Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

• 19-05-2016 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

Here you can post about EV things for sale or that you need.

It is preferred that you use adverts/donedeal etc for the actual adverts (and post link here with short description and a single small image) so this thread doesn't get clogged with discussion/haggling etc.

Keep signal to noise ration high.

Mods' discretion applies, and general boards rules.

Reservations / Deposits : https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058287794/for-sale-trade-reservations/p1?new=1
    Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Get the ball rolling here. I bought two 30a Chargemaster recently and I only need one now due to upgrading the free ESB one, one was bought to replace it.
    They seem to retail for €400 new or sometimes a bit cheaper on eBay second hand. I got a bit of a discount buying them together so willing to sell it for what I paid.
    It's a tethered type 2 30a unit. Pretty easy to switch out the connector for a Leaf if necessary.

Up on adverts here http://www.adverts.ie/other/30a-home-charger-evse/10525025

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭noelf

151 E.Golf only 7400 km for sale Frank Keane volkswagen €23950 .. That is some drop in value from new €32900 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

noelf wrote: »
    151 E.Golf only 7400 km for sale Frank Keane volkswagen €23950 .. Thats is some drop in value from new €32900 ..

A poor EV that is completely overpriced for what it is. It's no wonder it dropped

I wouldn't call the E-Golf a poor EV by any means, but it is hugely over priced and I feel this was on purpose to ensure VW sold as little as possible while they offload their diesel dirt at a higher profit.

The E-Golf is also poor value with a lot less kit than the SVE Leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,913 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It doesn't seem to be on their website yet?
    Drop it under 20k and I'd be interested!

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to be on their website yet?
    Drop it under 20k and I'd be interested!

Had my car serviced there today this was for sale ..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Davy wrote: »

The author should be ashamed of themselves, Ah's confused with Kwh's and misinformation on VRT rebate, tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I like the idea if VW Bank financing a Tesla but I'll guess that sign is just dealer laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

I spoke to them about it before they put up a price publically. I had in my mind an offer of €50-60k.

They are having a laugh at €109k considering it's a two year old 85 (not even P85 or P85+) without autopilot or dual motors or a whole lot more. Tesla in the UK have similar cars up for £55,000 properly checked with five year Tesla pre-owned warranties.

I can get a brand spanking new 75D (configured as 70) with autopilot and dual motors and an 8 year unlimited mileage warranty which beats this car in pretty much every metric for less including the VRT and transport costs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

From the Tesla Website....
    Dramatically improve the convenience and enjoyment of road trips and your commute by automatically piloting Model S at highway speeds and in stop-and-go traffic. Autopilot enables Model S to match your speed to traffic conditions, steer around curves within the lane and automatically changes lanes with a tap of the turn signal. Summon, a recently released Autopilot feature, enables Model S to automatically park and unpark itself, opening and closing the garage door automatically. Model S can also scan for parking spaces, alert you when one is available and parallel park on command.
    Gimme Gimme !
    https://www.teslamotors.com/en_GB/models/design

Price of the Tesla has dropped now €99950 ..

This 132 Leaf
    http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1500754&r=s.php%3Fm%3D61%26o%3D2167%26g%3D0
    has dark upholstery, does that mean it will have the fast charger?

This 132 Leaf
    http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1500754&r=s.php%3Fm%3D61%26o%3D2167%26g%3D0
    has dark upholstery, does that mean it will have the fast charger?

no it does not mean it has the "fast charger" Which I assume you mean the 6.6 Kw AC charger ? It will have fast DC charging.

It is a Gen 1.5 though with the much improved battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Price of the Tesla has dropped now €99950 ..

If it's the one in Lucan, it's "only" 91K now ��

no it does not mean it has the "fast charger" Which I assume you mean the 6.6 Kw AC charger ? It will have fast DC charging.

It is a Gen 1.5 though with the much improved battery.

How long does the fast DC charger take compared to the fast AC charger?

How long does the fast DC charger take compared to the fast AC charger?

