Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 148th Open at Royal Portrush

• 09-07-2018 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

For anyone interested, tickets go one (pre-)sale this morning at 10.00am for next year's Open Championship.

More info here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This won't sell out for a long while I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Messi19

I'm not seeing any tickets

Messi19 wrote: »
    I'm not seeing any tickets

http://2019portrush.theopen.com/tickets

Mushy wrote: »

Had found it just before. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Got myself two tickets.

Went for parking at 15 pound, bit much but took it anyway. Going up for the Friday. Will watch the rest of the TV.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Got weekend tickets so I'll be there for Sat and Sun. Can't seem to book accommodation yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

15 to park! Going to coin it in there alone.

Parking free at the Irish open. I appreciate the BO is a much bigger event, but I think we will see a lot of cashing in at Portrush.

Does anyone know if its up to Royal Portrush to set whatever prices they want, or is it set centrally by the BO people or European Tour!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Messi19 wrote: »
    Got weekend tickets so I'll be there for Sat and Sun. Can't seem to book accommodation yet

Same, won't be able to book for a couple of weeks, 1 calendar year ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

fullstop wrote: »
    Same, won't be able to book for a couple of weeks, 1 calendar year ahead.

Think booking.com is 15 months in advance

ThunderCat wrote: »
    Think booking.com is 15 months in advance

Tried it and no joy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Booked two tickets plus car parking for the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

NIMAN wrote: »

Parking free at the Irish open. I appreciate the BO is a much bigger event, but I think we will see a lot of cashing in at Portrush.

Anything official is organised by the R&A. I was at the BO in St Andrews there few years back and it was all ran like clockwork but you pay for it. Even the Irish Open’s up north are better organised than down south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Anything official is organised by the R&A. I was at the BO in St Andrews there few years back and it was all ran like clockwork but you pay for it. Even the Irish Open’s up north are better organised than down south.

I was at ballyliffin and portstewart and both were well organized.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

NIMAN wrote: »

Does anyone know if its up to Royal Portrush to set whatever prices they want, or is it set centrally by the BO people or European Tour!?

I'm going to Carnoustie next week and its the same price there for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cat_M

Bought wend tkt for the husband.Any suggestions re accommodation on a train line?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

Cat_M wrote: »
    Bought wend tkt for the husband.Any suggestions re accommodation on a train line?
    ...I'm staying in Belfast and getting a bus up to it...So far I haven't seen any buses, but I would be 99% sure they run some kinda transport...Belfast was actually the closest I could get to the gold course without selling my liver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

For accommodation look at Moville / Redcastle / Greencastle and take the foyle ferry.

Train line option is really only Belfast, so maybe look at bus options?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cat_M

I didn;t buy parking with the tickets. Seems the tkts are sold out. Can you pay at the gate?? Feck, hope so as I've booked where a car is necessary.

Cat_M wrote: »
    I didn;t buy parking with the tickets. Seems the tkts are sold out. Can you pay at the gate?? Feck, hope so as I've booked where a car is necessary.

Couldn't say for sure but there didn't seem to be a facilty to.pay for parking at the gate this year. They just had scanners for your parking ticket

...I'm staying in Belfast and getting a bus up to it...So far I haven't seen any buses, but I would be 99% sure they run some kinda transport...Belfast was actually the closest I could get to the gold course without selling my liver...

I was chatting the prople at the Visit NI stand in Carnoustie. They said there would be trains running from Belfast so book in near the train station if staying there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

From the Open’s Social Media sites, ticket sales are well ahead of expectations so far, it could sell out early at this stage ( though that wouldn’t be likely till Spring next year)

“Royal Portrush 2019 tickets are now on general sale. Don't miss out on the fastest selling Open in history at the earlybird price!”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

redhill wrote: »
    From the Open’s Social Media sites, ticket sales are well ahead of expectations so far, it could sell out early at this stage ( though that wouldn’t be likely till Spring next year)

“Royal Portrush 2019 tickets are now on general sale. Don't miss out on the fastest selling Open in history at the earlybird price!”

That’s called marketing. If it was selling unbelievably well they wouldn’t need ads like that.

callaway92 wrote: »
    That’s called marketing. If it was selling unbelievably well they wouldn’t need ads like that.

It is marketing, and good marketing at that, it’s also a very true statement, their was an article posted on here last week that 20% of tickets were sold in the first 48 hours of sales, Portrush won’t handle the near 240,000 people that a St. Andrew’s Open Championship could accommodate

Marketing or not, chatting to a golf exec at Tourism NI last nite and he has confirmed tickets are selling at unprecedented volumes and some ticket categories will already be sold out by next week, he expects other categories will be selling out as well once this news is made public next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Weekly tickets are now sold out

Weekly tickets are now sold out

Is that at that price category?

Mushy wrote: »
    Is that at that price category?

https://2019portrush.theopen.com/tickets

It looks like all weekly tickets are sold out from the link above , only individual days left or a weekend only ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

redhill wrote: »
    https://2019portrush.theopen.com/tickets

It looks like all weekly tickets are sold out from the link above , only individual days left or a weekend only ticket

They’ll be releasing a lot more closer to the time if anyone is worried.

There isn’t too many weekly tickets available in the first place all the same

callaway92 wrote: »
    They’ll be releasing a lot more closer to the time if anyone is worried.

There isn’t too many weekly tickets available in the first place all the same

If they do however they will cost up to 30% extra, tickets in the the 3rd phase of selling are a good bit more expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Advertisement