boards.ie Mobile
Page 5 of 475
« First < 345 671555105 > Last »
After Hours>Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning
Srameen 15:20 26-03-2018 (25 Thanks)
An unexpected royalties cheque in the post. Something from years back was added to the reading list for a college course in the UK, apparently.
I love pleasant surprises in the post.
[Quote] [Thank]
Graces7 19:59 26-03-2018 (8 Thanks)
Watching the big cat who has just come in from the rain assiduously washing, or rather drying himself off... Now his sister has joined in....so there is now a great furry heap of cats ,,
[Quote] [Thank]
Boom_Bap 15:32 27-03-2018 (13 Thanks)
huhuhuhuhuhu
a colleague sent me an image file today called DoubleEntryShots.jpg
it's totally related to work, but I'm surprised that alarms haven't gone off in IT and my machine confiscated.
[Quote] [Thank]
Srameen 16:01 27-03-2018 (21 Thanks)
The smile a little note of thanks gives.

Mrs S sometimes knits little hats for premature babies, for use in Neonatal Intensive Care Units in Dublin and Belfast. A 'wee note' came today with a photo of a baby wearing one of her hats. Nice thought and I'll benefit from the smile it brought.

We should all make an effort to thank people. It so often is an intention that goes unfulfilled.
[Quote] [Thank]
Sephiroth_dude 16:41 27-03-2018 (22 Thanks)
Just in the door and my mam told me my sister is gone into labour since mid night last night :eek: :D
[Quote] [Thank]
Jack Kanoff 16:51 27-03-2018 (13 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude:
Just in the door and my mam told me my sister is gone into labour since mid night last night :eek: :D
Have you got a Pussycat gif for this? :D
Hope all goes well Uncle Seph
[Quote] [Thank]
Sephiroth_dude 19:45 27-03-2018 (23 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude:
Just in the door and my mam told me my sister is gone into labour since mid night last night :eek: :D
Just became an uncle again for the second time in almost a month :D Beautiful little boy :D, so happy for them.
[Quote] [Thank]
Rubberlegs 19:58 27-03-2018 (13 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude:
Just became an uncle again for the second time in almost a month :D Beautiful little boy :D, so happy for them.
Congratulations!! :)

TH that my nearest and dearest drive me up the walls a lot of the time, but when I really need them they are there :)
[Quote] [Thank]
Bambi985 22:51 27-03-2018 (23 Thanks)
There's this lovely new girl at work who compliments me every day, whether it's my hair or a skirt I'm wearing or my eyelashes or whatever. Today she told me my skin was fabulous and we girly-chatted about our favourite skincare products for about an hour.

I was glowing leaving the office and it made me realise how much of a lovely, selfless and totally effortless thing it is to be that person that pays compliments to the people around them every chance they get. It's like injecting a little ray of sunshine into someone's day. I'm going to try to do that more :)
[Quote] [Thank]
branie2 23:42 27-03-2018 (4 Thanks)
Watching Game Night at the cinema this evening. It was very funny.
[Quote] [Thank]
Graces7 08:36 28-03-2018 (5 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Bambi985:
There's this lovely new girl at work who compliments me every day, whether it's my hair or a skirt I'm wearing or my eyelashes or whatever. Today she told me my skin was fabulous and we girly-chatted about our favourite skincare products for about an hour.

I was glowing leaving the office and it made me realise how much of a lovely, selfless and totally effortless thing it is to be that person that pays compliments to the people around them every chance they get. It's like injecting a little ray of sunshine into someone's day. I'm going to try to do that more :)
Lovely post to start the day; thank you.

Happy to be here with so many lovely folk. Missed all this so much when I had no electricity etc. THANK YOU!
[Quote] [Thank]
rainbow kirby 09:27 28-03-2018 (21 Thanks)
Exactly 2 years ago I was cuddling my firstborn son for the first time in the birth centre after he became the best Easter egg ever! Happy birthday little dude :)
[Quote] [Thank]
Graces7 10:34 28-03-2018 (6 Thanks)
Happy and relieved that when I steeled myself to call a garage re the car , the man was kindness itself and so helpful.

Had got very complicated here on the island so am happy indeed.

Happy i can thus rest today as I seem to be "bugged"... nasty! But snug now. Listening to occasional hail showers ..
[Quote] [Thank]
Graces7 10:35 28-03-2018 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by rainbow kirby:
Exactly 2 years ago I was cuddling my firstborn son for the first time in the birth centre after he became the best Easter egg ever! Happy birthday little dude :)
If there is an award for the happiest post;YOU WON! Tears in my eyes
[Quote] [Thank]
Srameen 11:10 28-03-2018 (22 Thanks)
It just gets better...I'm on roll.
Did Tax returns online Monday night just out of habit, as we had no addition medical or such to claim for 2017.
This morning I'm informed that a refund of €2004 is on its way to the bank account.


And found €40 in the pocket of a coat I put on this morning.

Drinks are on me.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 5 of 475
« First < 345 671555105 > Last »


Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet