Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW stop moaning & start to get on with it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

0lddog wrote: »

Maybe I read it wrong, but I didn't see any moaning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

If anything its show boating,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

@Shefwedfan

LMGTFY

"Now Volkswagen has warned that its stated plan to offer an electrified version of each of its models will cost more than it estimated. VW previously predicted that the coming shift to battery power would cost some 20 billion euros ($23 billion). CEO Herbert Diess, in an interview published in VW’s internal newsletter, indicated that this figure was too low, but didn’t offer a new estimate. “The burden for our company, such as the cost of bringing to market electric cars, will be higher than expected,” Diess says. “This is particularly so since some of our competitors have been making more progress.”"

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/german-automakers-struggle-to-find-a-profitable-road-to-electrification/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I don’t see where they’re moaning either. They’re a business that has costs. They know their costs better than anything and have just predicted something will cost more than predicted.

It’s BAU - business as usual.

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    @Shefwedfan

LMGTFY

"Now Volkswagen has warned that its stated plan to offer an electrified version of each of its models will cost more than it estimated. VW previously predicted that the coming shift to battery power would cost some 20 billion euros ($23 billion). CEO Herbert Diess, in an interview published in VW’s internal newsletter, indicated that this figure was too low, but didn’t offer a new estimate. “The burden for our company, such as the cost of bringing to market electric cars, will be higher than expected,” Diess says. “This is particularly so since some of our competitors have been making more progress.”"

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/german-automakers-struggle-to-find-a-profitable-road-to-electrification/

What does LMGTFY mean?

Second, that is a different article to the one you originally posted?

I still don't see VW moaning, just say the cost to business is higher than expected

That was also posted in September this year, hardly the most up to date arcticle

Check the VW Neo thread, on here.....it was started by a genius. Some very interesting points he made :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

LMGTFY
    RTFM is an initialism for the expression "read the f""king manual".

In expurgated texts, substitutions such as "read the frickin' manual", "read the factory manual", "read the flaming manual", "read the fine manual", "read the friendly manual", "read the [pause] manual" or similar variants are used.[1] Initialisms similar to RTFM include "STFW" ("search the ****ing web"), "GIYF" ("Google is your friend") and "LMGTFY" ("let me Google that for you"). These indicate that the questioner could have easily found the answer to their question on the World Wide Web.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

LMGTFY
    RTFM is an initialism for the expression "read the f""king manual".

In expurgated texts, substitutions such as "read the frickin' manual", "read the factory manual", "read the flaming manual", "read the fine manual", "read the friendly manual", "read the [pause] manual" or similar variants are used.[1] Initialisms similar to RTFM include "STFW" ("search the ****ing web"), "GIYF" ("Google is your friend") and "LMGTFY" ("let me Google that for you"). These indicate that the questioner could have easily found the answer to their question on the World Wide Web.

Why would I google? I didn't start the thread?

Why you start a thread with no information in it apart from a link, the link has nothing to do with the title of the thread......

Also the link is from September, not even something that was released today/yesterday....old news....

Seems highly stupid to me....

Advertisement