Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sergio on Tiger: "I'm not gonna lie, he's not my favorite guy to play with. He's not the nicest guy on Tour."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭Russman

If this escalates, (and its really something out of nothing) I reckon Finchem should call them both in and tell them to sort their sh1t out, its all entertaining for us and a bit of rivalry is no harm at all, but they're role models for a lot of people. Hope that doesn't make me PC !!

Serge needs to stop being a baby at times and Tiger needs to realise the world doesn't revolve around him and its not just those that show enough deference to him that he has to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Did anyone else notice when watching the split screen of both shots that when the crowd started to cheer he put up his hand as if to tell them stop and gestured toward Sergio?

I got from this that Tiger just took his club from his bag, not expecting the crowd to cheer..

But then that asks the question as to why he said afterward that the marshall told him he had hit...

I could be wrong and could have been seeing things

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

I've seen it a few times and didn't notice that nuts86.

Sergio had more than enough time to back out of the shot. He's such a whinge bag.
    Would love to see a play off between them and watch Tiger stuff him, but I think Tiger won't need a play off by the looks of things.

Paul McGinleys Commentary is SOOOOOOOOOO refreshing compared to Monty's rubbish !!!

• Advertisement

Russman wrote: »
    But to be fair, Sergio couldn't back off it, when they showed the synced screens later on, the clapping for Woods began just as Sergio was hitting his shot..

I don't know what synch you were watching, but he had plenty of time to back off his shot !!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Westwood must go through torment thinking about his putting. It really does let him down time after time. Unreal from tee to green, probably one of the best. A prolific 2-putt putter which isnt good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

was just about to say tiger running away with this.... and then he drinks it!

for god sake tiger, call a rules ref and make sure you are taking a proper drop :)

Please please please, let there be a sergio tiger play off !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Butch is the nuts. Another knee knocker folks.

Lolz.... In the final round of the 2006 British Open, Garcia dressed head-to-toe in canary yellow and was crushed by Woods, 67-73. Afterward, Woods reportedly texted a friend: "I just bludgeoned Tweety Bird."

I don't know what synch you were watching, but he had plenty of time to back off his shot !!!!

Fair enough, I disagree though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Brought a lot of people back into contention that double bogey on 14 for Tiger.

short siding himself on the par 4 - really throwing this away

Fair enough, I disagree though.

Well, in all fairness, there's nothing to disagree with.
    This is a case of Yes or No, True or False, etc etc ...

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/golf-central-live-from-saturday-feature-1/

skip to 2 mins 10 seconds ....
    He has actually ALOT of time, he hasn't even started his backswing !!!. As one of the comments on it ...
    Pause the VIDEO .. WHEN Tiger pulls the club out you will see that Sergio has not even begun the backswing !!! It's mothers day Sergio so call your mama and see if she cares !

It's mothers day Sergio so call your mama and see if she cares ![/QUOTE

This says it all.

As I said, I disagree.

It's mothers day Sergio so call your mama and see if she cares ![/QUOTE

This says it all.

As I said, I disagree.

So let me get this straight.
    You think Garcia DID NOT have enough time to back away from his shot ?

If that's the case, You obviously know nothing about golf then.

So let me get this straight.
    You think Garcia DID NOT have enough time to back away from his shot ?

If that's the case, You obviously know nothing about golf then.

You're right, I know nothing about golf, thanks for clearing that up.

Tiger is going to birdie 16. Sergio down the middle of the fairway after his tee shot on the same hole.

Class bunker shot

Followed by an even classier one from Lingmerth

• Advertisement

C'mon Sergio, find the green here!

Ughhhhhhh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

This is shaping up for a great finish. A Tiger v Sergio playoff would be epic.

*edit* damn - spoke too soon.

why does sergio always choke ? :(

Oh dear me..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wow...how Garcia of Garcia!

sergio goes tin cup

"give me another ball romes..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Sweet jesus... Sergio what are you doing!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Me having money on Stenson and Garcia (ref gambling forum golf betting thread) means they're going to implode at some point over the weekend (namely Sunday) if the season so far is an indicator lol.

-_-

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

He went for the win by taking a risk and going after the flag, nothing wrong with that, margin of error was a lot lower and he came up a couple of yards short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Why oh why do i always back garcia and westwood, it's always the same, get hopes up first 3 days only fir the to crush my dreams come sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement