Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seeing as this is a new start, here's the classy stuff!

And a Link to the Past!
    And a Link to it's Past!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,278 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And a Link to the Past!

Simple, yet genius :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Dat new thread smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dat new thread smell.

metallic-thread-300x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Who dont love some Wesley Snipes!

tumblr_m2sbyw4wkz1r9ic49.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Apparently the Miami Police Dept aren't that fond of him!

6a01053645c43a970b0133f6498deb970b-pi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Not retro or even related to the thread.

Got some new sunburn on the weekend...... ouch...:P

Apparently the Miami Police Dept aren't that fond of him!

6a01053645c43a970b0133f6498deb970b-pi

ibzvEXKhOOVNag.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Good timing for me to start posting lol

Found this in a charity shop the other day, first non fifa/who wants to be a millionaire ps1 game Ive seen in a charity shop in months, anyone have this/played it before it seems pretty interesting.

TheStook wrote: »
    Good timing for me to start posting lol

Found this in a charity shop the other day, first non fifa/who wants to be a millionaire ps1 game Ive seen in a charity shop in months, anyone have this/played it before it seems pretty interesting.

Very nice find! D is a great experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

This came all the way from japan today...

312090.jpg

For anyone that doesnt know, it lets you play gameboy games on a SNES or Super Famicom.

Its essentially a gameboy in a snes cartridge, it even has the same hardware.

I literally only found out such a device existed a week or 2 ago in this Vectrex Roli video:

And put down a winning bid of £1 in an auction the same day.

Have a look at the wikipedia page for the device, its speed is out by about 2% compared to the original gameboy, however its successor, the Super Gameboy 2 fixes this, so maybe thats the one to get.

You can modify this one apparently to fix the issue.

Now i need to buy me some gameboy games!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Not entirely retro, but certainly retro related and I wanna try out the new thread, dammit.

These nice business cards arrived in the post this morning. Thanks Google.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Not entirely retro, but certainly retro related and I wanna try out the new thread, dammit.

These nice business cards arrived in the post this morning. Thanks Google.

That's a damn nice get

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Just so I'm not only messing, I ordered P4A yesterday, looking forward to it :p. Set up my PSN accounts, stunned most things I put in were taken, I would have been another week thinking of a new username

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Yesterdays finds, ps1 stuff I found few weeks back to lazy to post em then lol.

waveform wrote: »
    I literally only found out such a device existed a week or 2 ago

Really?? I'd have thought they were pretty common & everyone knew about them? Nice to have an NTSC-J one though :)

They're as common as Jordan I thought.
    I didn't know about the speed issues though.
    I know there's a nifty controller out there, by Nintendo, for use with the Super Gameboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,278 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Does anyone remember the ads on TV for them? They were fairly pushed from what I remember.

I've had one years but don't think I've ever used it. Might give it a go over the weekend.

Don't some games have extra features with them? (I think some of the Pokemon games were programmed to use with the Super Gameboy so they added extra colours?)

Space Invaders for the Gameboy is probably the most impressive.
    As a Gameboy title it's merely ok but plugged into the Super Gameboy and it's transformed, really really impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

o1s1n wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the ads on TV for them? They were fairly pushed from what I remember.

I've had one years but don't think I've ever used it. Might give it a go over the weekend.

Don't some games have extra features with them? (I think some of the Pokemon games were programmed to use with the Super Gameboy so they added extra colours?)

Yeah, the Pokémon games have fancy borders added when used on the Super Gameboy. That said, I have no idea where my Super Gameboy is.

177449-pokemon-blue-version-game-boy-screenshot-title-screen-on-super.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

in relation to the 1st post music video

o1s1n wrote: »

I think any of the DX labeled games, had some additional colours or something?

The other must have if you own a Super Gameboy is Donkey Kong on the GB.
    While it is a stunning title on the Gameboy, the precursor of the DK vs Mario series, when you plug it into the Super Gameboy it is transformed.
    It looks like a showcase for the device tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

The other must have if you own a Super Gameboy is Donkey Kong on the GB.
    While it is a stunning title on the Gameboy, the precursor of the DK vs Mario series, when you plug it into the Super Gameboy it is transformed.
    It looks like a showcase for the device tbh.

Do the extra features and graphical improvements work with the Gameboy player for the GameCube or are they only recognised on the Super Gameboy?

That I can't say.
    I have the GB Player as well so I shall experiment and report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I picked up an SP101 on adverts, its kind of a project. Screen is perfect, housing is awful. Paid €30 or was it €35, something like that anyway.

I'm picking up a logitech PS2/3 wheel later this afternoon which I cant wait to have in my collection. I'm hoping I can get it to work on my 360 with the right adapters too. If not its no big deal. I really just want it for the Ferrari game. The one that was in the arcades. Class.

Also picking up a pink GBA on Friday. Its funny I've never owned a gameboy (other than the DS) and now I'll own two of them in the matter of weeks.

Will post pics on the weekend when I have all 3 items together.

Other than that not very retro as pick ups as they are for 360 but i took my first trip to a tesco with games today since all the madness kicked off.

Resident Evil 4 for ps2 (I know its the inferior version, I already have it on Wii) it was €1

Red Faction Armegedon (I loved the games on PS2. Very underrated FPS imo, looking forward to giving this a go at some point)

PGR 4. I'm pickin up a logitech steering wheel later so I'm increasing my racing games.

007 Quantum of Solace - its rare I dont enjoy a 007 even if they are poorly rated.

Gears of War 2 with all the map packs - I sold this ages ago, wish I hadnt glad to pick it up again. My favourite horde games are in this one.

Need for speed undercover - had hot pursuit enjoyed it so we'll see how this one plays.

Prince of Persia Forgotten sands - havent played it so again looking foward to it. Looks nice in videos I've seen.

Duke Nukem Forever - Again I know this gets poor reviews but for only a few euro I was sold. I'll play it with a load of beer in me. It'll be fun. Come get some!!

Syndicate - I know nothing of this. Cover looked cool. Although I later saw EA had something to do with it. Oh oh spagetti oh.

ok seriously have to stop buying stuff!!

Was tempted to buy the retron 5 this morning when I saw it. Decided against it. So very tempted though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

So this finally arrived after nearly 2 and a half weeks. Few scratches, but the buttons and screen are perfect.

14481577596_f143772746.jpg

14318073079_d987613b4c.jpg

14318028480_caa29a2c66.jpg

My only problem, this is all I have to play on it atm till I find my other games.

14318227747_11d09300b6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Myrddin wrote: »
    Really?? I'd have thought they were pretty common & everyone knew about them? Nice to have an NTSC-J one though :)

Even back in the day in Ireland yeah?

I guess the main reason I didn't know about them is the fact I never, ever owned a Nintendo product up until i bought the Super Famicom 2 years ago! :P

They're as common as Jordan I thought.
    I didn't know about the speed issues though.
    I know there's a nifty controller out there, by Nintendo, for use with the Super Gameboy.

Vectrex Roli did a nice review video of just that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

That I can't say.
    I have the GB Player as well so I shall experiment and report back!

Cool, keep me posted if you get the time to try it out :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement