Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Roscommon hotel (asylum seekers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Your whole posting history is blatantly racist fearmongering sh/te.

So no attempt to discredit me? This is all just pointless, you let your mask slip in a previous thread when you went off on a pathetic little homophobic tirade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Interesting comment from the Finnish President:
    It’s unbearable that some who have sought asylum from us, and even received an asylum, have brought evil to us and created insecurity.......

We need an open and factual discussion and decisions that are weighted thoroughly.
    Try to do that in Ireland and you will have the liberals and Sinn Fein raving about how racist we all are just to ask about having a factual discussion. And of course, RTE would not allow it to happen anyway, as they control the one-sided narrative on these types of social discussions.

Your whole posting history is blatantly racist fearmongering sh/te.
    Now we know you are a liar and everyone can see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So no attempt to discredit me? This is all just pointless, you let your mask slip in a previous thread when you went off on a pathetic little homophobic tirade.

Ha ha no snakey, you misinterpreted what i said and went on a silly tangent. You're posting history is there for all to see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Kivaro wrote: »
    Now we know you are a liar and everyone can see that.

:confused: ???

• Advertisement

Ha ha no snakey, you misinterpreted what i said and went on a silly tangent. You're posting history is there for all to see ;)

At the risk of looking like an absolute tit who makes false claims and snipes as a means to discredit posters when the cold hard facts are presented to them, ie, a dimwit, would you like to instead quote one racist statement which I have made on any thread? Won't be hard as according to you my entire post history consists of nothing but.

I get the sense that the asylum business will become the new "homelessness" industry. Many, many people will get very rich from it; irrespective of the cost to society or to genuine asylum seekers themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

This should be called what it is at this point - domestic terrorism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I see we have the usual pro-open-borders supporters on here making fun of the issues that other countries have with asylum seeker integration and their adjustment to western norms e.g. respect for women etc.
    Which posters are these by the way? I keep hearing about all these pro open borders posters on AH but only remember seeing 1 or 2 people ever call for it?

I could very well be wrong and have missed several posters in this thread calling for such a thing (either here or in the past) but would appreciate if you could point them out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

bubblypop wrote: »
    What reason do they have for not wanting asylum seekers?

Because of course they are all rapists.

Every single one. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised Boards' resident racist isn't here yet, early doors though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I'm surprised Boards' resident racist isn't here yet, early doors though.

The same reason as the residents of Donnybrook and Sandymount dont want asylum seekers on their doorstep. Most residents who have put a lot of money into their property dont want anything near them that will devalue it and hordes of unemployed myogynisitc young men hanging around makes people fearful and this leads to people wanting to move elsewhere so eventually enough bring in enough asylum seekers and you have a ghetto.

I see the Muslim man who was caught trying to sneak out of Syria with women and children wants to come back here. He said Ireland is his country, well forget about that khalid or whatever your name is, your citizenship is being revoked as we speak so you can stay in whatever ****hole you find yourself in now.

Ireland does not want you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I get the sense that the asylum business will become the new "homelessness" industry. Many, many people will get very rich from it; irrespective of the cost to society or to genuine asylum seekers themselves.

FOI request incoming to DFA:eek:

Many, many people are getting rich from it already.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Which posters are these by the way? I keep hearing about all these pro open borders posters on AH but only remember seeing 1 or 2 people ever call for it?

I could very well be wrong and have missed several posters in this thread calling for such a thing (either here or in the past) but would appreciate if you could point them out to me.

Usually it is Sinn Fein posters advocating for their party's policy of open borders for all, or people with skin in the game .... like NGO staff reliant on a booming migrant/refugee business.

@Tretorn,

The media that are reporting on this would have a total conniption if asylum seekers were to be placed anywhere near them. Just like they comment on Travellers, but will never have to live beside them.

No one calls them out on that though.

I actually do not blame small communities or any community for that matter who have not not been informed about an influx of AS.

Follow the money is right, but it ain't going to the residents of these places. I don't blame them TBH.

There will never be a Traveller site nor an asylum seeker venue in high end areas. Sorry. That is the reality, and it has to be challenged.

tretorn wrote: »
    The same reason as the residents of Donnybrook and Sandymount dont want asylum seekers on their doorstep. Most residents who have put a lot of money into their property dont want anything near them that will devalue it and hordes of unemployed [I]myogynisitc young men hanging around [/I]makes people fearful and this leads to people wanting to move elsewhere so eventually enough bring in enough asylum seekers and you have a ghetto.

I see the Muslim man who was caught trying to sneak out of Syria with women and children wants to come back here. He said Ireland is his country, well forget about that khalid or whatever your name is, your citizenship is being revoked as we speak so you can stay in whatever ****hole you find yourself in now.

Ireland does not want you back.

Exaggerating much?

Meh, people like you have all the empathy of an empty Tayto packet. Waste of time.

We opened our doors to the likes of the man captured in Syria last week. We probably gave him a social housing and unemployment benefit and he began to hang around with radicals and the next thing he is in Syria. Of course he didnt do anything bad in Syria, no one caught has done anything bad, they all just drove other people around, only a fool would believe that.

We need to make sure this toerag never sets foot in this country again, who does he think he is demanding to be sent back here. This was never "his" country, he may have got residency rights thanks to woolly liberals but the Irish Government can cancel all these right and tough luck if this makes him Stateless. He is busy pulling the mental health card too, he obviously thinks that will help his cause.

