Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday Gowran & across the pond.

• 15-02-2019 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Really fancy JPO'B's in the 2nd tomorrow. Have backed at 10/3. Ladbrokes with the last of that price.
    Well backed last day. Faded after the last , watched him coming back in and didn't look like he had raced at all. Kevin Blake seemed a little sweet on him too on the podcast. Doesn't seem the strongest of Grade threes.
    Fingers crossed.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Fox is a huge price. Great run behind Altior. Class act.
    13/2 available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Killtullagh Vic 11/4 tomorrow looks value to turnover Monalee getting weight.

Heading to Gowran myself in the morning. Was hoping to see a decent Red Mills race but its missing a few of the stars now.....but Ill be siding with Killultagh Vic.

Ive also backed Mags Mullins horse in the bumper after some word about it today.

Anyone else going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

There’s so much good racing tomorrow I was having trouble nailing down which horses to include in a Heinz 57, I would usually do a lucky 63 but it’s no longer worth it with powers.
    I’ve gone for horses who all have very obvious chances and should all give a good run for the money.

Lingfield 1.30
    First link @ 15/8

Ascot 1.35
    Mister malarkey @ 11/4

Gowran 1.50
    Darasso @ 5/2

Gowran 2.30
    Killutagh Vic @ 5/2

Ascot 3.20
    Getaway trump @ 3/1

Ascot 3.55
    Waiting patiently @ 13/8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Sceau Royal 3.10 wincanton. King has won it the last 2 years. Short price but looks a sceaur thing
    6/4 boyles
    GL

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

Ascot 13:00- Darling Maltaix 8/1
    Ascot 16:30- Lygon Rock 9/1
    Haydock 14:55- Down The Highway 11/2
    Haydock 15:35- The Two Amigos 12/1

E/W double

Ascot 1.00 darling maltaix @ 8/1

Haydock 3.35 robinsfirth @ 7/1

Just came across one I really like the look of

4.35 wincanton Peak to peak @ 9/2
    Nicholls does well in this race and the horse is off a big absense, but he seems to think he will run well in his blog.
    Previous form was close 3rd to court minstrel and Sam spinner when he liked the hurdles.

I’m not half as confident about this as I was with glen forsa yesterday but I think Terrefort will give clan des obeaux something to think about, the race will prob be tactical and not truly run so Terrefort ran very well behind frodon after his break from his below par seasonal debut and should only improve.
    I’m not backing it I’m just pointing out it shouldn’t be as straightforward as it looks.

Interesting that Daryl Jacob gos to wincanton for a good book of rides, Sceau Royal being the pick, he chose it over Terrefort and Torpillo at other meetings, maybe he just had better additional rides at wincanton than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Bachasson is a good thing for Sunday in the 2:20 Navan. 15/8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sceau Royal @ Wincanton

Monalee @ GP

Big Double and enjoy the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Can't see past Monalee, should win this doing handstands on route to the Ryanair. But won't back him.

Hoping Getaway Trump wins as he's my Supreme nag.

And Waiting Patiently a big lay! Serious hype horse.

Probably a day to watch and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Might be a day for following Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭La danseuse au cheval

I reckon Kafeel has a shot in the 13:30. Worth an e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Terreffort win
    Sceau Royale win
    Monalee win
    Fox Norton (nap) win
    Cest jersey win
    Yanworth win
    Black Corton win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Haydock 2:55
    Soligoster is certainly in form judging by his very good 4th at Ascot in a top class handicap chase. He fell next time out but if he can reach a similar level of form over hurdles here he looks to have a decent shot. 25/1 with many paying 4 places looks great value for a sure stayer.
    1 Point EW 25/1 4 places vc/paddy/uni/fred
    Haydock 3:35
    I’m struggling to see why Ballyarthur is such a huge price here. He is in top form and his last 2 runs are very good. He did finish poorly both times but I’m not sure it’s as bad as it looked at the time and I’m pretty sure he will be in here pitching at the end as well. 33/1 is just too big to ignore.
    1 Point EW 33/1 5 places betvc/Black
    Ascot 3:20
    I’ve a sneaking suspicion that Disingo may have a bit more to give than he has shown lately. He seems to travel well and is still a bit green from what I can see. He’s big enough price to take a shot at it here in a well-run race.
    1 Point EW 66/1 5 places paddy/betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Surely Ask Ben is a huge price in the 410 at Haydock.
    Form of its win in the race against Beakstown seems to be the best in my opinion with 2 winners coming out of the race.
    Also proved that it wasn't a fluke by hosing up at Ayr later that month.

