boards.ie Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you have an phobia?
Yes 42 65.63%
No 14 21.88%
Other 1 1.56%
Atari Jaguar 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
After Hours>Do you have an phobia?
Tiguan Joe 18:34 11-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by bubblypop:
Trypophobia

You left out mine

[Quote] [Thank]
DubInMeath 18:42 11-02-2019 (3 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Strumms:
I used to have only one fear, but in a BIG way...fear of the dentist..Dentophobia. It was influenced by a couple of bad experiences with one guy in Collins Ave in Whitehall, Dublin when I was about 16/17. He was a ****îng horrible cûnt and his nurse wasn’t much better although maybe she could be excused to a point having up put up with him 40 hours a week.
If its the prick that's was near the Garda station when I was the same age I know who your talking about. Stopped going to him after two visits. Said I needed two teeth filled when I didn't. Felt like bs so went to another dentist and was told that the teeth in question were fine, only had to get a filling in one of them last year (nearly 25 years later).

Closest thing to a phobia is bees/wasps as I get a very bad reaction to their sting, I have to try very hard to not become a arm flailing lunatic when at close quarters with them.
[Quote] [Thank]
Srameen 19:00 11-02-2019 (10 Thanks)
I definitely have dentophobia following childhood experience.

My favourite phobia is aibohphobia, which is a fear of palindromes.
[Quote] [Thank]
Roger Hassenforder 19:03 11-02-2019 (5 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Srameen:
I definitely have dentophobia following childhood experience.

My favourite phobia is aibohobia, which is a fear of palindromes.
Ive a pphobia
Fear of missing 'p's
[Quote] [Thank]
Zorya 19:35 11-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
I would walk a thousand miles to get wherever I was going rather than be driven ever again along a windy road with a steep drop to one side.

I would jump off said steep incline rather than drive myself along such a road. Don't think I could do it even upon pain of death. It is the kind of fear that literally freezes me mute.

Besides that, nothing. I like all bugs, animals, etc
[Quote] [Thank]
Strumms 20:12 11-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by DubInMeath:
If its the prick that's was near the Garda station when I was the same age I know who your talking about. Stopped going to him after two visits. Said I needed two teeth filled when I didn't. Felt like bs so went to another dentist and was told that the teeth in question were fine, only had to get a filling in one of them last year (nearly 25 years later).

Closest thing to a phobia is bees/wasps as I get a very bad reaction to their sting, I have to try very hard to not become a arm flailing lunatic when at close quarters with them.

I hear your pain, my Guy was in a kip of a health center directly opposite St Aidan’s CBS on Collins AVE. It still stands today although looks to be seldom if ever in use. The dentist was 50ish and the double of Alex Ferguson at same age. Probably the biggest horrible cûnt with maybe one exception who I ever met. I remember trying to get up and leave only for him to put his hand on my forehead and push me back into the chair ...”you ARE going NOWHERE....DONT move! “

Incidentally I also had a fear of wasp / bee stings until I was stung for the first time last year. Not that bad.
[Quote] [Thank]
Optimalprimerib 20:17 11-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
I can't find it, but I have a fear of broken bones
[Quote] [Thank]
rgodard80a 20:25 11-02-2019 (6 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Roger Hassenforder:
Ive a pphobia
Fear of missing 'p's
No, that's called incontinence.
[Quote] [Thank]
Ten of Swords 20:31 11-02-2019 (3 Thanks)
Even if you never knew what it was called I think we can all relate to anatidaephobia

[Quote] [Thank]
DubInMeath 20:34 11-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Strumms:
I hear your pain, my Guy was in a kip of a health center directly opposite St Aidan’s CBS on Collins AVE. It still stands today although looks to be seldom if ever in use. The dentist was 50ish and the double of Alex Ferguson at same age. Probably the biggest horrible cûnt with maybe one exception who I ever met. I remember trying to get up and leave only for him to put his hand on my forehead and push me back into the chair ...”you ARE going NOWHERE....DONT move! “

Incidentally I also had a fear of wasp / bee stings until I was stung for the first time last year. Not that bad.
Think I know that place but never in it.

I get really bad swelling and burning from them. Last one I got was near my eye. Was working in a doctors surgery, walked out got stung and did an about face into the surgery to get antihistamines and even with them I still looked like the elephant man for 24 hours.
[Quote] [Thank]
retro:electro 20:34 11-02-2019 (4 Thanks)
Heights. Used to be the dentist but that wasn’t so bad the last few times I’ve went so I think I’m over that now.
My dentist phobia began when I was about 8 I got a piece of the seed of popcorn stuck between my bottom teeth. I had to go to the dentist to have it removed, and this was back in the day of the Health Boards. I was basically stuck into the chair with him hanging over me while a fag hung out of his mouth, one knee leaning on the chair scraping in between each tooth bit by bit like he was scraping dried in wax off a surface with a blade. Horrific.
[Quote] [Thank]
Rubberlegs 20:56 11-02-2019 (4 Thanks)
I can't find a name for it but I have a genuine fear of someone sitting on my feet when I'm in bed and bending them the wrong way
[Quote] [Thank]
Mena Mitty 20:57 11-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
I have a fear of being a front seat passenger in a car driven by a bad driver. My heart is usually in my mouth. Is there a name for it.

I also go through phases were I see 'faces' in everything, trees, walls, flowers, fire, there is a name for it but it's on the tip of my tongue in a manner of speaking as I write.
[Quote] [Thank]
Ten of Swords 21:00 11-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Mena Mitty:
I have a fear of being a front seat passenger in a car driven by a bad driver. My heart is usually in my mouth. Is there a name for it.
I believe op named it on their extensive list

Originally Posted by Tiguan Joe:
Amaxophobia- Fear of riding in a car.
Unless... I misunderstood this one :pac:
[Quote] [Thank]
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts 22:16 11-02-2019 (5 Thanks)
Spiders. A switch just trips in my head when I see one. Their legs. The way they move. And I don’t care that they take care of flies in the home. There are other ways to deal with that.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet