Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Do tesco accept these vouchers ??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

tharmor wrote: »
    Do tesco accept these vouchers ??

yes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is it definitely over?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is it definitely over?

Banner stating the vouchers must be used by weekend through the advert poster in the window of three stores I passed today, so i would guess if covered it must be over, will probably be back around paddy's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Was in Dunnes Ashbourne using my voucher today (valid till Saturday). The vouchers have stopped being issued at the tills. It is definitely over. Cashier was telling people that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dunnes Shop & Save is back!

A few catches though. Vouchers are now only issued for spends in multiples of €50 (€10 for €50 spend, 2 x €10 for €100 spend etc).

Secondly, vouchers can only be redeemed from next Wednesday 18th March.

http://www.dunnesstores.com/pws/client/images/grocery/food-offer5/week6/shopAndSaveContent.jpg

Mods, It might be useful to retitle this thread as Dunnes Shop & Save or something similar?

I have my suspicions they're watering down the value of the offer by ensuring that the redemption of a voucher doesn't generate another voucher. Hopefully I'm wrong and they won't stop issuing vouchers the day before they start accepting them next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Have they started issuing the vouchers? With 18th March the first date they can be redeemed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

elderberry wrote: »
    Have they started issuing the vouchers? With 18th March the first date they can be redeemed?

Got mine this morning,

Valid from the 18th to the 27th march

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

Promotion: 25% off 4 bottles of wine still on till 17/3.
    Got 4 bottles of wine + some grocery total just over €50.
    Received €10 voucher to use 18/3-27/3 :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭itsallok

Quackster wrote: »
    I have my suspicions they're watering down the value of the offer by ensuring that the redemption of a voucher doesn't generate another voucher. Hopefully I'm wrong and they won't stop issuing vouchers the day before they start accepting them next Wednesday.

I can confirm that they are issuing new vouchers for every one redeemed. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

itsallok wrote: »
    I can confirm that they are issuing new vouchers for every one redeemed. Happy days!

What date is new voucher valid from please?

What date is new voucher valid from please?

Got shopping just now and the new voucher is valid from the 19th to 28th March.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This promo has been going on almost continuously since September and it works.. Dunnes have increased their market share by 1.1% since this time last year http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/grocery-market-competition-hots-up-as-dunnes-campaign-sees-sales-grow-6-5/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Steven81

Spent my 50 euro today and got the 10 euro off between 21st and 30th of March

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is this ongoing- or has it expired?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Still ongoing. No published expiry date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Still ongoing, I got one yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Can i buy alcohol with this? And can I get another voucher in return if I spend the €50 or whatever amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Can i buy alcohol with this? And can I get another voucher in return if I spend the €50 or whatever amount?

yes to both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Great thanks a mill for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭d1980

Spent 56 today and got no voucher so seems offer is over....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

d1980 wrote: »
    Spent 56 today and got no voucher so seems offer is over....

You sure the cashier didn't pocket it?

myshirt wrote: »
    You sure the cashier didn't pocket it?

I hope not! Was distracted with my daughter running away and was only when I got back I noticed. They still had shop and save advertising up so I assumed was part of the receipt.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

was any of your shopping medicine or baby food? Things like sudocream etc count as medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Its defo still going as I got my voucher today after spending 50 something. Voucher expires the 16th so likely running for at least another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I hope not! Was distracted with my daughter running away and was only when I got back I noticed. They still had shop and save advertising up so I assumed was part of the receipt.....

Fags baby formula and lotto sales are excluded I think

Thanks all. None of the above were included so assuming register ran out of till roll.

Thanks all. None of the above were included so assuming register ran out of till roll.

What about any non-grocery item(s)? Even if you picked them up in the supermarket part of the store, the till would recognise them as non-grocery and you wouldn't qualify if you didn't have 50 quids worth of groceries.

Actually, did you use a voucher to pay for your shopping? If you were able to use a voucher, then you should definitely have received another voucher and I would query that with them the next time you're there.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    What about any non-grocery item(s)? Even if you picked them up in the supermarket part of the store, the till would recognise them as non-grocery and you wouldn't qualify if you didn't have 50 quids worth of groceries.

Actually, did you use a voucher to pay for your shopping? If you were able to use a voucher, then you should definitely have received another voucher and I would query that with them the next time you're there.

I think this is it.i picked up a potato/ice cream scoop in one of the aisles but assume this does not qualify. Was 9 euros so makes sense.

Advertisement