Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Damages awarded

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭Allinall

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Allinall wrote: »
    Are you a doctor?

Yes actually

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Pure greed. I wish them no luck with the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Kid was 15 months and didn't see the accident, just the bloody mother after it. Yet the club were so afraid they offered 20k.

Nice work if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

How much did the mother get for the initial accident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Pure greed. I wish them no luck with the money.

Child won't see a cent for another 13 years, and parents won't be able to access it either.

Allinall wrote: »
    Are you a doctor?
    Well the guy who examined him was.
    Jude’s doctor found very little wrong with the child and while seeing his mother injured had the potential to be traumatising for the boy, there had been no lasting negative effect on him.

How much do you get if it has an actual effect on you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

If it's true, the kid has to wait 13 years to access the money then if it makes you feel any better inflation is currently running at around 2% so by the time he gets the money it will be worth approximately 26% less than today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

That is just taking the p1ss

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Kid was 15 months and didn't see the accident, just the bloody mother after it. Yet the club were so afraid they offered 20k.

Nice work if you can get it.

That's what seems to be at the core of a lot of these settlements. Some entities will push back, the likes of pubs, clubs and especially anything to do with accidents. I am dubious about effect on the child but at least his college fees are sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Next up.

Child sues hospital for psychiatric trauma after seeing too much blood during his/her birth.

Next up.

Child sues hospital for psychiatric trauma after seeing too much blood during his/her birth.

Why stop there?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2019/feb/05/consent-being-born-man-suing-parents-for-giving-birth-to-him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Effects wrote: »

There’s a lawsuit I surprisingly have no issue with.

We don’t choose to be born,and the ones who bring in a child they can Ill afford extreme poverty should be prosecuted

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There’s a lawsuit I surprisingly have no issue with.

We don’t choose to be born,and the ones who bring in a child they can Ill afford extreme poverty should be prosecuted

Sounds like the Dutch chap who wanted to have his age changed. Always someone to blame for personal "misery.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46425774

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Every time it seems like we've hit a new low, some greedy flucker somewhere has been greedy enough to find another one.

I don't blame the greed afflicted. I feel sorry for them tbh.

I blame the judges who facilitate and agree to this nonsense.

Anyway,

May their ill gotten gains bring them nothing but misery and misfortune for the rest of their days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Ahhhm, have ye not seen Dexter lads? These type of childhood traumas can have serious (and entertaining) consequences on an infant .......at least on TV they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Hope the baby has nightmares over it . May as well get their money’s worth then

Don’t worry baby about the nightmares, 20k will make them go away....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Not commenting on the merits of the case, but this line struck me:
    Judge Garavan, who said that while there was no recognised psychiatric illness diagnosed, nonetheless there were many cases that came before the court that did not measure up to post traumatic stress disorder. He approved the offer.

Am I picking it up wrong, or is he basically saying that "there's no good evidence of injury here, but we make orders to pay out for no evidence all the time and why should this be different?"

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

I really need to take a dive, free money is out there you just have to make it look convincing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

It seems so easy.

TheChizler wrote: »
    we make orders to pay out for no evidence all the time and why should this be different?"

Cheaper in the long run/hedging bets/jobs for the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

No sensationalism there at all....

The mother looked well in her younger days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

RMAOK wrote: »
    No sensationalism there at all....

The mother looked well in her younger days

Your looking at her tits, her head is a big square thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Jaysus ..if you don't take that down the young fella is going to sue you for seeing his poor auld mams tits splashed all over the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Rennaws wrote: »
    Every time it seems like we've hit a new low, some greedy flucker somewhere has been greedy enough to find another one.

I don't blame the greed afflicted. I feel sorry for them tbh.

I blame the judges who facilitate and agree to this nonsense.

Anyway,

May their ill gotten gains bring them nothing but misery and misfortune for the rest of their days.

Oh stop being so bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Child won't see a cent for another 13 years, and parents won't be able to access it either.

So if the child is traumatised, none of the money can be used for therapy till he's properly f*ed up (ha), and then he can heal himself with a dirt bike and a car...

Would it not have made more sense to put 20,000 aside exclusively for therapy (ha) and any expenses related, not reward with a holiday money.

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

How much will the kid be able to sue his mam for when he discovers she was a stripper, oh the trauma...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

TheChizler wrote: »
    Not commenting on the merits of the case, but this line struck me:

Am I picking it up wrong, or is he basically saying that "there's no good evidence of injury here, but we make orders to pay out for no evidence all the time and why should this be different?"

When I read that this morning, I just thought that I was still asleep or had woken up in the twilight zone.
    Really odd thing for a judge to say.

But then again, it's Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

She deserves no better, chasing money for that.

Advertisement