Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Racing Cancelled due to Equine Flu

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

The breeding season starts on 15th February, and mares will be on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

The breeding season starts on 15th February, and mares will be on the move.
    If Gallileo doesn't get his usual quota of action he'll have blue balls syndrome .

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Pinesky wrote: »
    If Gallileo doesn't get his usual quota of action he'll have blue balls syndrome .
    Haha this is true

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Doubt if 'Lad on twitters ' assessment would have caused all UK racing to be abandoned today!

He's usually a very reliable guy, writes for SportingBet and that. Taken with a pinch of salt but imagine it's fairly solid info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

McCain has some knack for getting the worst out of horses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

So, who is confident the festival will go ahead, and who isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

First time to go this year 100% my luck it wont go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

If we here no new cases today I’d say it will be on.

Be sunday before all results be back

UK bookmakers saying they'll be down 25 million this weekend alone over this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

And next weekend they'll up 25 mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Id take that figure with a pinch of salt. Surely a Gross figure. If not then that would mean that they are taking in close to 200 million in bets on Uk racing over a week when you consider an over round in the region of 10-20%. Absolute spoofers.

Its all pity me with these guys.

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »
    Id take that figure with a pinch of salt. Surely a Gross figure. If not then that would mean that they are taking in close to 200 million in bets on Uk racing over a week when you consider an over round in the region of 10-20%. Absolute spoofers.

Its all pity me with these guys.

Not even a pinch... taken with a large spoon of salt! Definitely exaggerated by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Not even a pinch... taken with a large spoon of salt! Definitely exaggerated by them.

Thats it Gavin. Tbh id say the only reason they do this crap is to protect themselves from Stakeholders if they dont hit targets.
    "We didnt hit target x this quarter due to racing being called off for a week and missing y amount of revenue" Pull the other one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Gutted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Hills issued a statement saying their customers are “resilient” and will switch to South African or other horse racing.

“Resilient “. That’s a funny attribute to give a gambler who will punt away on some foreign nag he /she hasn’t a clue about

One of McCains horses from Ayr has now tested positive
    this is very very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

this is very very bad

You should work for a tabloid :rolleyes:

this is very very bad

Yep, Cheltenham is now in jeopardy as all horses from Ayr are now high risk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

A Cheltenham festival for Irish trained horses only would be a bitta craic #flufree

• Advertisement

You should work for a tabloid :rolleyes:

Because i am taking lines from the irish field and RP and posting them on a racing forum???

Sound

Raise a spark is the horse in question, they say the flu can be spread through humans to horses, worth noting Brian Hughes(raise a spark jockey) rode the next two races on Irish horses for different stables,I hope they never got brought back to there yards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

The irish horses were stopped from going back to their yards I think and kept in isolation

Because i am taking lines from the irish field and RP and posting them on a racing forum???

Sound

Very very bad my hole. It's not good news but hardly unexpected.
    Hopefully they contain it and we'll be back racing in a week or so.

Very very bad my hole. It's not good news but hardly unexpected.
    Hopefully they contain it and we'll be back racing in a week or so.

I sincerely hope you are right

ya auld bolix ;)

Had a quick look through the wolves and Newcastle cards for this potential other yard and didn’t look too closely but only trainers I spotted at both cards where Richard fahey and David griffiths.
    Money is it’s griffiths yard as they ran bad although where not fancied.

I sincerely hope you are right

ya auld bolix ;)

:D
    As long as Cheltenham is on I'm happy, didn't get over last year so itching to get to it this year more than ever.

So say we all Pat
    I am getting fu*kall work done the last few days scouring twitter feeds for any info on this
    (i work for myself from home)

People who don't love NH racing don't "get it"
    Yesterday you had rte "sports journos" and newstalk presenters scoffing at this, wondering was equine flu as bad as man flu ha ha ha ha....
    Drove me mad :mad:

Since Christmas once santy has come and gone all the NH fan can think about is the festival (ok maybe a slight exaggeration but ye get me)

Podcast, after AP bet, after NRNB bet, after scour of the RP .....

Then this sh*te hits!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

:D
    As long as Cheltenham is on I'm happy, didn't get over last year so itching to get to it this year more than ever.

It’s certainly a longer price now than it was this morning, pretty sure the worst has yet to come unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Advertisement