Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6n 2019 Scotland Vs Ireland build up thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If it's not injury related, then that's comical from the IRFU/SOB's agent, I can't imagine the deal was agreed in the last 24 hours from when he was named as a starter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

awec wrote: »
    SOB sitting out today's captains run...

Ah sh1te!

I have enough trouble at the moment with a bank thinking I'm a terrorist ffs

You can't just say that and leave us hanging...!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

If it's not injury related, then that's comical from the IRFU/SOB's agent, I can't imagine the deal was agreed in the last 24 hours from when he was named as a starter

"Being managed" whatever that means. https://twitter.com/Cumoski/status/1093888536682602497?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

What are the chances SOB is pulled before kick off? JVDF starting and Murphy on the bench a possibility.

Murphy to the bench I guess. Would you start him over VDF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Murphy to the bench I guess. Would you start him over VDF?

If you're sticking to the same plan of why SOB was brought in then yes I would start Murphy.

He's a bit more aggressive and a better carrier than Josh. In fact I think Jordi is a very underrated ball carrier.

Obviously you will lose a lot of Go Forward without SOB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

ROC is saying he'll be fine to play.

Could just be precautionary. Henshaw missed the captain's run last week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,123 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Jesus wept!! And that's one reason why SOB is not foremost in my team selection.
    Captain's run?
    If he misses out, Joe has got to be thinking of looking elsewhere!
    As good a player as he is, he's going to give some of us heart attacks with his instability!
    If he doesn't start, it's a different match. I am not very confident if it's true.
    SOB would most likely not survive the rwc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Zzippy wrote: »
    Ah sh1te!

You can't just say that and leave us hanging...!

Ah...I'm part of Pat Casey's fragrance buying group in the Gentlemans Club..we all chip in and get niche smells at great prices.
    We pay by bank transfer...and like ye...he gets to keep up with my usernames, so we always include our boards name too so there's no errors...... but I had a call from my bank this morning, saying Citybank had questioned my payment...I had to provide my name....dob...and what the payment was for... unusual...so gave them the info...an hour later they rang back... Citybank want to know my nationality and how long I've been in the country....
    At this point the girl is cracking up...and says they've seen "BAM" in your username and think you're a terrorist bomber....words failed me....but tis all sorted now....

I'm waiting for the WHO to get onto me now about any Chlamydia outbreaks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

If you're sticking to the same plan of why SOB was brought in then yes I would start Murphy.

He's a bit more aggressive and a better carrier than Josh. In fact I think Jordi is a very underrated ball carrier.

Obviously you will lose a lot of Go Forward without SOB

Thats simply not true VDF is better in every single department then Murphy and thats why he's up in Ulster

• Advertisement

Whats exactly is the captains run?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Light training session day before game led by Team captain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

SOB being made an example of for moving to LI? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭swiwi_

evil_seed wrote: »

That’s right. Schmidt gave SOB a paddling on the but-tocks while the players stood in a circle chanting “naughty boy”.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    evil_seed wrote: »

That’s right. Schmidt gave SOB a paddling on the but-tocks while the players stood in a circle chanting “naughty boy”.

Is that what they do in New Zealand everytime one of your players moves north for the money?

Weird. Your people have such strange habits. With the sheep as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

swiwi_ wrote: »

I'm going to forward this onto a friend of mine.

What she actually does with this image I may not want to ever know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Regarding SOB potentially being out and Murphy coming into the 23, Ruddock is the extra man who went to Edinburgh along with John Ryan and Adam Byrne.

Buer wrote: »
    Regarding SOB potentially being out and Murphy coming into the 23, Ruddock is the extra man who went to Edinburgh along with John Ryan and Adam Byrne.

He's grand apparently. Interesting that Ruddock is in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Whats wrong with Will Addison ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Light training session day before game led by Team captain

Does every team do a captains run? I've only really ever heard it with reference to the Irish team but I suspect thats due to the province's captains runs not really being reported on and not following other national teams.

• Advertisement

Whats wrong with Will Addison ?

I suspect the ease with which Argentina broke through him and Aki in November must have raised a few concerns. Reckon he might be next in line to Larmour at 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

clsmooth wrote: »
    Does every team do a captains run? I've only really ever heard it with reference to the Irish team but I suspect thats due to the province's captains runs not really being reported on and not following other national teams.

Yeah they always do. They just don't bother reporting on them because there'd be one every week.

It's the final session before the game where they do a walk through of set moves, kickers get some practice in the stadium, and they go through their set pieces too.

Yeah they always do. They just don't bother reporting on them because there'd be one every week.

It's the final session before the game where they do a walk through of set moves, kickers get some practice in the stadium, and they go through their set pieces too.

But is it usually always taken by the captain or is it just called the captains run for traditional purposes?

I suspect the ease with which Argentina broke through him and Aki in November must have raised a few concerns. Reckon he might be next in line to Larmour at 23.

Appears to be behind Adam Byrne now, despite Addison's rep for being versatile, Byrne's complete absence of versatility, and despite Byrne having no claim even to extensive past Ireland experience in a McFadden or DaveyK vein.

So it seems we have seen the passing of the brief comet across the Irish rugby sky that was Will Addison.

Appears to be behind Adam Byrne now, despite Addison's rep for being versatile, Byrne's complete absence of versatility, and despite Byrne having no claim even to extensive past Ireland experience in a McFadden or DaveyK vein.

So it seems we have seen the passing of the brief comet across the Irish rugby sky that was Will Addison.

Have to say though, I'm delighted for Adam Byrne. It shows a lot of character how hard he worked to get into the position he's in now Vs where he was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I've always thought it was basically unopposed training where they go through their different patterns depending where they are on the pitch and what the scenario is. But that's more an assumption based on nothing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Highly doubtful Trol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

bilston wrote: »
    I've always thought it was basically unopposed training where they go through their different patterns depending where they are on the pitch and what the scenario is. But that's more an assumption based on nothing really.

Captains run is training called by captain. Well Rory, Johnny and Farrell run it start to finish. Farrell in the background.

Not just are we missing a batch of first choice players tomorrow, but is it also the worst Irish team we have fielded when aiming to be as strong as possible, in recent years.

Roux and Conan are not really international standard at all. Farrell, while his last outing was positive, is a case not proven, and Best is only hanging onto international level play by the skin of his teeth, and that, for only 50 minutes tops. None leaps to mind. Four making up the numbers players, doesnt really promote hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The fact that Byrne is there means they have a concern over a winger (most likely Earls) rather than Byrne suddenly having leapfrogged others for selection.

You cover where you're exposed, not necessarily the best players.

Advertisement