boards.ie Mobile
Page 5 of 544
« First < 345 671555105505 > Last »
After Hours>What book are you reading atm??
gutenberg 23:02 16-08-2011
Originally Posted by Bookworm85:
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.

Only started it today, but its pretty good so far.
I read that just last week, compelling stuff!
[Quote] [Thank]
stovelid 23:07 16-08-2011
Raising Your Spirited Child - Mary Sheedy Kurcinka

Licks of Love - John Updike
[Quote] [Thank]
Lady Chatterton 23:08 16-08-2011 (1 Thanks)
The Secret Scripture - Sebastian Barry
[Quote] [Thank]
Tesco Massacre 23:10 16-08-2011
The Pale King by David Foster Wallace
[Quote] [Thank]
housetypeb 23:17 16-08-2011 (3 Thanks)
Originally Posted by black francis:
Hyperion.

and yes I would recommend.
+1
Anything by Dan Simmons is good, I'v read most of his stuff ,loved Hyperion and The fall of Hyperion and am re-reading The rise of Endymion at the moment.
[Quote] [Thank]
Dermighty 23:19 16-08-2011 (2 Thanks)
Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
[Quote] [Thank]
py2006 23:21 16-08-2011 (3 Thanks)
Originally Posted by steve9859:
My childhood reading was defined by Salems Lot, Christine. and Cujo. But the best of all was 'It'. A marathon at 1000 odd pages, but just the most brilliant and imaginative story I have ever read. Bar none. And I've reaf a lot! In fact, I think I am going to get onto Amazon and give it another go
Yep, IT is an amazing book! He is at his best when writing about day to day life from a children/teenagers perspective!

Think of the movie 'Stand by Me' which is an adaptation of his novella 'The Body'
[Quote] [Thank]
abitofacomedian 23:22 16-08-2011 (1 Thanks)
Just finished A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Immediately ordered the second book on Book Depository, it was a great read. Can't believe I didn't know about it until now.

Until that arrives, I am reading For the love of Physics by Walter Lewin. A great read for anyone interested in physics. I'd also recommend you check out his physics lectures on MIT Open course ware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zc9Nuoe2Ow
[Quote] [Thank]
Mickeroo 23:23 16-08-2011
Originally Posted by black francis:
Hyperion.

and yes I would recommend.
Ah that's a great book. You reading the Omnibus one with Fall of Hyperion included? I've read the first half of the follow up Endymion, it's really good too, still haven't gotten around to Rise of Endymion yet, might have to re-read Endymion first since it's been so long.

Originally Posted by abitofacomedian:
Just finished A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Immediately ordered the second book on Book Depository, it was a great read. Can't believe I didn't know about it until now.
I think that will be my next book, I think I'll hold off on the 2nd one until after season 2 of the show comes out, don't want know what happens before hand!! :)
[Quote] [Thank]
KnifeWRENCH 23:30 16-08-2011 (2 Thanks)
Currently about halfway through Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. It's the second Rushdie book I bought (read The Satanic Verses last year) and I really like them both. Rushdie has a knack for excellent, if somewhat bizarre, storytelling.
[Quote] [Thank]
Red Hand 23:32 16-08-2011 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by housetypeb:
+1
Anything by Dan Simmons is good, I'v read most of his stuff ,loved Hyperion and The fall of Hyperion and am re-reading The rise of Endymion at the moment.
Read Ilium and Olympos...great science fiction reads...mad stuff altogether.
[Quote] [Thank]
Aldebaran 23:40 16-08-2011 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Arnold Layne:
Likewise, I bought the first 4 books after watching Game Of Thrones. Can't wait to start A Storm Of Swords as the story is getting better & better
Just finished A Clash of Kings mere moments ago, absolutely loved it, epic does not begin to describe this series.

I think I'll wait a while before I start on A Storm of Swords though, don't want to get through them too quickly and be faced with a horribly long wait for the next one after I finish A Dance with Dragons!
[Quote] [Thank]
Toots 23:56 16-08-2011 (2 Thanks)
Re-reading the True Blood books ATM, I'm on book 9 - Dead And Gone
[Quote] [Thank]
pablomakaveli 00:01 17-08-2011 (1 Thanks)
I'm reading the third installment of the Warrior of Rome series which im really enjoying.

The main character is an Angle and his two companions are a Hibernian and a Caledonian. (An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman):D
[Quote] [Thank]
Contessa Raven 00:37 17-08-2011 (1 Thanks)
I'm currently reading Men of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong. It's the 9th book in her Otherworld series.

It's one of my favourite series of all time and I would highly recommend it. :)
[Quote] [Thank]
Tags:atm, books, literature, nude conspiracy, pin
Page 5 of 544
« First < 345 671555105505 > Last »

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet