boards.ie Mobile
Page 3 of 42
< 123 4513 > Last »
After Hours>Minister for Health Simon Harris and family trapped in home by protesters.
Grab All Association 16:23 10-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
I’m sure he’s a nice guy with good intentions but why he ever took this position on in the first place at the start of his political career was political suicide. He needs to resign for his own sake more than the country’s imho. The HSE needs to be dismantled completely and responsibility handed over to county councils/health boards again. The system wasn’t perfect then but it was never this bad. For any political party the minister for health should always be the veteran candidate who is the least likely to run at the next general election.
[Quote] [Thank]
Omackeral 16:23 10-02-2019 (43 Thanks)
Originally Posted by A Tyrant Named Miltiades!:
I find it difficult to get upset about this.
Going to a private residence en mass is beyond. His wife did nothing wrong. They have a newborn there too. There's a time and a place for legitimate protest. This is not the time, the place nor is it legitimate.
[Quote] [Thank]
Calltocall 16:24 10-02-2019 (9 Thanks)
There are serious knackers now protesting at many contentious issues, health, evictions whatever the issue they are there, wastes of space who offer no solutions and probably have contributed very little in their own lives to this country but of course that’s all someone elses fault, I’m not a fan of harris or politicians in general but it’s a dirty move targetting someones family home.
[Quote] [Thank]
Plumbthedepths 16:25 10-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by _Brian:
Buncholf out of control knackers.

Your edit didn't work, try again.
[Quote] [Thank]
Wheeliebin30 16:25 10-02-2019 (3 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Grab All Association:
I’m sure he’s a nice guy with good intentions but why he ever took this position on in the first place at the start of his political career was political suicide. He needs to resign for his own sake more than the country’s imho. The HSE needs to be dismantled completely and responsibility handed over to county councils/health boards again. The system wasn’t perfect then but it was never this bad. For any political party the minister for health should always be the veteran candidate who is the least likely to run at the next general election.
So he resigns.

What next for the HSE?
[Quote] [Thank]
Sleeper12 16:27 10-02-2019 (5 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Jaelynn Round Pirate:
That is an absolutely scummy thing to do.

Agreed.

Someone's private residence should be off bounds for protests. There are plenty of places to protest without it effecting his family and private life
[Quote] [Thank]
A Tyrant Named Miltiades! 16:27 10-02-2019 (11 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Juanito13:
All problems that existed prior to his tenure as minister for health. He doesn’t have a magic wand.
Firstly, FG has been in power for 8 years, it's time to end this 'inherited mess' nonsense.

Secondly, he, as part of the Government, has decided to reduce the resources available to the Government by lowering taxation, which is a pro-cyclical, destructive policy.

Let nobody be mistaken, such policies end with people dying unnecessarily. I'm sorry that Simon Harris was bothered on his weekend off, but there are people out there who rely on public services who are enduring far more real problems, including the unnecessary death of loved ones, via austerity and funding cutbacks.

My sympathy is very limited.
[Quote] [Thank]
Plumbthedepths 16:27 10-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Wheeliebin30:
What next for the HSE?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't FG as an election promise in 2011 promise to dismantle the HSE one can only assume they had a plan on what came next, or do you think they lied?
[Quote] [Thank]
Grab All Association 16:27 10-02-2019
So he resigns.

What next for the HSE?
That’s for the new chump, I mean minister.
[Quote] [Thank]
EdgeCase 16:28 10-02-2019 (4 Thanks)
So he resigns.

What next for the HSE?
That's the problem : it's been a mess for as long as I've been alive and it's chewed up and broken well intentioned ministers who've tried to tackle it and just carried on regardless.

Looks like we're prepared to keep rinsing, repeating, pinning the blame on an individual politician and failing to reform anything.
[Quote] [Thank]
lbc2019 16:30 10-02-2019 (4 Thanks)
The Idiot yellow vest brigade at it again...
[Quote] [Thank]
padd b1975 16:31 10-02-2019 (8 Thanks)
Éirígí scum I'd imagine.

Completely indefensible behaviour.
[Quote] [Thank]
eagle eye 16:31 10-02-2019 (5 Thanks)
How long is a piece of string?
To raise a topical example, the fact that our nurses are rushing around trying to manage twice or three times the number of patients than is safe.

Or how about the lack of primary care facilities that should be able to detect and treat problems, especially in the elderly, before they have to present at an acute hospital?
How about patients lying on trolleys because there isn't the capacity to admit them, when they need medical treatment?
Shall we discuss psychiatric hospitals, and the near absence of public resources for people suffering with mental illness, until they reach a point where they become a danger to themselves or to others.
All of these factors are interrelated, and all reduce the life expectancy of patients who deserve better. This occurs by dint of a conscious decision of our Government to trade health outcomes for middle-class votes.
As I said, I am sorry the Minister experienced this, but there are families struggling every day with a lot worse, because of his decisions.
I think these problems all existed before he became Minister for Health.
I agree there is a lot wrong but why go after this man?
[Quote] [Thank]
retro:electro 16:32 10-02-2019 (23 Thanks)
How long is a piece of string?

To raise a topical example, the fact that our nurses are rushing around trying to manage twice or three times the number of patients than is safe.

Or how about the lack of primary care facilities that should be able to detect and treat problems, especially in the elderly, before they have to present at an acute hospital?

How about patients lying on trolleys because there isn't the capacity to admit them, when they need medical treatment?

Shall we discuss psychiatric hospitals, and the near absence of public resources for people suffering with mental illness, until they reach a point where they become a danger to themselves or to others?

All of these factors are interrelated, and all reduce the life expectancy of patients who deserve better. This occurs by dint of a conscious decision of our Government to trade health outcomes for middle-class votes.

As I said, I am sorry the Minister experienced this, but there are families struggling every day with a lot worse, because of his decisions.
As unfortunate as those conditions are, Simon is not directly responsible for this crisis, nor is his 3 week old daughter whose peace these scumbags decided to disturb when they landed on their doorstep today to shout and scream abuse.
Your home should be off limits.
[Quote] [Thank]
Hurrache 16:34 10-02-2019 (11 Thanks)
Originally Posted by lbc2019:
The Idiot yellow vest brigade at it again...
Did you see the video of the yellow vest protestors in France having a big fight over the weekend? They were fighting with another gang of yellow vest protestors.

That's the level of intelligence that gets involved with that idiot show.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 3 of 42
< 123 4513 > Last »

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet