carnage :pac:

Until one of you go rogue... :o

ZiabR wrote: »
    Until one of you go rogue... :o

That was always the worry, and I'm not gonna lie......the temptation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

hah, be careful! It's a ban-able offense as far as im aware :pac:

It's highly frowned upon. Good craic though

Will be on in like 30 mins if anyone wants to squad up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Played a good chunk last night, at level 12. Really like it as far as BR games go, getting packs and skins and what not at nice rate compared to other games. Really like the main menu layout as well, so simple (small thing that drives me nuts in pubg). Different characters is cool (although I haven't really clicked with any)

One thing though, I think this game as finally convinced me that I am garbage at games and probably always will be :D god damn I'm terrible.

I guess the map feels a bit small to me, running into people too much.

Feels like anthem was the marketing push to get people on origin to play this haha

• Administrators Posts: 53,327 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Played a good chunk last night, at level 12. Really like it as far as BR games go, getting packs and skins and what not at nice rate compared to other games. Really like the main menu layout as well, so simple (small thing that drives me nuts in pubg). Different characters is cool (although I haven't really clicked with any)

One thing though, I think this game as finally convinced me that I am garbage at games and probably always will be :D god damn I'm terrible.

Feels like anthem was the marketing push to get people on origin to play this haha
    I actually like that the map is a bit smaller and the games shorter as a result.

One of my biggest hates of PUBG is spending 20 minutes walking around finding gear before you see any other players, and then just being killed.

• Advertisement

Pick the medic and let everyone else do the killing.

I like that kills give low xp. You can have a successful game and get zero kills. I've won two games so far, latest one I got zero kills and zero damage but I revived two and respawned one. You can't say I didn't contribute and deserve the win.

Advertisement