Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Battery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Hi all - just looking to get a new Battery for my trolley - seems to be a generic model . My own dies around the 16th nowadays (its around 2 years old)

What should I be expecting to pay, and where is best to start looking?

I play 1/2 times a week, and have seen some options here, but not sure if they will do the job...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_10?url=search-alias%3Dsports&field-keywords=lucas+golf+battery&sprefix=lucas+golf%2Caps%2C293

I got my battery for my trolley from my Mechanic. They last as long as the standard battery and works out around €40 for the battery. All batteries generally last the same length of time give or take a year unless you go for the more expensive lithium battery. But if you only play1/2 times a week it might be worth giving your Mechanic a shout to see if he can help you out. Also this battery I got lasts much longer than 18 holes. I have played around 60 holes after charging it for about 12 hours!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If you want to talk over the phone then try Dublin based http://www.caddycare.ie/

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

My mate got a €40 quid battery which he reckons it the exact same as a golf glider battery just it hasn't golf printed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

thanks for all the responses - 40 seems to be a good price....I was quoted 80 already! @mike12 where did you mate get that battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

thanks for all the responses - 40 seems to be a good price....I was quoted 80 already! @mike12 where did you mate get that battery?
    Some place in swords, ill find out.

Swords Motor factory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Any battery once it has a 12v and 20amps and over, you could get a good lipo battery that ways about 1.5kg as opposed big heavy cell battery

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Is it free shipping to Ireland?
    wouldn't imagine so due to weight

GreeBo wrote: »
    Is it free shipping to Ireland?
    wouldn't imagine so due to weight

Dont think so but can use Parcel motel and should be cheaper

Maybe, but the weight will be the deciding factor I think.

Don't forget to buy the attachments as it looks like it comes with none.

• Advertisement

ok will check that - can I not just use the connections from my existing battery?

ok will check that - can I not just use the connections from my existing battery?

How they attach to the battery will depend heavily on the battery.
    It looks like that seller sells attachments.
    You will be able to re use the attachments on your trolley, but not necessarily your battery.
    The battery will then be a very heavy paperweight :)

bit off topic here, but im now looking at a second hand Motocaddy S3 - does anyone have this model, and if so, what do they think?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Has anyone had dealings with golf battery ireland? Prices look ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I went to http://batteryworld.ie/ in Kimmage last week.
    Very helpful - tested my old battery to confirm it was actually my problem before selling me a replacement.
    Gave me a 12-month guarantee with the new battery.

22A - 65eur
    26A - 85eur

It seemed to be cheaper than other places I had checked - particularly caddy care in Shankill who wanted 139eur for a 'branded' battery :eek:

He changed the connections from my old battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

Lads, my battery is fine, but the wires cut u a while back. I got some on ebay but they were too small to reach the connection for the trolley. Does anyone know where I could get a decent set of wires?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WheresMyPar

Looking for a new battery for motocaddy, is it easy to attach wires to the battery if it's generic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Looking for a new battery for motocaddy, is it easy to attach wires to the battery if it's generic

Yep simple enough mate

Advertisement