Depends on battery temp and condition of the battery but a good healthy battery should take 30 mins to get from about 18-80% at about 20 degrees C battery temp add perhaps 10 mins on a battery that's 10 deg C and below. So from roughly 5 battery temp bars it should take 30 mins 18-80% and 40 mins 18-80% on 4 battery bars and longer if 3 temp bars. 6 temp bars should knock 5 and possibly 10 mins off the fast charge time but at this point fast charging could push the temp close to the red if you fast charge more than once. Once it goes near the red charging current is reduced increasing charge times to protect the battery, although the battery really shouldn't be allowed to this temp to begin with.

Once you charge, even on 3.3 kw and drive it then it should help keep it a bit warmer than if it's just sitting there.

Electrics like the BMW I3 and all American built electrics heat and cool the battery when needed, usually they're kept around 20 Deg C which is around optimum.

Windsor Belgard Nissan 161 Leaf (sve ?) 30 kw plus cold pack ex demo 7272 km cash €21995 or with trade in €23495 .. Also that egolf is back online at Frank keane Liffey Valley still at €23950 and 7400 km .. no brainer go with the bigger battery ..??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Based on the alloys its an SV, not an SVE.
    That would retail at 27290, so €5k off. Thats good value I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

KCross wrote: »
    Based on the alloys its an SV, not an SVE.
    That would retail at 27290, so €5k off. Thats good value I'd say.

Would that be retail before the €4k scrappage?

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Would that be retail before the €4k scrappage?

Yes, before scrappage.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭invara

Thinking of buying this yoke, as the 2nd leaf in the drive. 2013 low spec Acenta for about €10k. I have bought from cargiant before, so I know their drill.
    https://www.cargiant.co.uk/car/nissan/leaf/AO63OHJ

Slight worry about low miles (how long has it been sitting). My current leaf is a 2011, and works perfectly well for us (17km commute) and is super thrifty (reckon knocks about €3k of annual motoring costs; €6.5 before tax income!).
    - does this look like a good one ?
    - on the run across the UK do I need a card to use ecotricity points on the motorway (loads of advice in this thread already but cannot find this one), as I want to go this Monday or Tuesday?

Thanks.

Yes, before scrappage.

So it's only €1k less than a brand new one under scrappage?

Doesn't seem like that great a deal tbh.

Not picking on you KCross, or you noelf.

Soarer wrote: »
    So it's only €1k less than a brand new one under scrappage?

Doesn't seem like that great a deal tbh.

Not picking on you KCross, or you noelf.

I would assume they would allow you to deduct the €4k off the price if you have a scrapper.... it is effectively still a new car as its an ex-demo.

invara wrote: »
    Thinking of buying this yoke, as the 2nd leaf in the drive. 2013 low spec Acenta for about €10k. I have bought from cargiant before, so I know their drill.

Slight worry about low miles (how long has it been sitting). My current leaf is a 2011, and works perfectly well for us (17km commute) and is super thrifty (reckon knocks about €3k of annual motoring costs; €6.5 before tax income!).
    - on the run across the UK do I need a card to use ecotricity points on the motorway (loads of advice in this thread already but cannot find this one), as I want to go this Monday or Tuesday?

Thanks.

Double check the features of that car.... it shows as a Visia which is the XE equivalent here.... so its lower spec than an SV/Acenta. Are you happy with that?

I have given lots of info in this thread about driving back from the UK
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057584653

I would assume they would allow you to deduct the €4k off the price if you have a scrapper.... it is effectively still a new car as its an ex-demo.

Well then it'd be good value! :D

Another drop in price .. €91995 still a bit to go Cros13 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

invara wrote: »

Thanks.
    Not really much of an upgrade from your current 2011 surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭invara

air wrote: »
    Not really much of an upgrade from your current 2011 surely?

No.. its a second one, the trusty 2011 one will be driven into the ground. I am experimenting with being an ice-free household (I can borrow one for the odd long distance journey). I have settled on the Acenta from Cargiant- about 10-11k for a 2014 one. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Sorry, missed the "2nd leaf in the drive" bit somehow.
    It's a good time to buy in the UK for sure.

Advertisement