boards.ie Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
After Hours>International women's day Mass protest
Silentcorner 20:51 11-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by One eyed Jack:
And yet making things up is what you appear to have just done?

Now, I’m not a feminist, and as soon as I saw the mention of Ruth Coppinger in the article in the opening post, I sighed and eye rolled. Thankfully, I do not imagine Ms. Coppinger represents, or speaks for the female demographic in Ireland, let alone Western society.

So that kinda begs the question for me regarding your comment that “women... have access to way more power and influence than they deserve”, how much power and influence do you imagine half the members of any given society should have exactly if we were to balance the distribution of power and influence solely upon sex?

I would say each should represent their own, so I don’t have any issue with women representing themselves, whatever their politics. I also object to the likes of an idiot with a plastic bag on his head portraying himself as the equivalent of Ruth Coppinger for men, but again I’m aware that there are men who identify with the idiot in the same way as there are women who identify with idiots. I don’t consider either of those representatives a credible threat to Irish society is all, so if they want to make exhibitions of themselves, let them off. They can be safely ignored.
By access to power I am referring to the many many well funded (taxpayer funded) lobby groups that pile pressure on Government Ministers to fund their causes, which is one reason why an abused husband has no where to go and an abused wife has way more options.

A woman in this country has better access to education, health and justice than a man in this country....surely in an egalitarian state this would not happen!

Now, I don't believe is has gotten as bad here as it is in other countries like the US, but with weak willed ministers like Harris, and Mitchell O'Connor anything is possible.

Gender quotas, which are manifestly undemocratic have been implemented across this state and most other states in the developed world....I assure you, I am not making anything up!
[Quote] [Thank]
One eyed Jack 21:24 11-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Silentcorner:
By access to power I am referring to the many many well funded (taxpayer funded) lobby groups that pile pressure on Government Ministers to fund their causes, which is one reason why an abused husband has no where to go and an abused wife has way more options.

Has it escaped your attention that those same Government Ministers are predominantly male? I wouldn’t say they ultimately have the power to determine how or where public funds are distributed, but they have more of a say than women all the same. The lack of domestic violence shelters for men isn’t so much a lack of funding issue so much as it is simply a lack of demand issue. I dunno about you, but I think there’s enough public funds wasted on vanity projects already without wasting more money on domestic violence shelters for men when there appears to be no demand for them. They’re not an ideal place for women and their children either.


Originally Posted by :
A woman in this country has better access to education, health and justice than a man in this country....surely in an egalitarian state this would not happen!

You’re going to have to be a hell of a lot more specific than that, because access to education isn’t determined by sex, nor is access to health, nor access to justice. Depending upon your perspective of course your point of view is going to be coloured one way or the other, but as far as policies are concerned, your claims just don’t stand up.


Originally Posted by :
Now, I don't believe is has gotten as bad here as it is in other countries like the US, but with weak willed ministers like Harris, and Mitchell O'Connor anything is possible.

Other countries like the US are bad? Jesus Christ. Again you’re pointing to a country where you claim women have an unfair power and influence over men, yet it’s generally men in the positions of power and influence who come up with the policies under which both men and women tend to suffer.


Originally Posted by :
Gender quotas, which are manifestly undemocratic have been implemented across this state and most other states in the developed world....I assure you, I am not making anything up!

I genuinely don’t mind gender quotas tbh. They’re based upon the presumption that a person’s political views are based upon their sex. It’s only a matter of time before they’ll have to go back to the drawing board when it isn’t panning out the way it’s implementors had hoped.
[Quote] [Thank]
conorhal 21:53 11-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
What's all this? Another unpaid day off ladies?

That's not going to do much to close the wage gap.
[Quote] [Thank]
Mad_maxx 21:56 11-02-2019 (6 Thanks)
Imagine all the wheely bins which won't be collected that day
[Quote] [Thank]
TheDavester 22:01 11-02-2019 (7 Thanks)
If it was cheaper to hire/pay a woman than a man, why aren’t companies mainly female or hiring only female
[Quote] [Thank]
RHJ 22:05 11-02-2019 (5 Thanks)
Originally Posted by TheDavester:
If it was cheaper to hire/pay a woman than a man, why aren’t companies mainly female?
Because the gender pay gap is a lie that has been repeated so many times that people now seem to believe it's true. You never hear the same people complaining about the lack of men working in fields such as nursing, teaching or childcare.
[Quote] [Thank]
Silentcorner 22:05 11-02-2019 (5 Thanks)
Originally Posted by One eyed Jack:
Has it escaped your attention that those same Government Ministers are predominantly male? I wouldn’t say they ultimately have the power to determine how or where public funds are distributed, but they have more of a say than women all the same. The lack of domestic violence shelters for men isn’t so much a lack of funding issue so much as it is simply a lack of demand issue. I dunno about you, but I think there’s enough public funds wasted on vanity projects already without wasting more money on domestic violence shelters for men when there appears to be no demand for them. They’re not an ideal place for women and their children either.