We dont know the history of anyone arriving here so rural dwellers do need to be careful who is landed among them. You can bet your life the people deciding where asylum seekers go will pick anywhere but where they and their relatives live and placing them where there are very few people to object makes the bureaucrats job easier, its just not right.

Exaggerating much?

Meh, people like you have all the empathy of an empty Tayto packet. Waste of time.

Am betting you don't live in a high end area (so called). They are immune.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I am watching the six o clock news on the +1 channell and a woman saying that DP system must end and the people be allowed to live and work and be part of the community.......... But also they shouldnt be sent to Roscommon.

Also admits she doesn't have all the answers.

Cool, cool...........

Of course he doesnt.

Look at Pat Kenny and the fuss he kicked up over a few apartments being built near him.

Would he be happy if the Government compulsorily acquired that site for social housing for travellers.

Why didnt the Government acquire that land mass at RTE, that site belongs to the people of Ireland because we fund RTE through the tV licence. It was the perfect place for high density public housing suitable for single men, travellers and asylum seekers.

Can you imagine the reaction of the Judges, Consultants, and Politicans who have bought in Donnybrook. The thoughts of their children travelling to their private schools and having to sit beside an asylum seeker. Nah, never going to happen, lets find some backward rural spot with no facilities and only a handful of locals to protest, the liberals in Donnybrook will tut tut from the safety of Dublin 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭enricoh

Yep, laughing my head off at you and your ilk who are constantly spreading fearmongering on these threads, keep it up lads you really do bring a smile to my face with the sh/te you post.

No response to all the points, sorry facts that snake posted, what a surprise timberr.
    Stick up something like - they ate our swans, n odhinn can chip in with something hilarious like they only ate the white ones.
    U cant argue with the facts, so keep posting crap like that... Again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Exaggerate much?

Of course they aren't, don't think anyone is suggesting that.

But (assuminng) many if not all the folks in these facilities are young Muslim men (which is typically the case with non-EU refugee/illegal economic migration), then you have to consider some cold facts:

E.g. In Eng & Wales a certain group which follow a certain religion are x3 more likely to be behind bars than the average Joe (2016 figures).

Specifcally 12% of males in prison convicted of rape are Muslims in Eng & Wales (Mar 2014), again averaging triple of the representative population.

Then just today - the UK gov actually announced Taxi and private hire drivers could have to pass enhanced criminal ... Under the proposals, every council in England would be told to carry out detailed checks, this is in order to stop the rise/phenomenon of grooming gangs.

Specifcally these gangs are Pakistani-muslim men, (so may not be as relevant to this case) they primarily use minicabs to source and distribute their prey, aided by drink and drugs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

We opened our doors to the likes of the man captured in Syria last week. We probably gave him a social housing and unemployment benefit and he began to hang around with radicals and the next thing he is in Syria. Of course he didnt do anything bad in Syria, no one caught has done anything bad, they all just drove other people around, only a fool would believe that.

We need to make sure this toerag never sets foot in this country again, who does he think he is demanding to be sent back here. This was never "his" country, he may have got residency rights thanks to woolly liberals but the Irish Government can cancel all these right and tough luck if this makes him Stateless. He is busy pulling the mental health card too, he obviously thinks that will help his cause.

Same fella sacked from Lillies for groping female customers. He can stay wherever he is, the tramp.

Of course he doesnt.

Look at Pat Kenny and the fuss he kicked up over a few apartments being built near him.

Would he be happy if the Government compulsorily acquired that site for social housing for travellers.

Why didnt the Government acquire that land mass at RTE, that site belongs to the people of Ireland because we fund RTE through the tV licence. It was the perfect place for high density public housing suitable for single men, travellers and asylum seekers.

Can you imagine the reaction of the Judges, Consultants, and Politicans who have bought in Donnybrook. The thoughts of their children travelling to their private schools and having to sit beside an asylum seeker. Nah, never going to happen, lets find some backward rural spot with no facilities and only a handful of locals to protest, the liberals in Donnybrook will tut tut from the safety of Dublin 4.

I assume you and your new friend there are referring to me?

No, I don't live in a' high end' area I'm currently living a couple mile outside of Ballaghadereen with my parents for the time being, you might have heard of it(it ain't Dalkey that's for sure); y'know, lots of dirty Syrians are living there.

No trouble from them, they just want to move on and make a life for themselves , locals pretty welcoming.

I lost a bank card on the street a month ago and two Syrian lads handed it into the local post office there I was told.

The gall of them eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

No, I don't live in a' high end' area I'm currently living a couple mile outside of Ballaghadereen with my parents for the time being, you might have heard of it(it ain't Dalkey that's for sure); y'know, lots of dirty Syrians are living there.

No trouble from them, they just want to move on and make a life for themselves , locals pretty welcoming.

I lost a bank card on the street a month ago and two Syrian lads handed it into the local post office there I was told.

Gotta love the anecdote - open borders to everybody. :rolleyes:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Gotta love the anecdote - open borders to everybody. :rolleyes:

Yes, I suppose it dosn't quite fit in with the all Syrians are scum, or rapists if you will, narative alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Completely off topic, but why on earth was an hotel in a prime tourist location designated for this sort of project? Anybody with half a brain will know so there's no need to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭enricoh

If u ever move out of mammy n daddys n end up having a nipper or two, would you encourage your daughter to travel around the middle east n north africa?
    Or would it just be racist to have any concerns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Maybe the President of Finland aught to be called out on his raging xenophobia.

• Advertisement

However, no matter how many stats you post, lads, it doesn't justify torching innocent people's buildings.

Strange statement to make considering not one poster has advocated this criminal act.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement