Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, I backed Yooka Laylee and if it's another DK64 I'll be p1ssed off.
    Banjo less so, but I suppose it'll depend on what they keep from the era that rang true with gamers and what was just plain annoying and was left behind over the console generations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

And you can fup right off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

With the announcement it's coming to the Japanese VC, Mother 3 comes to new tantalizingly reachable levels of not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah well, at least we have the fan translation, which is excellent.

Still waiting on that bloody Segagaga translation :( I need to play that game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

With DK 64 am i in a small group who love that game still to this day ?.

I remember getting it for my N64 as a 8 year old and loving the game to bits. Me and my sister used play it none stop as it was just such a good game at the time.

Considering i also loved Star Wars Episode I: Racer at the time and i used to love Jar Jar Binks when i was that age as well so don't judge me at all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Doge wrote: »

Good video explaining it (embedded from the link above)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah well, at least we have the fan translation, which is excellent.

Ages ago, Tomato, the mad lep, offered to waive all ownership of the translation and pony it up to Ninty for free. The guy's like Mother Jesus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

With DK 64 am i in a small group who love that game still to this day ?.

I remember getting it for my N64 as a 8 year old and loving the game to bits. Me and my sister used play it none stop as it was just such a good game at the time.

Considering i also loved Star Wars Episode I: Racer at the time and i used to love Jar Jar Binks when i was that age as well so don't judge me at all :P

Episode 1 racer is still excellent. DK64 and Jar Jar though... you shouldn't really admit to them on a public forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Ages ago, Tomato, the mad lep, offered to waive all ownership of the translation and pony it up to Ninty for free. The guy's like Mother Jesus.

I remember hearing that alright! Shame they didn't go with it, it's an amazing translation :(

On another note, I haven't been on the 3DS eshop in months. Got some surprise to see Streets of Rage 2/Gunstar Heroes 3D up there. Haven't a clue how that slipped by me. Off to fetch the credit card.

Pod Racer on the N64 was great, and almost seemed like it belonged on another console!
    Was the PS2 Pod Racing game the same game, just beefed up a bit, or is it all new from the ground up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Going to start drawing names for the secret Santa in a couple of hours so last chance to enter

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057520050/2/#post97756681

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You know your buying/selling ratio is out of whack when you run out of bubble wrap !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

So whoever wanted to test out a my shell for the Turbo Everdrive v1.2 (and maybe 1.1 if the usb header doesn't get in the way) let me know via PM and I'll sort out getting one to you.
    No charge of course, I just want feedback on if it fits ok. I think it was Cidey and o1s1n that wanted one.

I've done them in a few different colours, materials and finishes. I think the matte finish is probably the best and can be painted etc.

A1v95N5.jpg

Retronauts Devil May Cry episode reminded me of this classic moment. Like if you cry every time:

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone PS1 collecting? Question. 20 quid for a PS1 with 2 controllers, good cond. Good value?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Anyone PS1 collecting? Question. 20 quid for a PS1 with 2 controllers, good cond. Good value?

Yeah I'd say that's about what they're worth with the 2 controllers.

One tip if you are serious forget about collecting PAL releases unless they are exclusive, you'll regret it down the road when you see how much better NTSC versions are and realise your PAL collection is kind of useless... Like I did :(

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

One tip if you are serious forget about collecting PAL releases unless they are exclusive, you'll regret it down the road when you see how much better NTSC versions are and realise your PAL collection is kind of useless... Like I did :(

Not too serious for now, picked up the console with 2 controllers for 20 quid, ive no games for it yet so that's next on the list. Will post a picture when it arrives.

• Advertisement

So thats two takers for the Turbo Everdrive shell. Anyone else? Maybe someone with an 1.2 board?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Steve X2 wrote: »
    So thats two takers for the Turbo Everdrive shell. Anyone else? Maybe someone with an 1.2 board?

Will check on my one to see what version it is and get back to you.

Not too serious for now, picked up the console with 2 controllers for 20 quid, ive no games for it yet so that's next on the list. Will post a picture when it arrives.

You'll need a way to play imports but it's easy enough on PS1 as long as you can find some one to chip it, there's resources here. It's worth it though. Along with playing the NTSC versions that run at full speed and with no borders US and Japanese versions of games tend to be much cheaper, and tend to have better box art (although US box art for some games is horrendous, check out the horrors of the Megaman Legends, Final Fantasy and Suikoden 1 box art). If a game doesn't require English the Japanese versions can save you a lot of money.

If you plan to get serious it's worth keeping in mind, it's the same with N64. You can't force PAL games for them to play full speed and screen like you can on other consoles.

Buy an NTSC PS2, double the fun, with both NTSC PS and PS2 games playable.
    If you can, invest in a TEST PS2, region free as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Doge wrote: »

I dont normally say this but ...
    WWWWWAAAAAANNNNNTTTTT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

anyone here heading into the Zelda concert on Sunday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Steve X2 wrote: »
    So whoever wanted to test out a my shell for the Turbo Everdrive v1.2 (and maybe 1.1 if the usb header doesn't get in the way) let me know via PM and I'll sort out getting one to you.
    No charge of course, I just want feedback on if it fits ok. I think it was Cidey and o1s1n that wanted one.

I've done them in a few different colours, materials and finishes. I think the matte finish is probably the best and can be painted etc.

A1v95N5.jpg
    hey I have to meet up with you to get that transformers part ( I should be back out of hibernation soon). On an unrelated note ..any thoughts on printing a pipboy shell ? ( as in the smartphone holder that came with the fallout 4 special edition?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I dont normally say this but ...
    WWWWWAAAAAANNNNNTTTTT!!

Yeah saw that, i like the story behind it, they did a good job.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    hey I have to meet up with you to get that transformers part ( I should be back out of hibernation soon). On an unrelated note ..any thoughts on printing a pipboy shell ? ( as in the smartphone holder that came with the fallout 4 special edition?)

I've all the model files for that myself as I want to print one up for my iPhone 6. There are a lot of parts to print so its not a quick or simple job(think its 38-40 separate parts for the iPhone 6 version).

Check out the video below to see the one I'll be printing. You can order it on 3Dhubs and have someone print it for you(it's a pricey print). I have my own dublin hub, which i won't advertise as it goes against the rules :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You'll need a way to play imports but it's easy enough on PS1 as long as you can find some one to chip it, there's resources here. It's worth it though. Along with playing the NTSC versions that run at full speed and with no borders US and Japanese versions of games tend to be much cheaper, and tend to have better box art (although US box art for some games is horrendous, check out the horrors of the Megaman Legends, Final Fantasy and Suikoden 1 box art). If a game doesn't require English the Japanese versions can save you a lot of money.

If you plan to get serious it's worth keeping in mind, it's the same with N64. You can't force PAL games for them to play full speed and screen like you can on other consoles.

Has anyone found a decent way to get games from America yet? Or even good contact for NTSC games?

Everytime I ordered something on US ebay, it cost me a ton in shipping and then stung with customs. I love NTSC snes games and PS1/2 but such a hassle to get them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement