Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP butchering lucky 15s

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pugw wrote: »
    Any of ye use Betfred for luckys? They have maintained treble odds! Was thinking of setting up an account! I notice they don’t offer their new customer offer to Irish customers. What are there prices like? Any issues getting a €5 lucky 15 on etc?

I use them and I haven't seen any restrictions on multiple bets. Largest one I've done is €4 lucky.

They're alright. The negatives would be that they're not exactly generous with specials and would be slower to go NRNB on races. They won't do the punters any favours essentially with things they don't have to do compared to Paddy Power. Another example of that is poor cash out offers. Another is slow to update books.

Positives is they're quick to process payments to your account. For example if make a withdrawal 9pm on a Friday the funds will be in your account Tuesday morning which I think is very good. That's really the only positive and main reason I back with them!

Multiples are definitely bets that don't seem to have much incentive anymore and I'm mad about them. I'll be reigning myself in anyway on the stakes I put down as it's just not worth it for your typical weekend fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Yeah the bookies are full of the type of punters you mention above. The ones who can't see beyond the first 2 in the betting, backing 4/1 shots each way. They are the type of punter the bookie loves not the small L15 player who could and does some serious damage for small stakes. Only Saturday a Kerry punter scooped over 20K for a 30c L15 . No ones claiming they are easy to get up but most days a punter can break even with one winner in 4. No way the lad that's throwing hundreds on favs at short prices is.

The bolded part actually couldn't be further from the truth if you tried!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

Pogue eile wrote: »

somewhat true, the bookies don't give a hoot about the punter backing horses , only the virtual, bingo,roulette etc **** that has infested them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Made my biggest mistake ever with l15 on Saturday . Went into shop to do one where they were all in extra place races and when I got there I realised the Romain de Senam race was only 3 places in shop not 4 the same as online . First time I've seen that on a Saturday .

I should have just got them to lodge and the do it , but said f**k and just did it anyway .

Needless to say romain de senam finished 4th and I got €240 instead of c. €1400 .

Livid as I'm a stickler about value. Anyway more my mistake than paddy , but l15s in those extra places races are gold .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Its all about opinions I have mine and you have yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Sickened Aidan. Do they even give double odds online !?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

It is not really opinions. As a general bookies would rather take Lucky 15s all day than have people betting each way singles.
    Ask any of the big firms them Lucky 15s are music to their ears.

Obviously as has been pointed out there are exceptions but the general would be to push all those Lucky XX bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

But yours is wrong, I was merely pointing this out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

So the bookies were making that much on L15s that they decided to cut the bonus for 1 winner. Mind boggling.

Advertisement