Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20% of Amazon Warehouse Deals

• 22-11-2017 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

From Amazon HERE

'On November 20th, 2017 from 00:01 BST till November 27th, 2017 at 23:59 BST only, Amazon customers get a 20% discount off of all products from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The 20% discount will be subtracted automatically at checkout. All participating products can be found in the Amazon Warehouse Deal's store. Not valid in combination with other discounts.'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think Spain is only for delivery of items in Spain.
    From November 19 2018, 00:00 BST through November 26 2018, 23:59 BST, Amazon customers get a 20% discount off of all products from Amazon Warehouse. The 20% discount will be subtracted automatically at checkout. All participating products can be found in this store. Not valid in combination with other discounts.

FAQ's are halfway down the UK page.

UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Warehouse-Deals/b?ie=UTF8&node=3581866031
    France - https://www.amazon.fr/Amazon-Offres-Reconditionnees/b/ref=footer_wrhsdls?ie=UTF8&node=3581943031
    Spain - https://www.amazon.es/Productos-Reacondicionados/b?ie=UTF8&node=3582001031
    Germany- https://www.amazon.de/Warehouse-Deals/b?ie=UTF8&node=3581963031
    Italy - https://www.amazon.it/Amazon-Warehouse-Deals/b?ie=UTF8&node=3581999031

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

This is back on again...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any good deals on 4k telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ok so this is strange, i went into the warehouse section.. and video games and spiderman for ps4 is coming up at 28.99 pounds.. no discount applied at checkout though?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ok so this is strange, i went into the warehouse section.. and video games and spiderman for ps4 is coming up at 28.99 pounds.. no discount applied at checkout though?

I think it starts tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Actually - terms state it's already on

• Save 20% off Amazon Warehouse items
    • This offer is valid from November 19 2018, 00:00 BST through November 26 2018, 23:59 BST
    • The Offer only applies if the same delivery speed is selected for all Qualifying Items and Promotional Items, as applicable. Please check the "Delivery Details" section during checkout to confirm that all Qualifying Items and Promotional Items have the same delivery speed.
    • This benefit can only be applied once per checkout
    • The Offer only applies to items sold by Amazon Warehouse
    • If this Offer is a fixed price offer (e.g., "Two Blu-ray Titles for £10"), the stated fixed price is payable by you, wherever you are located and irrespective of your VAT registered status.
    • Unless otherwise specified on the landing page of the relevant promotion, the Offer may not be used on pre-existing orders or in conjunction with any other offer.
    • The Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended without notice. The Offer has no cash alternative.
    • Postage and packing will be applied to each item in accordance with Amazon's standard delivery rates and policies or the participating third-party seller’s standard delivery rates and policies, as applicable.Amazon’s Conditions of Use and Sale apply
    • If the Offer is not subject to a Minimum Purchase requirement:
      1. If you remove all Qualifying Items or all Promotional Items from your Basket, the Offer will cease to apply;
      2. If you cancel your order for a Qualifying Item or a Promotional Item, the Offer will cease to apply; and
      3. If you return a Qualifying Item or a Promotional Item, Amazon reserves the right to charge you (using the payment method you used for the original order and without further notice) for either the discount or the Promotional Item you received as part of the Offer

1. Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

That's not a warehouse item, it's new and sold by amazon

2. Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Whats the stuff like from the Warehouse usually? never bought anything from it before

3. Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

That's not a warehouse item, it's new and sold by amazon

i clicked on warehouse, video games... not very clear whats included versus not?

4. Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

Bought a graphics card ( Nvidia 6gb 1060 for £170 and got 32gb (4x8gb) corsair ddr3 ram for £140. Not a bad price overall and don't have enough for a surface pro so in my head I've saved money lol. Win! Don't think the price for either went up once offer started so happy enough I got a decent deal.

5. Advertisement
    6. Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

vicwatson wrote: »
      Whats the stuff like from the Warehouse usually? never bought anything from it before

hit and miss. read the description. Some you wouldn't know they are returned some are clearly returned/damaged.

7. Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

I seem to average about 1 bad product in 5 with warehouse deals, I tend to only go for the like new or damaged packaging now. That said I bought a like new Neato in April only to find someone had cleaned up a much older model and stuck that in the box in its place!! Took a few weeks to get my money back on that one.

8. Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I can't remember from the last time if it's only sold by amazon warehouse products? Tried couple of different ones but didn't see discount applied

9. Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

No guarantee on Warehouse items right?

10. Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yep

11. Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Try the folks over at richersounds

12. Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi,
      As I type.Used very good Nokia 8 for £168 or 189 euro

Also as new nokia 8 for a bit more

13. Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

No guarantee on Warehouse Items bare in mind.

14. Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No guarantee on Warehouse items right?

AMZ stand over it for minimum 12months, you also have 30days to return it FOC

15. Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

No guarantee on Warehouse Items bare in mind.

bullsh1t - I just returned a tv and airfryer, both bought nearly two years ago and refunded without an issue.

16. Advertisement
    17. Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

+1 for richersounds. False economy buying from somewhere like Amazon.

18. Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

sweetie wrote: »
      bullsh1t - I just returned a tv and airfryer, both bought nearly two years ago and refunded without an issue.

:(

"Do products sold on Amazon Warehouse come with a warranty?
      No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s standard 30-day return policy."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000656811

Will you stand other people purchases if amazon don't accept them outside 30 days?

19. Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

slave1 wrote: »
      AMZ stand over it for minimum 12months, you also have 30days to return it FOC

No according to their T&Cs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000656811

20. Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

that's the US site

anyone notice its 20% off the pre-tax price? Pretty sure it wasn't that way in the past.

21. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

Certain items I am comfortable buying from the Warehouse. Other items I wouldn't.

You need to make the judgement call yourself... is it the type of item which takes more than 30 days to know if it's working or not? Is it the type of item which might develop trouble a few months down the line - eg computer hard-drive - in which case you need to weigh up the saving versus lack of manufacturer warranty. Sometimes the savings are not really that great.

22. Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

xckjoo wrote: »
      +1 for richersounds. False economy buying from somewhere like Amazon.

I'm all for buying from John and the lads over at RS, but the above statement is completely false.

23. Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

That's .com.

You're covered under EU law over here.

24. Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Here's a recent AMZ Chat posted on HUK, the 30days is the exact same as if you are purchasing a brand new item and a red herring...

Personally i've returned a motherboard bought in the AMZ Warehouse after 15month without any issue...

Here's the chat...

08:44 AM GMT Koys: what is the returns/ guarantee period on warehouse items? is it 1 year as per non warehouse items?
      08:45 AM GMT Sujitha: Koys, the return period for all the item you purchase is 30 days.
      the return window will expire within 30 days and if there is any defect or damaged you will need to contact us within that.
      For the items that are sold by amazon warehouse deals will also have the same return window and the warranty period is 1 year
      08:47 AM GMT Koys: ok that's great
      just one more question..
      08:47 AM GMT Sujitha: For the items that are fulfilled by amazon , the item value is below 20GBP the warranty period is 6 months and the item value between 20GBP and 1000GBP the warranty period is 2 years
      Yes please how may I help you ?
      08:49 AM GMT Koys: that's great news thank you.
      I just wanted clarification as on the site I think it says only 30 days.
      for warehouse items
      08:51 AM GMT Sujitha: Koys, the 30 days period is the maximum time frame for returning the item for reason you if the item is no longer needed or the style doesn't fit for you.
      In case the item is defective , we can create replacement or issue refund till 1year for warehouse deals or the the item that if fulfilled by amazon

25. Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Soarer wrote: »
      I'm all for buying from John and the lads over at RS, but the above statement is completely false.

Might have been a slight overstatement but I still think it's primarily true. If all you care about is cost and don't need to worry about time or effort (if an issue arises) then Amazon Warehouse is probably fine.

26. Advertisement
    27. Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

It doesn't spark too much confidence coming from a chat and not from T&C. I would think twice before buying something really expensive from the warehouse deals.

Advertisement