You’re going to have to be a hell of a lot more specific than that, because access to education isn’t determined by sex, nor is access to health, nor access to justice. Depending upon your perspective of course your point of view is going to be coloured one way or the other, but as far as policies are concerned, your claims just don’t stand up.





Other countries like the US are bad? Jesus Christ. Again you’re pointing to a country where you claim women have an unfair power and influence over men, yet it’s generally men in the positions of power and influence who come up with the policies under which both men and women tend to suffer.





I genuinely don’t mind gender quotas tbh. They’re based upon the presumption that a person’s political views are based upon their sex. It’s only a matter of time before they’ll have to go back to the drawing board when it isn’t panning out the way it’s implementors had hoped.
Jesus, you really have drank the cool aid...do you really believe that men are not physically, emotionally abused in large numbers, men are by some distance least likely to report abuse, (approx 5% of abused men will report abuse it is believed)for obvious reasons.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mens-domes...34811-Dec2017/

Access to third level education is gained through our points system, girls have been outperforming boys for decades allowing them greater options when it comes to education, except in STEM of course which is now subject to all kinds of equality programs....imagine if it was the other way round!

The state offers women healthcare that is not extended to men, certain cancer treatments for example, men die younger.

A woman in this country will receive a lower sentence than a man for a comparable crime (I am aware that men commit much more crimes), if a woman murders her husband she will not receive the same sentence as a man who murders his wife, she is more likely to avoid a conviction by some distance either, the same applies for all types of crimes that people commit.

Take a look at the kangaroo courts US Universities that have done huge damage to many young men. https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...mpus-rape-lie/


Just because women are not succeeding in getting elected in the same numbers as men does not mean there is something inherently wrong with the system or the electorate...it is very very difficult to get elected and it should be....it is not perfect, but reform the entire system as opposed to shoe horning individuals based on a collective identity.

Political Quotas are undemocratic, full stop, we wouldn't tolerate a quota of catholics, or muslims or any other collective, nor should we...the people we elect represent all of us, man or woman...until the lobby groups get their teeth into them that is!

We need to rid ourselves of our belief that it is only one gender that is problematic, it is doing more harm than good.
[Quote] [Thank]
Maryanne84 22:06 11-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
A walkout led by Ruth Coppinger. What a surprise. Daft uainseach.
[Quote] [Thank]
cannotlogin 22:07 11-02-2019 (27 Thanks)
I'm female and so sick of this sh***.

I've never been denied access to anything specifically because I'm female.

Paid equally, no complaints. The only women I know personally who are in favour of gender quotas etc.are the ones who wouldn't advance without them.

Men and women can never be fully equal because guess what, we are different! Physically, mentally etc. It's like apples and oranges.

Most men treat me well, as do must women. Some people are just assholes but gender is irrelevant.

Men & women compliment each other and it's the differences that make it work.

Usually anything Ruth Coppinger supports, I don't.
[Quote] [Thank]
kildare lad 22:09 11-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
A load of white, middle class, blue haired college sjw students and eternally " oppressed " women, it sounds like a fun protest.
[Quote] [Thank]
TheDavester 22:09 11-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by cannotlogin:
I'm female and so sick of this sh***.

I've never been denied access to anything specifically because I'm female.

Paid equally, no complaints. The only women I know personally who are in favour of gender quotas etc.are the ones who wouldn't advance without them.

Men and women can never be fully equal because guess what, we are different! Physically, mentally etc. It's like apples and oranges.

Most men treat me well, as do must women. Some people are just assholes but gender is irrelevant.

Men & women compliment each other and it's the differences that make it work.

Usually anything Ruth Coppinger supports, I don't.
is there an election coming up, Ruth seems desperate to get the feminist/woke/sjw vote
[Quote] [Thank]
bubbles o hara 22:10 11-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by cannotlogin:
I'm female and so sick of this sh***.

I've never been denied access to anything specifically because I'm female.

Paid equally, no complaints. The only women I know personally who are in favour of gender quotas etc.are the ones who wouldn't advance without them.

Men and women can never be fully equal because guess what, we are different! Physically, mentally etc. It's like apples and oranges.

Most men treat me well, as do must women. Some people are just assholes but gender is irrelevant.

Men & women compliment each other and it's the differences that make it work.

Usually anything Ruth Coppinger supports, I don't.

Absolutely agree a gazillion %.
[Quote] [Thank]
Sweetemotion 22:25 11-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by jam_mac_jam:
After hours is the best advertising for why it's still needed. You will all be on bleating about men's day, nasty feminists and how women have it sooo easy .
It would give you a pain in your hole.

And you'll be bleating on the in same thread how every day is men's day.
[Quote] [Thank]
kildare lad 22:26 11-02-2019 (7 Thanks)
Has any company been named yet, for paying men more than women for doing the exact same work/ hours ??? I wonder how many successful, career women will be attending this march, zero id say.
[Quote] [Thank]
Ipso 22:36 11-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by TheDavester:
is there an election coming up, Ruth seems desperate to get the feminist/woke/sjw vote
Well stuff like this beats doing actual work to help her constituents.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >


Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet