Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dunnes Black Friday deals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Anyone any opinions on the air fryer? How do I get this in the republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Anyone any opinions on the air fryer? How do I get this in the republic?

Good reviews on Amazon.

Tower T17024 Digital Air Fryer with LCD Display, 1500 W, 4.3 Litre, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077B7YGGP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_QOP8BbFDCCSWV

• Registered Users Posts: 37 philyb

Is the coffee machine with caplues good value as the caplues are half price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Any sign the Tassimo coffee pods will be half price?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

philyb wrote: »
    Is the coffee machine with caplues good value as the caplues are half price

Not really, for comparison, nespresso pods are available pretty much everywhere, example, Lidl do 10pods for €1.69, I’ve never seen the dolce gusto or tassimo pods that cheap.
    Aldi are doing a nespresso compatible machine for €49.99 - I think debemhams were doing the basic nespresso machine for around that too,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

Tower Air fryer is excellent. Own 2. Can't fault them

Does this need to be bought online?

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Does this need to be bought online?

They have some in stores. Or you can choose to collect in your local store by going to the checkout on the website and choosing click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Any thoughts on the slow cooker?

Being thinking of getting one for a while, was waiting for the Aldi one to reappear in my local store.

mad m wrote: »
    Any sign the Tassimo coffee pods will be half price?

Yes I think they all are 3.30 around that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭torrevieja

do u have to have a UK address?

torrevieja wrote: »
    do u have to have a UK address?

There are in my local Dunnes for 39e tonight and half price caplues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭torrevieja

im thinking of getting air fryer

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

I bought the air fryer and the slow cooker, haven't used either but the air fryer had good reviews and looks solid. the slow cooker I'm having second thoughts about, there's no timing capability just off-low-medium-high, think there's better ones out there for similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

15 mins to do chips and chances are I'd need to do loads. Half hour spent on chips. Looking for an air fryer, but need a bigger capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Only Air fryer in my local was smaller capacity and was 64.95 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Lidl are doing a 7L one from Sunday 25th November. Don't know about quality though
    SALTER 7L 1000W Aerocook Pro Hot Air Fryer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Lidl are doing a 7L one from Sunday 25th November. Don't know about quality though

I had a Salter rice maker and scales, both packed in prematurely. I have a Tower airfryer the last few years and it still works and look brand new

Half decent reviews. 4.5 litre capacity according to the question answers on Amazon.

Good price though.

Salter EK2386 AeroCook Pro Air Fryer with Halogen Convection and Infrared Power, 7 Litre, 1000 W https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071672H89/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_6s.8BbKGGWXE2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is there much capacity in the Air Fryer in Dunnes? Enough for two people? Litres mean shag all....

• Advertisement

Bought the air fryer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Thanks OP.

Bought the Morphy Richards Mixer.. The gf wants to start baking and was complaining i don't have a mixer...
    I better get some nice Buns for this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Had a quick look in my local Dunnes and I think the Airfryer was 3.2l for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Are the deals strictly on Black Friday, can I avail of them on Thursday ie the electric Carving knife is half price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Bought fryer and blender

Free delivery here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Fast delivery too

Bought 2 hrs ago ,just got text arriving with DPD tomorrow

hillbloom wrote: »
    Are the deals strictly on Black Friday, can I avail of them on Thursday ie the electric Carving knife is half price.

Deals are available now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not really, for comparison, nespresso pods are available pretty much everywhere, example, Lidl do 10pods for €1.69, I’ve never seen the dolce gusto or tassimo pods that cheap.
    Aldi are doing a nespresso compatible machine for €49.99 - I think debemhams were doing the basic nespresso machine for around that too,

I own both. I had the tassimo and bought the nespresso because shops here seem to have stopped selling expresso pods for the tassimo.

Nespresso
    Benefits: Makes great espresso.
    Negatives: Only makes expresso. There can be huge variation in the quality of the pods too. Some of the cheaper ones are great, some are manky. The nespresso made pods are nice but there's only a few shops that sell them.

Tassimo:
    Benefits: Makes loads of drinks. Can make everything from cappuccino, mocha, to hot chocolate
    Negative: pods are slightly more expensive than generic nespresso but are cheaper than the nespresso made pods. There's generally about 7-10 ty pes of pods in your average supermarket, loads more online.

Really, if you're an espresso snob like me, buy the nespresso. If you want a full cup of coffee like a latte, buy the tassimo.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

does the lidl stuff not come with a 3 year warranty ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement