Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Deal on Pay As You Go Phones

Options
  • 17-11-2018 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

This Black Friday FREE Google Home Mini worth €59 plus €40 off on selected phones when you switch to Vodafone Pay As You Go.

http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#gallery/prepay

(offer ends in 10 days)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Anyone know if you can just buy a new sim from one of the other networks & transfer the number over to Vodafone straight away to qualify for the discount & free Google Home Mini.

If so, what is the cheapest sim to activate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can just buy a new sim from one of the other networks & transfer the number over to Vodafone straight away to qualify for the discount & free Google Home Mini.

I bought a sim for €5 in tesco, put it in and bought a phone from Vodafone online with no issues, they sent out one text and that was it. Just to note that the like new iPhones aren’t locked to Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Can you do this switch from Lycamobile? I just looked and it's not on the drop down list.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

You can't do it with Lyca Mobile ( Like a mobile ;) )
    Order free sim from Eir or Buy at tesco €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

There's no mention of the home mini when you're checking out

Do they just throw it in with the delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Phone had to be 89.99 or above to get offer I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Phone had to be 89.99 or above to get offer I think.

Before or after the discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Before or after the discount?

Before afaik. Sorry, only half glanced at deal in Vodafone shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

48months. Free sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

The Home mini are in Currys BF sale currently for 35euro for those that don't need a new phone.

• Advertisement

I just tried to buy the €90 phone, which reduced to €50, but there was no mention of the free Google home?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I just tried to buy the €90 phone, which reduced to €50, but there was no mention of the free Google home?

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

It seems to apply to any phone over €89.99, before the €40 discount is applied, as long as you buy a €20 top-up at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Am I right in thinking you could port to Vodafone, top up for €20, and get the deal - then port out again as soon as you've used up the credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

MOH wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking you could port to Vodafone, top up for €20, and get the deal - then port out again as soon as you've used up the credit?

You probably could, but you would have a phone that was sim-locked to Vodafone, so would have the hassle of getting that unlocked before it would work with other networks.

You might, depending on the model, have to buy more than €150 in Vodafone credit before they’d give you an unlock code.

So I’d say this is really better for someone planning to stay with Vodafone for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

If you're not interested (!) in the free Google home mini then some of these phones are cheaper on Amazon if memory serves me correctly.

Eg
    Nokia 7.1
    Samsung S7
    Samsung J5
    Etc

Worth checking on Amazon.de etc first before buying anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

duridian wrote: »
    You probably could, but you would have a phone that was sim-locked to Vodafone, so would have the hassle of getting that unlocked before it would work with other networks.

You might, depending on the model, have to buy more than €150 in Vodafone credit before they’d give you an unlock code.

So I’d say this is really better for someone planning to stay with Vodafone for a while.

Cheers, I missed that they'd be SIM-locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

MOH wrote: »
    Cheers, I missed that they'd be SIM-locked.

You can get an unlock code on eBay for €11-12.
    I've used it twice in the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

th283 wrote: »
    Just to note that the like new iPhones aren’t locked to Vodafone

Can anyone confirm this before I purchase??

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

raddo wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this before I purchase??

I bought it about 3 weeks ago and put in a tesco sim which worked with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Just bought the n9 lite for 49€ and got the Google home mini free no top in store too.Happy days here offer ends today I think

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »
    Just bought the n9 lite for 49€ and got the Google home mini free no top in store too.Happy days here offer ends today I think
    Which store did you buy in? That'd be a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Which store did you buy in? That'd be a great deal.
    Got it in Omni shopping center

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I bought a phone and got the €40 off. No sign of the Google Mini when the phone was delivered today. Was there a requirement to buy credit also? I didn't see anything about this... Have I been lost out...?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

There was a message saying expect delivery within 1 week of purchase for the Google Home Mini, no mention of having to buy credit:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

There was a message saying expect delivery within 1 week of purchase for the Google Home Mini, no mention of having to buy credit:

thanks for that image....I only got to order a phone last night, no mention of the mini on the order confirmation so I rang them this morning and was told the phone and mini would ship together.

got a text to say the order had shipped today, so we'll see. gunner, i'd call 1907 and check if i were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

i ordered a 128GB iPhone XR online. They sent the Google Home Mini together with the phone but the iPhone was 64GB not 128GB. Bad form from Vodafone. I went to the store to return it and the manager said it wasn't the first time that has happened.

brennarr wrote: »
    i ordered a 128GB iPhone XR online. They sent the Google Home Mini together with the phone but the iPhone was 64GB not 128GB. Bad form from Vodafone. I went to the store to return it and the manager said it wasn't the first time that has happened.

maybe they'll send me an iphone instead of a nokia 2.1?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hi guys,

I bought the tesco sim to avail of the deal.

Just got the phone, do I need to activate it with the sim that comes with the phone?

Or can it be activated with any vodafone sim, it was bought as a Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hi guys,

I bought the tesco sim to avail of the deal.

Just got the phone, do I need to activate it with the sim that comes with the phone?

Or can it be activated with any vodafone sim, it was bought as a Christmas present.

Just pop in any Vodafone SIM.

• Advertisement

got my phone today, but no mini!

on hold to vodafone now. looks like the offer was supposed to finish at 12 midnight on the 26th, but when I placed my order it was about 12.15am on the 27th, but the offer was still live on the website with about 8 hours to go on the countdown clock.

they've escalated the issue and i should hear back in a couple of days.

Advertisement