Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off topic golf thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Watching Vincent Browne now - the abortion debate seems to be a debate amongst extremes.

Turned it on to see 2 priests and Ivana Bacik... did a swift 180.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

The brunette bird off Tallafornia popped up (in more ways than one, boom!) as one of the models walking out with the Darts players there over Christmas on Sky. Making a few quid for herself in fairness tho you do feel like taking a cold shower after listening to any of them speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

The brunette bird off Tallafornia popped up (in more ways than one, boom!) as one of the models walking out with the Darts players there over Christmas on Sky. Making a few quid for herself in fairness tho you do feel like taking a cold shower after listening to any of them speak.

She was doing the darts walk ons long before tallafornia believe it or not. That's how she came into that show saying she was a "model"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Turned it on to see 2 priests and Ivana Bacik... did a swift 180.

lol - I stuck it out. Talk about the two extremes of the debate.
    That is heavy stuff for the golf forum - maybe over to AH.

Just about to sit down and listen to Tyler Hamilton (In Depth) talk about a cheat by a cheat.

To think , i read all the bloody Armstrong books. What a waste of my time.

Have the book too, perhaps this interview will ruin the book :mad:
    Fair play Bensinger getting this so early and Setanta for once showing it early. Book selling I guess.

Seve's - leave it out, I sound like that , kind of - ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

I'm talking more the content than the accent! Some of those lads I would doubt can spell their own names.

I'm talking more the content than the accent! Some of those lads I would doubt can spell their own names.

Sure I can't spell "me"self - Fixed / Fixde. ;)

No, TV3 go for the lowest form of entertainment , the 3 Fs, Fashion / ****ing / Football. I'd put XFactor down as the root of all evil.

I'd put XFactor down as the root of all evil.

Bagels... Bagels are the root of all evil, they destroyed this country!
    We were going around fine with our loaves of bread until the bagel arrived and sparked the celtic tiger into action, sending us of a sesame seed topped frenzy for a decade.
    We all got caught up... mothers feeding their kids bagels with cream cheese and what not.
    Paying a premium for something with half of it missing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my bagels, I just hate what they did to this country.

( ;) Not drinking, just suffering from lack of sleep )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Seve's - leave it out, I sound like that , kind of - ;)

Maybe you could sign up for the next season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

Did anyone here ever try plum poitin?
    I was given a bottle for Christmas(I assume its shop bought) and had a half one lastnight.
    It must be one of the nicest spirits I've ever had. I have some Martel xo at home and tbh you could hardly tell them apart. It has the same deep colour to it and zero bite. Lovely stuff.

• Advertisement

m r c wrote: »
    Did anyone here ever try plum poitin?
    I was given a bottle for Christmas(I assume its shop bought) and had a half one lastnight.
    It must be one of the nicest spirits I've ever had. I have some Martel xo at home and tbh you could hardly tell them apart. It has the same deep colour to it and zero bite. Lovely stuff.

I had it, from an uncle (in law) in wexford - was not shop bought :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

I had it, from an uncle (in law) in wexford - was not shop bought :p

Careful now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

was sent this today and had to share.......
    582338_489200831118384_1691967253_n.jpg

well at last I got my "E" button fixed. Had to order a new one so off to ebay i went. Could only find one in America and total including postage was a whopping €4. Ordered monday night and i got it thursday morning. Now thats a service!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    well at last I got my "E" button fixed. Had to order a new one so off to ebay i went. Could only find one in America and total including postage was a whopping €4. Ordered monday night and i got it thursday morning. Now thats a service!

Ebay is fantastic for little bits a pieces like that.

The wing mirror fell off the passenger side of my car over the Christmas (just the glass mirror part). I was quoted €60-€80 in a garage to get it fixed "depending on the labour costs". Checked ebay and got a new mirror delivered from Bulgaria a week later for €12 including postage. The back of the glass is adhesive so it sticks straight into the mirror casing so I am not quite sure why they needed to estimate the labour times as it took all of 30 seconds!

if herself ever found out about the amount of various stuff i bought off ebay i'd never be able to give out about a shopping spree for the rest of my life!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Just reading this morning that Steve Collins is going to come out of retirement to fight Roy Jones Jr & will, according to him, be fighting fit in 10-12 weeks.

That hypnotist must have gotten hold of him again

Anyone tried those new Tesco meatballs?

I've heard they're the dogs bollix

ForeRight wrote: »
    Anyone tried those new Tesco meatballs?

I've heard they're the dogs bollix

Heard people who have eat the horse burgers are in a "Stable Condition".:D

Heard people who have eat the horse burgers are in a "Stable Condition".:D

I got an awful dose of the trots after one.

I just checked the rest of them I had in the freezer and they're off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

ForeRight wrote: »
    I got an awful dose of the trots after one.

I just checked the rest of them I had in the freezer and they're off

I was in the Tesco Cafe ordering my food & the waitress asked if I wanted anything on my burger.So I had a fiver each way

I'm not too shocked about the horse meat in the Tesco burgers.
    Just last week I saw a camel toe in a pair of penny's leggings.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

Im more concerned where they et the fingers for their fish fingers now!!

Probably the craziest thing you'll see today

Mods: Bit of violence after a failed assassination attempt today.
    Maybe not suitable

Hitman doesn't know how to take a safety off his gun.
    Makes a horlicks of his assignation attempt.
    Somehow he is not in police custody tonight and "escaped"
    The victim has retired from public life.

And these Bulgarian clowns want to join the euro!!!!!

They'll fit right in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Talk about crazy. Heaven forbid if he had actually killed the blocked they'd have actually kicked him to death their and then

Talk about crazy. Heaven forbid if he had actually killed the blocked they'd have actually kicked him to death their and then

Or else beat him with their brief cases and walking stick from the looks of that clip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Might be a very old one, but its a good one. Was only linked to me the other day.

Jason McAteer talking about standing beside Roy Keane at the start of the Norway -Ireland World Cup game in 1994.
    Hilarious stuff!

Its about 20 secs before McAteer starts talking.

PASS IT ON! :D

• Advertisement

Have heard that before Ricky, always raises a smile. I will forever love Jason McAteer just for the goal against Holland in Landsdowne Road. Probably my favourite ever sporting moment - the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up just typing about it.

Speaking of former footballers, was anyone listening to 5live yesterday evening? Stan Collymore was hosting the show and they were discussing if Frank Lampard deserves to be offered a new contract and one caller was saying of course he did and he was amazed he hadn't been offered one and then came out with, "Just look at his penalty from earlier today. He hit that like you used to hit Ulrika". Cue a few seconds of akward silence before moving on to the next caller.

Advertisement