Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    So Wells Fargo this weekend at Quail Hollow. Big talk is likely to be how bad the greens are. Veejay, Poulter and Johnson have all withdrawn most likely because of the greens.

http://www.news-record.com/home/1154508-63/quail-hollow-struggles-with-greens#continue

Photo: http://instagram.com/p/YvZ5HakYyn/

Wow that photo is pretty bad, sometimes greens can look mottled but actually putt out ok, though based on the article it seems them are like porridge...not good for the tournament at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

GreeBo wrote: »
    Wow that photo is pretty bad, sometimes greens can look mottled but actually putt out ok, though based on the article it seems them are like porridge...not good for the tournament at all :(

They do look terrible all right but I guess it will be the same for everyone. That said, Retief Goosen has just withdrawn which brings the total of withdrawals to 8 I think. Of course, they all are stating they have convenient niggling injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

My god the greens look bad, I knew they were going to be but this is a joke, no wonder so many players pulled out "injured".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Greens look crap yeah but ain't they the same greens for everyone do what's the big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,712 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight wrote: »
    Greens look crap yeah but ain't they the same greens for everyone do what's the big deal.

First time ive sat down to watch. It is very strange to watch greens, we are so use to perfect viewing.

As they would say in the us " nasty looking"

• Advertisement

Sergio Garcia's unusual par "putt" during Round 2 of Wells Fargo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Uh oh, Sergio in trouble. I wondered about that when watching live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Russman

fullstop wrote: »

Looks bad alright...............this should be fun :D:D
    "he's a petulant spoilt brat and should be disqualified and banned from golf for life or longer" Vs "they let Tiger away with it, why not Sergio?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

fullstop wrote: »

Is there an issue here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Russman

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Is there an issue here ?

He putted from off the green and lagged it down to around a foot or so, maybe shorter. He marked it to check for dirt before tapping in but it looks very much like he marked his ball with a coin at the 9 o'clock position (if you're facing the hole) ie to the side of the ball, but put the ball back down in front of the marker before holing out.
    To be fair he was concerned with his playing partners' line and possibly rushing a little but still.........

Not sure I've explained that clearly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,712 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

spoilt little brats some of these pros.

we know greens are bad, you are playing for over 1 million dollars .

stop banging greens and get the **** on with it, try some of the courses i played as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Eagle for Rory there on the 7th to go -8, only one behind a very on form Phil Mickelson. Then he follows that up with a missed birdie opportunity. But at least he's getting loads of good birdie chances and obviously the greens aren't helping.

I see that he's paired with Lee Westwood today. What's the story with these two now? Have they patched things up or is their falling out on-going?

I recall Lee once giving Rory stick over his Irish/British dilemma and then for playing more on the PGA Tour instead of the European Tour and then he goes and moves to Florida himself to focus on the PGA Tour. How would he explain that one to Rory?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Water under the bridge that is. Practiced at Augusta together.

Rory seems to be getting very used to his new clubs, will be in mix tomorrow

Water under the bridge that is. Practiced at Augusta together.

I'm glad to hear that. :)

Rory seems to be getting very used to his new clubs, will be in mix tomorrow

Keeping up with an in form Phil is a really good sign but for feck sake, don't jinx him. ;)

It was always just going to be a matter of time before the clubs clicked. All the talk of his game being in trouble seem a bit silly now, as it did last year when he missed a few cuts and then went on a spectacular run of form. He hasn't quite made that great a recovery yet but it's starting to look promising.

Love to see players going for crazy shots but Phil really should have laid up there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Watney shanked it off the 17th :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

whew that was pretty wild, 20 players within 4 shots...

From SkySports.com:
    The final round will start early due to expected thunderstorms. The final three-ball of Watney, Mickelson and McNeill will tee off at 08:46 local (13:46 UK).

Doesn't say anything about their coverage though. I wonder will it be available through the red button. I haven't see anything about it yet.

From SkySports.com:

Doesn't say anything about their coverage though. I wonder will it be available through the red button. I haven't see anything about it yet.

Available on red button at 3 or half 3.

• Advertisement

fcuk sake phil...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Well there's a winner I haven't heard of before...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Well there's a winner I haven't heard of before...
    You wouldn't be alone there. The guy is straight out of Q school and was only 4th alternate for the event.

Got to hand it to him winning in a quality field such as Quail Hollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I found this to be a very strange tournament.
    It seemed like nobody wanted to win it.

and he owes it all to his lord and savior Jesus Christ...:rolleyes:

less of the bigotry please...:rolleyes:

Sigh... not another one. May look to old JC to see if it improves my game.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Sigh... not another one. May look to old JC to see if it improves my game.

Just don't look to him during your swing, gotta keep that head down.

By all means build him into your Pre shot routine though.

I've fully incorporated him into my post shot routine

ForeRight wrote: »
    I found this to be a very strange tournament.
    It seemed like nobody wanted to win it.

I think a few players had there minds on next week.

• Advertisement

ajcurry123 wrote: »

I've fully incorporated him into my post shot routine

does "ah jaysus!" count as prayer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement