Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

171 Mokka timing belt/chain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The real scam is the price of a Mokka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

guil wrote: »
    It's a chain, they are supposed to last the lifetime of the engine.
    Yes it last the lifetime and that lifetime can be 100 000km only. You are fooled by dealers advertising about lifetime parts and very long service intervals. I understand that, as consumer you trust the dealers and their recommendations. Only problem, the dealers are living on fairy tale land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭9935452

w211 wrote: »
    9935452 wrote: »
    Expert service is 199 which is an oil change and filter and inspection.

Major service is 359 which isoil and filter
    Fuel filter air filter and pollen filter and inspection.

The fuel filter replacement these days cost almost that money alone. It does not apply for all cars and models, only these where fuel filter are inside the gas tank. They call it fuel supply unit and only that part cost load of money.

So you are saying the major service is goo value then ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

9935452 wrote: »
    So you are saying the major service is goo value then ??
    No, because they never ever make a such gift for you. We should be happy because still many cars have a filters separately. The fuel supply units are not serviceable(actually re but what a mess) and average recommended mileage are around 150 000km. If people ignore it, their service bill will next time 2x higher because the fuel pump failure. I suggest to replace the both units on the same time. 1 job, only little more labor cost. So the cars with fuel supply units can not get the fuel filter by regular service because it is way too expensive.

EDIT: The fuel supply unit alone can cost 250eur or more. Labor 100eur (very cheap one) and 350eur are gone. I know the bad design, I did not invented it. Old times was only fuel filters and replacement was 2 minutes job. The fuel supply unit replacement takes may be 20-30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,180 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Job done, and a big difference noted.

The mechanic told the wife (she collected the car) that Opel were doing a recall due to a fault.

Couldn't find anything about it though.

Have a look through all the recalls that go on !! Faulty steering, brakes …… Scary !
    https://car-recalls.eu/

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

greenspurs wrote: »
    Job done, and a big difference noted.

The mechanic told the wife (she collected the car) that Opel were doing a recall due to a fault.

Couldn't find anything about it though.

Have a look through all the recalls that go on !! Faulty steering, brakes …… Scary !
    https://car-recalls.eu/

thanks for the "recall" website, I didn't know of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

w211 wrote: »
    2 years old and already stretched, I do not believe. It is possible only if it was driven within 2 years 300k or you never ever changed the oil.

Timing chains on the whisper quiet diesel engines are failing with alarming regularity. I wouldn't consider one under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,180 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Timing chains on the whisper quiet diesel engines are failing with alarming regularity. I wouldn't consider one under any circumstances.

Source ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement