Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

• 23-04-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Please use this thread for discussing anything to do with the "current" event on the European Tour, now called the DP World Tour.
    Post edited by slave1 on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,079 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Warning: Not an epic post.

Good start to Round 1 from our struggling journeyman ;) Peter Lawrie.
    At -4, he's one shot of the lead, play had to be suspended (about half the field have completed their first round) at the much talked about and eagerly awaited Ballintine's Championship in South Korea...

Damien McGraine also got 18 in with a round of -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

two european tour events on this week but unfortunately the Medeira Island Open is not televised this week as it is a wide open event and hopefully Damian McGrane can go well.

The Volvo match play needs to be moved back Wentworth to generate more interest imo (although this course in Bulgaria looks amazing) and I am also not a fan of the format but at least there is some interest with Lowry and G-mac playing.

Here is the full draw
    http://www.volvoingolf.com/volvoworldmatchplay.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Would agree on moving back to Wentworth...but I guess they are trying to build the game in other countries.
    PGA is there soon enough though, we can get our fix then!

GreeBo wrote: »
    Would agree on moving back to Wentworth...but I guess they are trying to build the game in other countries.
    PGA is there soon enough though, we can get our fix then!

I suppose it is a positive that it is being held in Europe rather than the back end of Asia and we might get to see some of the tournament live on T.V.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Looking forward to seeing this course in Bulgaria. One good thing about this format on TV is that you usually at least get a look at all the players. Sky have a great habit of focussing on certain players, and while you might be rooting for someone who is on the first page of the leaderboard, you may not see them at all on TV.

Really hope Damian McGrane goes well in Madeira.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

dont know if you need to be "friends" with lowry to view the video....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151377003091809

A video of one of the tee shots they face out in Bulgaria. Spectacular!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

With Volvo being the sponsor they will mkae sure it's played in areas of interest of the company. The earlier date in the year rules out Wentworth anyway due to the PGA. Lucky to have it on at all i suppose, didnt it miss a couple of years recently? Come on Lowry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

dont know if you need to be "friends" with lowry to view the video....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151377003091809

A video of one of the tee shots they face out in Bulgaria. Spectacular!

That's the 9th, Gmac just teed it. Looks worse on telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Fantastic looking course, give me this over Wentworth any day.

Jamie Donaldson first man out of the volvo being the only man to have lost both of his first round matches so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah, superb setting, looks like a tough enough test, holes being won with bogeys & doubles due to lost balls.

Interesting to see pros struggle once in a while rather than just seeing pins getting peppered constantly. Gives average Joe a bit of a boost knowing the top guys can duff the odd shot too!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was saying similar on Twitter yesterday.

I love Wentworth but this is arguably the most spectacular course I've seen on the European Tour now. Crans sur Sierre for the Swiss Open is the only thing to rival this really.

Peter Uihlein is 10under with 4 to play in todays round, thats serious shooting

Such a pity its not televised

edit:dropped 2 shots in last 4 holes still a great round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Peter Uihlein is 10under with 4 to play in todays round, thats serious shooting

Such a pity its not televised

edit:dropped 2 shots in last 4 holes still a great round

Ye 2 eagles and an albatross. Serious shooting. His dad is heavily involved with Titleist.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Ye 2 eagles and an albatross. Serious shooting. His dad is heavily involved with Titleist.

CEO level involved, how bad would that have been growing up. No adverts.ie for Peter.

He's had a very solid start to the year, been very impressed with the rounds I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭paulos53

Anybody watching Colsearts taking his penalty drop in the matchplay? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

paulos53 wrote: »
    Anybody watching Colsearts taking his penalty drop in the matchplay? :D

Yeah, his drive was bog-standard, but he sure hit the pitch flush :cool:

Just watching it on replay now... Was delayed dropping the kids off at the pool

Gmac through to the final against jaidee. They both won 3&2.

Come on Gmac,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Looks like it G Macs title. Played superbly throughout.
    Spectacular looking golf course Pity there seems to be only a couple of hundred people there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Great weeks golf from GMac, no bogies over the course of 2 rounds today is great going on a tricky little course.

Titleist kid Uilhein wins in Madeira as well, would love to see him flourish after the US media heads were sceptical to say the least of his decision to play in Europe. Great to see a young American talent willing to take the road less travelled

I think I read yesterday that a win would bring McDowell up to 7th in the world. Great win for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Looks like it G Macs title. Played superbly throughout.
    Spectacular looking golf course Pity there seems to be only a couple of hundred people there!

Yes there didn't appear to be many people watching. It is a spectacular course and made good viewing.

I thought Graeme was a bit shaky over the first 9 and played a few loose shots. He holed a couple of long putts to keep himself just one behind.

Jaidee hit a few lose shots in the back nine and Graeme kept it on the fairway.

Good win and nice to see a N.I./Irish man win the Matchplay and also the first person to win in Bulgaria on the European Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Nice to see Alan Dunbar within striking distance on the early leaderboard.

LinksLad wrote: »
    Nice to see Alan Dunbar within striking distance on the early leaderboard.

And he makes the cut aswell!

Manessaro is playing some unreal golf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

And he makes the cut aswell!

Manessaro is playing some unreal golf!

Yeah fair play to Dunbar, good start to his career, just saw Peter Lawrie had a crazy back 9 today, 1 par, 7 birdies and a triple bogey on a par three.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Hole in ones at the 7th and 12th yesterday for some Aussie lad Dodt I'm not familiar with.

Unbelievable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

ForeRight wrote: »
    Hole in ones at the 7th and 12th yesterday for some Aussie lad Dodt I'm not familiar with.

Unbelievable stuff.
    Nice to see that he's following it up with a good (-4 through 14) Saturday too. Someone who was a guest on Sky Sports coverage a month or so back had about a dozen or so aces to his name. His 1st and 2nd came on the same round!

As someone who has yet to have one - 2X lip-outs :mad: - I look forward very much to matching that...

LinksLad wrote: »
    As someone who has yet to have one - 2X lip-outs :mad: - I look forward very much to matching that.. At next months boards outing :) .

Fixed your post :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ernie is delighted to be back on a nice easy course for the BMW.

Making light work of the opening round and is in the lead at -9.

Advertisement