Also think Waiting Patiently will win the Ascot Chase again. Really think this horse is a classy animal and has beaten top opposition all but the King George when it was unseated rather than fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Quel Destin is such a likeable horse.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

absolute bull**** that

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Surely Ask Ben is a huge price in the 410 at Haydock.
    Form of its win in the race against Beakstown seems to be the best in my opinion with 2 winners coming out of the race.
    Also proved that it wasn't a fluke by hosing up at Ayr later that month.

Also think Waiting Patiently will win the Ascot Chase again. Really think this horse is a classy animal and has beaten top opposition all but the King George when it was unseated rather than fell.

Kateson’s form is seen by many as a good bit superior

I want whatever JOB’s 4yr olds were given this season they are cleaning up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Really fancy JPO'B's in the 2nd tomorrow. Have backed at 10/3. Ladbrokes with the last of that price.
    Well backed last day. Faded after the last , watched him coming back in and didn't look like he had raced at all. Kevin Blake seemed a little sweet on him too on the podcast. Doesn't seem the strongest of Grade threes.
    Fingers crossed.....
    Get in you beauty!!Geraghty had his hands full but did it well in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Blud

There’s so much good racing tomorrow I was having trouble nailing down which horses to include in a Heinz 57, I would usually do a lucky 63 but it’s no longer worth it with powers.
    I’ve gone for horses who all have very obvious chances and should all give a good run for the money.

Lingfield 1.30
    First link @ 15/8

Ascot 1.35
    Mister malarkey @ 11/4

Gowran 1.50
    Darasso @ 5/2

Gowran 2.30
    Killutagh Vic @ 5/2

Ascot 3.20
    Getaway trump @ 3/1

Ascot 3.55
    Waiting patiently @ 13/8

3 up, 3 to go. Not bad.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Can't see past Monalee, should win this doing handstands

Lay :)

Edit: I mean Max Bet gift from the Gods Wow Sting style

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Lingfield 1.30
    First link @ 15/8

Ascot 1.35
    Mister malarkey @ 11/4

Gowran 1.50
    Darasso @ 5/2

Gowran 2.30
    Killutagh Vic @ 5/2

Ascot 3.20
    Getaway trump @ 3/1

Ascot 3.55
    Waiting patiently @ 13/8

I put the first 4 in a €1 lucky 15
    Return is 340 could cash out now at 150

What to do??

Tell you what the owner of Calipto has got a great spark in her for an ould biddy ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Great run by Anibale Fly. Longer trip and he could shape up in some race at Chelt.

Tons of cash for Vic but ran really poorly. Great boost for Percy with last years RSA 2nd second winning that. Ryanair for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 35,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Equus Amadeus 33-1 5 places PP
    I fancy this for a place at least.

Lisp for the win 8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

BumperD wrote: »
    Tons of cash for Vic but ran really poorly. Great boost for Percy with last years RSA 2nd second winning that. Ryanair for sure

I think what should be more telling from that race is how close Killultagh was to Percy. Its obvious at this stage that Monalee's best trip was and is not 3m+. Percy should be trouncing Killultagh types if he has a chance at the GC imo.

• Advertisement

I think Killutagh got injured during race, he jumped one the fences well and immediately dropped back to jps horses and jumping funny after like something was amiss.

Advertisement