Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20 beers and 2 glasses delivered from Flavourly

• 30-10-2018 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Credit to HUKD.co.uk https://www.flavourly.com/l/THL22/

A mixed case of twenty beers and ales delivered using a UK virtual address for a very reasonable 19 pound. Only applies to new accounts but once you use a new email and name you won't have any issues. The Flavourly drinks in the case are lovely and the tiny rebel ones sound pretty good too. Two nice glasses included as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Alcohol is near impossible to get via a virtual address these days, it used to be okay via parcel motel but when they were sold off they got very strict, could work out very expensive with no beers at the end of it.
    It’s a shame because they have some great deals in the uk.

I've been using DPD Parcel Wizard and have received 4/5 cases in the last few months without any issue.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I don’t doubt that but people need to be aware the drink can be confiscated, plenty of folks on the booze bargain alert thread have fallen fowl of this with expensive spirits

Yeah, your use of the words 'near impossible' in the original post might be slightly misleading but fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Never had an issue regarding alcohol and Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have given it a go.

There's 3 scenarios here I'm thinking:
    a) it's confiscated and you've lost out on about 20 quid.
    b) it's rejected and returned to Flavourly and you "potentially" get that money back.
    c) it gets through

But even if it gets through, my biggest concern would be dimensions of the box with 20 cans, 2 (presumably) well-padded glasses, magazine and "snacks".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I reckon it is far more likely to be caught if there is a deal like this on.

Many will say they had no problems, but were they just getting a few bottles/cans at random times?

If an offer is on I can imagine loads of identical looking boxes arriving in the depots. I remember people getting caught when groupon had a deal for some site, while others reported no trouble in the past with that site.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Have given it a go.

There's 3 scenarios here I'm thinking:
    a) it's confiscated and you've lost out on about 20 quid.
    b) it's rejected and returned to Flavourly and you "potentially" get that money back.
    c) it gets through

But even if it gets through, my biggest concern would be dimensions of the box with 20 cans, 2 (presumably) well-padded glasses, magazine and "snacks".

'But even if it gets through"? I've received all of my boxes of beer from Flavourly with no issues, I'm not sure why there's such scaremongering. If you're worried about box dimensions, use parcel wizard so the box is delivered straight to your door. I've received a 49 inch TV through their service without issue and at no additional cost. The Flavourly box is actually quite compact.

It's craft beer delivered at less than 1.20 or so a can with two glasses and snacks - that's a bargain.

P. S. Why does snacks need parenthesis? It's a little bag of crisps.

rubadub wrote: »
    I reckon it is far more likely to be caught if there is a deal like this on.

Many will say they had no problems, but were they just getting a few bottles/cans at random times?

If an offer is on I can imagine loads of identical looking boxes arriving in the depots. I remember people getting caught when groupon had a deal for some site, while others reported no trouble in the past with that site.

The Flavourly box is labelled as drink, its clearly drink, I've received 24 boxes of drink labelled as drink - without issue, DPD clearly don't care.

Sweet jesus

Prunty wrote: »
    'But even if it gets through"? I've received all of my boxes of beer from Flavourly with no issues, I'm not sure why there's such scaremongering.
    Hardly scaremongering, just thinking out loud to be honest.
    P. S. Why does snacks need parenthesis? It's a little bag of crisps.
    Because I didn't realise what the snacks were...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

DPD clearly don't care.

Sweet jesus

There are plenty of reports in the consumer issues and drink forums.

Good to see you enjoying the repeal of the blasphemy laws though...
    phobia2011 wrote: »
    Twice this time last year I was stung by customs when buying from amazon, is it still a risk with the above?
    phobia2011 wrote: »
    Once parcel motel, then parcel wizard, gave up on it after that.

PW are DPD.

People should just factor the risk into the price.

rubadub wrote: »
    There are plenty of reports in the consumer issues and drink forums.

Good to see you enjoying the repeal of the blasphemy laws though...

PW are DPD.

People should just factor the risk into the price.

Parcel wizard are DPD? Cheers. Pulling quotes out of context from a different forum is hardly serving the purpose of accurately informing people?

I've ordered from the company featured in the deal on a number of occasions - as have friends - using parcel wizard and none of us have encountered problems. That is a first hand account factoring in all of the conditions in question with this deal.

