Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Sadly, that is just so typical.

Scruffy bogey at the last

Yeah, a shame. I wish he wouldn't agonise over shots so much. By the time he hit that short wedge into 18 he must have gone through about twenty options. No wonder he chunked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

First Up wrote: »
    Yeah, a shame. I wish he wouldn't agonise over shots so much. By the time he hit that short wedge into 18 he must have gone through about twenty options. No wonder he chunked it.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't know how so many golfers think and rehearse over and over before a shot. I would knock it down every time if I did. A lot to be said for grip it and rip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I've fitted a seatbelt to my couch for tonight's viewing

Cannot wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

ForeRight wrote: »
    I've fitted a seatbelt to my couch for tonight's viewing

Cannot wait for it!

You expecting a roller coaster??? Hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

i think realistically if he plays solidly and finishes in the top 10, it will be a very good result, particularly after he stunk the place out last time out....I hope I'm wrong of course but he seems to be leaking too many shots to make up a 4 shot difference with half a dozen lads in front of him. but then again the sniff of a win might give him extra focus into the last straight....we'll see....all I know is I'm going to have a $hit night sleep as I'm 2 hours further ahead than back home and no doubt will be checking in to see how its going in between actual sleep....

• Advertisement

vienne86 wrote: »
    You expecting a roller coaster??? Hope not!

I'd expect nothing less from padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bogey on the par 3 3rd after missing an 11ft putt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looking like another bogey coming on 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Blistering back 9, calling it now. :o

Birdie on the 8th hole. +1 for the day, -6 overall (currently 4 off the leader).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ruu wrote: »
    Birdie on the 8th hole. +1 for the day, -6 overall (currently 4 off the leader).

.....followed by bogies on 9 and 10. Oh dear. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

The birdie on 8 is followed by bogie, bogie. -4 now and top 10 is a long way away now.

He probably went to bed yesterday thinking of nothing but that bogey on 18. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

If he had played better, he could have won!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Ruu wrote: »
    He probably went to bed yesterday thinking of nothing but that bogey on 18. :(

I'd say there is an element of truth in this alright....birdie the last and he's breathing down the neck of the leaders but the bogey meant he's was playing serious catch up and needed to get out of the traps fast. Was only following for a while on the shot tracker but seemed to be spraying it around the place. I always felt if he bogeyed before he birdied then he was gone. To be fair he didn't completely collapse though (compared to previous) he'll probably be gutted with T25 from where he started the day. Still a very respectable performance and more evidence of improvement/consistency. Top ten finishes seem to be eluding him but at least he's knocking on the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

And we're off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

And we're off!

So is Paddy by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Eagle for Harrington on the par 5 15th

Ouch, definitely a round to forget, 8 bogeys, 3 birdies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭dball

+4 so far,

ah jaysus..........................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

Padraig is teeing off in a few minutes with Paul Dunne in the US Open qualifier at Walton Heath. Be great to see him qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

abff wrote: »
    Padraig is teeing off in a few minutes with Paul Dunne in the US Open qualifier at Walton Heath. Be great to see him qualify.

Dunner likes walton heath. pretty sure thats where he qualified for his 2 opens

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

Nice start for Harrington. - 3 after 12.. Tied 2nd

[url] http://app.europeantour.com/mobile/europeantour/tournament/2016041[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

abff wrote: »

Anybody know, what does he need to qualify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Paidraig missed out by one shot last year in qualification. Pretty sure it's the top ten after 36 holes who qualify.

I think there are 14 spots up for grabs.

Paddy sitting nicely now after an eagle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

Two dropped shots since then and currently in a 4 way tie for 10th with 6 holes to play. Let's hope he can avoid any more dropped shots and pick up a birdie or two along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He's currently T8 on -3 after 15 holes. 3 pars might be enough but at least one birdie would be lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Birdied the 13th. He's now in 8th place with 3 holes to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Has this round being going on since that 7:30 post this morni g?? Or is it two rounds today

Advertisement