Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf club modernization

• 10-11-2018 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a golf club that has installed a golf simulator GC2 or skytrak in the clubhouse?
    It might be a good revenue stream and attract more 25-45 age group to the clubhouse and ultimately to golf.
    As entertainment value such a top golf nights to an individual wanting to gap test his clubs.
    The pro could also use it for lessons and fittings.
    I would be thinking of rental charges per hour with preferential rates for members.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

St Anne’s, and Bray are recent. At about €11k all in it is so it’s more affordable these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

The one in Bray has been there for a number of months. There has been limited use until recently as most people were more likely to want to be outside during the good summer months.
    Starting to get some real traction now though with dark evenings, etc.

I did a lesson with the pro recently on it and found it great. He adds trackman when doing lessons.

I then booked it for an hour (without trackman) to work on what he had given me from the lesson and found that the feedback I was getting from it was great - much better than just hitting balls on the outdoor range.

I found it great for range, yardages and target golf but I didn't really enjoy playing a course as I didn't think that the putting really works well. I set the gimmies at 10 feet :-)

There are still some things to be ironed out in the club on how to manage it when the pro shop is closed - the club wants to ensure that access is managed and that people know what they are doing and can set it up correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

BraveDonut wrote: »
    The one in Bray has been there for a number of months. There has been limited use until recently as most people were more likely to want to be outside during the good summer months.
    Starting to get some real traction now though with dark evenings, etc.

I did a lesson with the pro recently on it and found it great. He adds trackman when doing lessons.

I then booked it for an hour (without trackman) to work on what he had given me from the lesson and found that the feedback I was getting from it was great - much better than just hitting balls on the outdoor range.

I found it great for range, yardages and target golf but I didn't really enjoy playing a course as I didn't think that the putting really works well. I set the gimmies at 10 feet :-)

There are still some things to be ironed out in the club on how to manage it when the pro shop is closed - the club wants to ensure that access is managed and that people know what they are doing and can set it up correctly.

That sounds great i dont know why more clubs dont follow your lead. Its a win win and would attract more time strapped people to the game.
    Do they use a system like they use in snooker halls as in you pay for the lights for a set amount of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

€20 per hour or €10 for 30 minutes.
    Booked with the pro.

Currently not too tight on ensuring you don't overrun your allotted time, but I imagine that will change as it sees more use.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'm pretty sure Milltown GC still have one in their warmup/net room.
    I think you just rock up and use it...at least thats what I did ! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement