boards.ie Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
After Hours>How early is too early to go to bed?
Neames 21:57 04-02-2019
I was up this morning at 5.30...bed last night at 11.

Bed usually between 12 and 1. Up for 7.30.
[Quote] [Thank]
Dakotabigone 22:00 04-02-2019
Typical Irish thing to have to do the riding in the bedroom.
[Quote] [Thank]
khaldrogo 22:10 04-02-2019
Asleep around 1am. Up around 7.30am
[Quote] [Thank]
Cornelius Crow 22:18 04-02-2019 (13 Thanks)
Awake at 05:30, up at 6, out at 06:30. Don’t get home from work til ~8pm, need to wind down and chill out then. Should go to bed earlier but just can’t. Earliest I’m usually asleep is 11 which is too late.

I came home from work early once upon a time, had a splitting headache so went to bed at 6pm, woke at 7:45pm but thought it was 07:45am. Got into an awfully worked up state, washed face, brushed teeth, dragged on some clothes, jumped in the car and almost made it to work only for the friend I had text to say I’d be late ringing me to talk me down.. I had to pull over on the side of the road and it took a few minutes for him to reassure me that he wasn’t joking and it really was nighttime. So to answer your question OP 6pm is too early to go to bed IMO.
[Quote] [Thank]
ForestFire 22:19 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by kal7:
I have it in my head that being in bed before 9.30pm is a bit sad.

No response why? Now we have a little one, I don't care much anymore
Not old enough yet to stay up and watch Glenroe?
[Quote] [Thank]
Dakotabigone 22:21 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by ForestFire:
Not old enough yet to stay up and watch Glenroe?
That trash was on at half 8.
[Quote] [Thank]
tatranska 22:23 04-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by LirW:
I have a toddler, what is this sleep you're talking about?!
Don't worry about it...it's just a myth :)
[Quote] [Thank]
amcalester 22:24 04-02-2019
Up at 6 and in bed before 11:30, more likely to go to bed “early” at the weekend than during the week.
[Quote] [Thank]
AllForIt 22:29 04-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
I'm always perplexed by the way this question is framed.

The specific time you get up or go to bed is entirely irrelevant. The specific times are irrelevant. It's about how many hours you sleep and if your getting enough for yourself. I think it's universally accepted that the amount of hours sleep one needs is completely individual.

Margaret Thatcher slept 4 hours per night it was widely reported. Preceded by a whiskey or 2 which I always found quite fascinating. I can't imagine Thatcher drinking at all least of all whiskey. Anyway, I digress. I was just alluding to the fact that ppl's sleeping requirements are individual and in some cases vary wildly.
[Quote] [Thank]
nox001 22:39 04-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Rarely in bed before 12 and usually 30 mins at least to get to sleep, alarm goes around 8:20 and up around 8:30 or so in the morning.

The period from 9 to 12 or so is my favorite part of the day.

I’m a night owl so given the choice I’d much prefer to be able to wait up until 2 or 3am and get up around 11am or so.
[Quote] [Thank]
bluewolf 22:42 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by AllForIt:
I'm always perplexed by the way this question is framed.

The specific time you get up or go to bed is entirely irrelevant. The specific times are irrelevant. It's about how many hours you sleep and if your getting enough for yourself. I think it's universally accepted that the amount of hours sleep one needs is completely individual.

Margaret Thatcher slept 4 hours per night it was widely reported. Preceded by a whiskey or 2 which I always found quite fascinating. I can't imagine Thatcher drinking at all least of all whiskey. Anyway, I digress. I was just alluding to the fact that ppl's sleeping requirements are individual and in some cases vary wildly.
I imagine circadian rhythm or whatever does impact what time you sleep being beneficial though
[Quote] [Thank]
Amirani 22:44 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by AllForIt:
I've heard some medical people hypothesise that this may have been a contributory factor to her mental decline later in life.
[Quote] [Thank]
killanena 22:47 04-02-2019
I go to bed around 11-12, get up at 5. 20 minute walk to work for 6.

Sometimes, maybe once or twice a month I do an "evening" shift. 3pm-11pm. I can't sleep for hours after them and usually just decide to stay up all night and go straight through the next day till about 10pm as these evening shifts are always followed by a day off.

Normal days off I might go to bed around 1-2am and get up for 9ish.
[Quote] [Thank]
Dial Hard 22:47 04-02-2019 (3 Thanks)
Originally Posted by bluewolf:
I imagine circadian rhythm or whatever does impact what time you sleep being beneficial though
The individual's cirdcadian rhythm absolutely does. It's pretty much accepted at this stage that there are larks and owls. Owls in particular do quite badly when forced out of their natural rhythm, even when still getting their optimum amount of sleep.

I'm more fascinated by the number of people on this thread who only get up at 8am!
[Quote] [Thank]
sdanseo 22:48 04-02-2019
Usually in bed by 12.30, at least a half an hour to wind down, watch the telly and fall asleep. Up at 7.45.
Even with 6/7hrs a night I still play catch up at the weekends. Probably need more like 8hrs.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet