Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Automatic transmission lessons?

• 06-02-2019 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi All,
    does anyone know if anyone does lessons in the Waterford area in Automatic Transmission?
    TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Try googling. It threw up a few options in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DipDab93

I contacted them all but one of them said that there are no instructors in Waterford or Wexford that do automatic driving lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Pretty sure Michelle Sheehan does automatic driving lessons, I could be wrong though.

472541.PNG

Thanks for Reply,
    I contacted Michelle and she told me she stopped doing them and that there's no one in Waterford or Wexford doing them.
    Im currently looking into whether of not anyone in southern Kilkenny does lessons in Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is manual an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I can't believe there aren't any sure with electric, dsg and hybrid most cars are going to be automatics.

Could you get your own car and do lessons in it if auto is what you want?

Is manual an option?

Unfortunately not, health reasons

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

OP try the Irish Wheelchair Association, they might be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

DipDab93 wrote: »
    Thanks for Reply,
    I contacted Michelle and she told me she stopped doing them and that there's no one in Waterford or Wexford doing them.
    Im currently looking into whether of not anyone in southern Kilkenny does lessons in Waterford

Ormonde School of motoring in Kilkenny, give them a shout.

• Advertisement

No Joy
    it looks like Ill be going up to Dublin for lessons,
    The instructor I contacted in Dublin could not believe that no one is covering the area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Hi Dipdap

There is a driving school in Maynooth (they do intensive courses) who do automatic - when I started learning I was going to go to them but to be honest I just waited until I was a little more confident driving with my sponsor and then took the lessons in my own car with an instructor. It is hard to get them and I couldn't find anyone locally who had an automatic instruction car but any I contacted were fine about teaching me in my own?

Pretzill wrote: »
    Hi Dipdap

There is a driving school in Maynooth (they do intensive courses) who do automatic - when I started learning I was going to go to them but to be honest I just waited until I was a little more confident driving with my sponsor and then took the lessons in my own car with an instructor. It is hard to get them and I couldn't find anyone locally who had an automatic instruction car but any I contacted were fine about teaching me in my own?

Thanks for the response,

Can I ask for more info about the place in Maynooth?

I have the first 10 lessons done and about 4 of them were in a manual, I struggled. (Didn't yet know about the health issue)
    Then at the time my instructor managed to find me a man with an automatic so I did the other lessons in that and decided that I should probably wait to get the last lessons done when I was preparing for the test.
    Now lo and behold I left it a bit late and there's no one in the Waterford/Wexford/Kilkenny area offering lessons in an automatic car unless you have your own.

I would get my own car but I would prefer to get the full license first because the insurance quotes I am getting are within the 3K region.
    25+ quoted me for 7K which I thought was ridiculous considering I have a clean license.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

DipDab93 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response,

Can I ask for more info about the place in Maynooth?

I have the first 10 lessons done and about 4 of them were in a manual, I struggled. (Didn't yet know about the health issue)
    Then at the time my instructor managed to find me a man with an automatic so I did the other lessons in that and decided that I should probably wait to get the last lessons done when I was preparing for the test.
    Now lo and behold I left it a bit late and there's no one in the Waterford/Wexford/Kilkenny area offering lessons in an automatic car unless you have your own.

I would get my own car but I would prefer to get the full license first because the insurance quotes I am getting are within the 3K region.
    25+ quoted me for 7K which I thought was ridiculous considering I have a clean license.

Yeah sure - https://www.leinsterdrivingcampus.ie/index.php/driving-lessons-maynooth

I see what you mean - the insurance can be a problem alright - I found the automatic a big help for me but I think when you have access to the car it just makes it easier to learn too - best of luck with it.

Mod I hope it's okay to post link - if I've broken any rule please remove it - I have no idea whether these are top instructors or not - I just know they do automatic training. :)

Pretzill wrote: »
    Yeah sure -
    I see what you mean - the insurance can be a problem alright - I found the automatic a big help for me but I think when you have access to the car it just makes it easier to learn too - best of luck with it.
    Thank You :)

Advertisement