Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland v Ireland.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No, I'm not saying that...it's just that I didn't see much from him is all...I just thought SOB outshone him in workrate and in go forward ball

They are asked to carry out different roles.
    Being top tackler means your workrate is right up there... And 15 meters carring in the tight is a good return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

troyzer wrote: »
    You questioned Conan's work rate and thought he didn't have a great game. You asked for stats.

Stats were provided that showed you were wrong.

And then you hand waved the stats saying that SOB had a bigger work rate whilst ignoring POM.

Just for the sake of completion, Conan out tackled SOB as well. And although SOB carried for an extra seven metres, he took an extra seven carries to do so.

I said thru the game that POM and SOB were much more apparent that Conan...steals...lineout work etc so that's one lie debunked.
    Anyone that believes Conan outplayed SOB is fooling themselves and nobody else I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭bilston

If he's cited you'll have made a fair point.

You only get cited for red card offences. That's why Tuilagi wasn't cited last week for his hit on Stockdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

You questioned Conan's work rate and thought he didn't have a great game. You asked for stats.

Stats were provided that showed you were wrong.

And then you hand waved the stats saying that SOB had a bigger work rate whilst ignoring POM.

Just for the sake of completion, Conan out tackled SOB as well. And although SOB carried for an extra seven metres, he took an extra seven carries to do so.

I said thru the game that POM and SOB were much more apparent that Conan...steals...lineout work etc so that's one lie debunked.
    Anyone that believes Conan outplayed SOB is fooling themselves and nobody else I'm afraid

I'm not saying that Conan outplayed SOB. I'm saying that if stats are something you judge a performance by, which you clearly do by asking for them, then you shouldn't be ****ting all over his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,071 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Nobody has said Conan outplayed SOB tho

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Being top tackler means your workrate is right up there... And 15 meters carring in the tight is a good return

15m...ah now....I think we all know that's not a very good return

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Nobody has said Conan outplayed SOB tho

Troyzer is

sydthebeat wrote: »

It's five times more than POM.

Just stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

What are your views then on Standers 4m return last week with more carry’s than Conan?

I'm not saying that Conan outplayed SOB. I'm saying that if stats are something you judge a performance by, which you clearly do by asking for them, then you shouldn't be ****ting all over his performance.

I'm not crapping in his performance...I just didn't see it as you did...is that clear enough...as far as stand out performances...it wasn't in the top 8 of the team... apologise if I missed it

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    What are your views then on Standers 4m return last week with more carry’s than Conan?

4m more than Conan made

I'm not crapping in his performance...I just didn't see it as you did...is that clear enough...as far as stand out performances...it wasn't in the top 8 of the team... apologise if I missed it

When did I say he outperformed SOB?

I have no reason to doubt your inability to see a workhorse in action. I just don't understand how you maintain that position after you've been proven wrong?

POM and SOB were better. But Conan still had an excellent game.

You can't have the most tackles in a game and not be top 8. That's madness.

4m more than Conan made

15 is more than 4.....

I have no reason to doubt your inability to see a workhorse in action. I just don't understand how you maintain that position after you've been proven wrong?

Best... Furlong...Ryan...Roux...SOB...POM...Earls.. Stockdale.. Kearney

Best... Furlong...Ryan...Roux...SOB...POM...Earls.. Stockdale.. Kearney

I really hope that's not in order.

15 is more than 4.....

Ok...if you want to play that game..26 is more than 15

Stander against Scotland last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

15 is more than 4.....

I wouldn’t bother if I were you. I think they’ve forgotten what they were even arguing. It’s happened before. They’ll disappear for a while and make a new account with a hilarious name

I really hope that's not in order.

Numerical...and still no place fir Conan

15 is more than 4.....

I wouldn’t bother if I were you. I think they’ve forgotten what they were even arguing. It’s happened before. They’ll disappear for a while and make a new account with a hilarious name

I'm starting to agree.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

My subjective irrelevant opinion is better than your subjective irrelevant opinion

• Advertisement

Ag...when someone compares the England game to the Scotland game as a metre... then we know what's what ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I see Mensa is having its weekly forum meeting.

Buer wrote: »

Meeting adjourned

Buer wrote: »

You're welcome to join....at least people have stopped blaming Murray for all our ills

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Which was a different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,769 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ah now jaysus will you stop with last year. You can go back to any players performance in any another game to sh*t on another player.

Back to Murray.

Is there something physically wrong with him or is it all in his head? Poor decision making you could put down to the latter but his passing is slow and his kicking inaccurate. That seems to me that there's something physically wrong with him.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Ah now jaysus will you stop with last year. You can go back to any players performance in any another game to sh*t on another player.

Which is exactly what others were doing...so I switched it around.. please keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,769 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Which is exactly what others were doing...so I switched it around.. please keep up

Grand...I'll leave the abacus there for you.

• Advertisement

Basically...I think Conan is not the answer internationally...I think he'll get walloped against Wales...if he proves me wrong... lovely!!!! I'll freely say so ..but I just think he's lacking at the very highest level... that's all...will let you all eulogize about him now, tnx
    :)

Advertisement