When someone with experience posts saying they have ordered from Flavourly using parcel wizard but the item wasn't delivered - then people would be wise to be as cautious as the posters in this thread are kindly informing them they should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've ordered now using parcel wizard. Worth a shot considering the price. Not the end of the world if it gets caught and might even be able to get a refund. Definitely wouldn't risk with it anything more expensive than this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

OK I'll try it, thanks OP.

Is it just the standard E3.85 charge with Parcel Wizard or is it more because it's heavy?

garion wrote: »
    OK I'll try it, thanks OP.

Is it just the standard E3.85 charge with Parcel Wizard or is it more because it's heavy?
    From FAQ:
    Yes, the maximum consignment weight under the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address service is 20kg and the maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. If your parcel is outside these limits, the following charges will apply: €3.85 for first 20kg plus a surcharge of €10 per consignment plus 74c per additional kg over 20kg.

If your box is outside the size dimensions, please use the following calculation to assess charges (if your box is large but weighs less than 20kg, a surcharge may still be applied so do check!)

(L x W x D)/6000 = kg

e.g. So a box of 60cm x 60cm x 60cm is calculated as (60 x 60 x 60)/6000= 36kg Charges will be: €3.85 + (16 x 0.74) + €10 = €25.69
    You should be good up to 20KG.. but box dimensions I'd imagine would be tight enough, however PW haven't been as strict with this in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Just ordered, went back in and it is sold out now. Must have got the last one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,530 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I've been using DPD Parcel Wizard and have received 4/5 cases in the last few months without any issue.
    The Flavourly box is labelled as drink, its clearly drink, I've received 24 boxes of drink labelled as drink - without issue, DPD clearly don't care.

Sweet jesus
    I've ordered now using parcel wizard. Worth a shot considering the price. Not the end of the world if it gets caught and might even be able to get a refund. Definitely wouldn't risk with it anything more expensive than this deal

Seriously guys, the more people that are shouting on public boards about smuggling in booze via virtual addresses, the quicker it's going to be shut down! I've seen it plenty of times before: I used to get stuff from several companies in France, Spain and Germany - all have now stopped shipping here after run ins with Customs, helped in part no doubt to people blabbering about them all over here. You have a good thing going - don't draw attention to it!

To be honest.. judging by reactions on how strict they are on "one order per household" on HUKD, you're as likely to not receive it due to Flavourly seeing a flood of orders going to the same address in Newtownabbey simply prefixed with a different 'PW' identifier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭r439z5ifwt8soq

Just sharing my experience with this.

I used Parcel Motel, and it got flagged by Parcel Motel and given to customs (the box is clearly labelled as alcohol)

- Customs asked me what was in the box, so i sent them the contents list
    - Customs guy said that you cant bring drink unaccompanied into the country.
    - Customs guy also said that he would let it slip since he thought it was for personal use (duuhh)
    - Parcel was returned to Parcel Motel, but they said that glass and alcohol are prohibited so I'd have to collect it from their depot

After all that, the cans still tasted lovely. From reading this thread, I shouldve used Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Expired

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Basq wrote: »
    To be honest.. judging by reactions on how strict they are on "one order per household" on HUKD, you're as likely to not receive it due to Flavourly seeing a flood of orders going to the same address in Newtownabbey simply prefixed with a different 'PW' identifier.

I just got a shipment notification and tracking number, hopefully it finds its way through parcel wizard to me now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I just got a shipment notification and tracking number, hopefully it finds its way through parcel wizard to me now.

Same here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I ordered one and got sent my folks in Northern Ireland, looks like a bargain!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Offer gone.

Mods mark it expired, thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mine is due for delivery to Parcel Motel today. Will let you know what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Mine updated to Delivered... I assume that means its at Parcel Motel now. See what happens!

^ Mine looks to have arrived..

Screen-Shot-2018-11-02-at-11-21-35.png

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mine arrived with my folks (up in norn ireland) just now, pretty quick turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Mine has arrived in parcel wizard, hopefully get it on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Mine is in the parcel motel locker for collection now. Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Collected my box this morning - Thanks OP - I enjoyed the Pillow Fight drink :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

How much did you guys pay to get it shipped with Parcel Wizard?

Advertisement