Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

22/10 must be the final day of voucher use as I've got that date printed on mine from Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great offer to say the least, saved over 100 euro in the past few weeks and
    on stuff we'd be buying anyway and for once none of it went towards beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I used vouchers today but didn't get any new ones, just as well as don't usually shop in dunnes but felt compelled to go there and spend, spend, spend! great offer, you would wonder how they made money from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I used vouchers today but didn't get any new ones, just as well as don't usually shop in dunnes but felt compelled to go there and spend, spend, spend! great offer, you would wonder how they made money from this?

It's over now. I don't usually shop in dunnes either but it was great for getting nappies and detergent which were already on offer.

We will all feel ripped off next week;-)

• Advertisement

We will all feel ripped off next week;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Amber Short Harpsichord

Used them to stock up on sma which was already on offer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Good offer, made the most of it here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Of course they made money on this. Think about it. Yourself and myself and dozens of others who 'never usually go into Dunnes unless there's a reason' went in with our €10 off €50 vouchers, with the best intention to spend €50.00 and give dunnes €40.00. BUt somehow there was always €60-70 in my trolley (there's sorcery in that store to make me lose my mental arithmetic facilities). And once we got another €10 off €50 voucher, we did it all over again the following week. And there are plenty of others who spent more. It makes excellent business sense to shift stock quickly out of the store. I was happy to play along as I hope to only need bread, milk and some fresh meat & veg til Xmas now that the cupboards are nicely stocked. I have to say that Dunnes have come up trumps with good offers too on which to spend the money on. It has really made Tesco stand out as robbin' b*st*rds they are too, but then that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ditto tho i unashamedly take a calculator around with me and split the trolley so always was within 2 euro. The main,thing was to not buy stuff that u will not want....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

TheDriver wrote: »
    Ditto tho i unashamedly take a calculator around with me and split the trolley so always was within 2 euro. The main,thing was to not buy stuff that u will not want....

was doing the exact same thing myself
    when I didnt i usually guessed within a couple of euro and ran for a couple of choccie bars when short

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

TheDriver wrote: »

I was doing the same (although mentally)...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

The dunnes offers for the last month or two were really good. 1st used my clubcard spend 40 and get 8 euro off... stocked up on tolieteries, ownbrand pasta, and then the mouthwash I use was on a half price promotion so stocked up on them (ive about 10 month supply). on that shop I got the 5 euro voucher and stocked on up shampoos, and perishables that again were on special offers. went in today to do another weekly shop with the last 5 euro one, the place was mad never saw it so busy. again stocked up on own brand and anything I use that was on special offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Was it just for January that Dunnes was doing this again? Does anyone know if it's continuing into February?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Was it just for January that Dunnes was doing this again? Does anyone know if it's continuing into February?

Ending feb 7th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hope they do it again. It's good for my mental arithmetic too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Armelodie wrote: »
    Ending feb 7th

Can you still receive vouchers until then or do I just have until the 7th to use the voucher I got yesterday? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Can you still receive vouchers until then or do I just have until the 7th to use the voucher I got yesterday? Thanks :)

No more being issued and you have until 7th to use vouchers.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Despite the issuing of Dunnes vouchers supposedly finishing last Saturday, I just got another today with an expiry date of Saturday 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭redarmy

supervalue ( clane ) doing the same at mo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

They weren't giving them out yesterday in kilkenny. I spent €35 but got no voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Steven81

I spent over 25 yesterday and didnt get a voucher, i was in a dunnes today and heard it on the speaker but just thought it was a repeat so didnt think too much of it, will be using voucher tomorrow so will know then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭georgem25

There was an ad on the radio yesterday saying it was back!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Seems to be back on.

Got one this morning valid to 15/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Ad in the Indo saying it's back on. No mention of expire date

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The cynic in me would think it's them building goodwill ahead of the probable strike in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

It's over again. I was just in Dunne's and they didn't give me any coupons. I'd reccommend anyone who has any current Dunne's vouchers, to use them in Tesco. If Dunne's keeps the promotion live, I'll continue to shop at Dunne's not just for use of the voucher, but to get the vouchers for next week. With this start and stop, when the promos off, I might as well use the vouchers in Tesco and maybe it will force Dunne's to keep the promo on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I think it ended yesterday. I got vouchers yesterday that have to be used by next saturday.

4.3kwh South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Didn't get vouchers today and sign said existing vouchers to be used before 21st so use them before Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Got voucher yesterday (Saturday) has to be used by next Saturday.

Advertisement