Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,764 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It doesn't help you're in Limerick, I'm convinced it would have sold in Dublin by now. I'd have bought it in a heart beat. It's a lot of car for the money with very little competition from other EVs except slightly cheaper slightly older Ioniqs. Would be a pity if it went to Phil. For all parties involved, except of course for Phil :p

I take it you already have a replacement then. I find the trickiest not so much the room to park the cars, but losing insurance on one or more of them when buying a new car before you sold your old car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Kramer, I think it's just unfortunate that you're selling during a pandemic as private sales must undoubtedly be way down on normal levels.

For what it's worth I'd already have your Ioniq outside my house if I didn't already have a 191 (also black!).

It makes me think that some people have all the luck. Back in the 1st half of March I phoned an acquaintance of mine one Saturday afternoon to say that there was a 171 Ioniq going for a bargain price and to get in there quick if they wanted to fulfil their oft stated desire to go electric. Within 30 minutes a deal was done and the now very happy new owner travelled from Cork to Dublin 2 days later to complete the transaction. And then the lockdown happened.... poxy seller!

The point is that that Ioniq had also been on sale for a while and I couldn't believe it was still available that Saturday afternoon. So, don't lose hope. I don't know anyone looking for an Ioniq right now but I'll put out a few feelers later today (Saturday) and who knows.....

Anyway, I suppose that previously mentioned former Ioniq owner is now wafting around in a Tesla or something, which he probably got for a barely believable bargain...…

Wonder if he posts on this forum...….. :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s a bad time to be selling, and even worse for an EV in my opinion.

There’s a few of us that would travel to collect etc but most EV buyers will be civil, conservative and won’t break the travel restrictions for a car.

That’s my thoughts.

jprboy wrote: »
    Kramer, I think it's just unfortunate that you're selling during a pandemic as private sales must undoubtedly be way down on normal levels.

For what it's worth I'd already have your Ioniq outside my house if I didn't already have a 191 (also black!).

It makes me think that some people have all the luck. Back in the 1st half of March I phoned an acquaintance of mine one Saturday afternoon to say that there was a 171 Ioniq going for a bargain price and to get in there quick if they wanted to fulfil their oft stated desire to go electric. Within 30 minutes a deal was done and the now very happy new owner travelled from Cork to Dublin 2 days later to complete the transaction. And then the lockdown happened.... poxy seller!

The point is that that Ioniq had also been on sale for a while and I couldn't believe it was still available that Saturday afternoon. So, don't lose hope. I don't know anyone looking for an Ioniq right now but I'll put out a few feelers later today (Saturday) and who knows.....

Anyway, I suppose that previously mentioned former Ioniq owner is now wafting around in a Tesla or something, which he probably got for a barely believable bargain...…

Wonder if he posts on this forum...….. :P

The same lady was straight into me for my Home Charger.
    Deal done over the phone and posted a few days later :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Anyone with a 7.5M tethered Tesla charger they thinking of moving on?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Gumbo wrote: »
    The same lady was straight into me for my Home Charger.
    Deal done over the phone and posted a few days later :)

Yep, pointed her in your direction also.

Right, lads, where's my commission? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Type 2 to Type 1 Charging Adapter for sale:

https://www.adverts.ie/other/type-2-to-type-1-ev-charger-adapter/20523965

Ideal if you have a Type 2 Charger at home, but a car with a Type 1 connector (EG 24/30 kWh Leaf)

Any interest?

Sold your Leaf then?

unkel wrote: »
    Sold your Leaf then?

I did indeed. Left one of my ads up at €13k and got pretty close to that.

In fact I had a second serious enquiry, just after I had gone sale agreed.

Sad to see the Leaf go. Great car imo. The drive is really nice.

Nice one fair play, you did well!

• Advertisement

Cheers - Both sides were happy with the deal. Keeping my eyes peeled online now for a replacement - no rush though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,361 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Cheers - Both sides were happy with the deal. Keeping my eyes peeled online now for a replacement - no rush though :)
    Fancy a 2016 model S90D :D

ELM327 wrote: »
    Fancy a 2016 model S90D :D

Would love one but heart is set on a Model 3 and I'm looking for that four year warranty.. 😊

Definitely selling?

Yeah I'm going to sell. I got my replacement logbook sent out today (original never arrived even though the tax disc did) so once I have that I will put up an add.

I sent in another trade in valuation request to Tesla too, just to see what they would give as a trade in.

I'll post the add up here too in the next few days, i'd prefer to sell to someone who I knew from posting here or other EV forums online. Easier for all concerned.

Yeah I'm going to sell. I got my replacement logbook sent out today (original never arrived even though the tax disc did) so once I have that I will put up an add.

I sent in another trade in valuation request to Tesla too, just to see what they would give as a trade in.

I'll post the add up here too in the next few days, i'd prefer to sell to someone who I knew from posting here or other EV forums online. Easier for all concerned.

Yeah for sure, would make the transaction a good bit easier.

Great car, should have a good bit of interest :)

Teslas trade in is horrendous as you can imagine.
    The offer on my Leaf was way off the charts.

Might be a bit better for a Model S in fairness though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

ELM327 wrote:
    Fancy a 2016 model S90D

Any idea how much you'll be selling it for? Asking for a friend ;)

BigAl81 wrote: »

You have an Ioniq, right? I'd say ELM327 will take your car if you have a lump of cash to go his way too.

If I were in your position looking to upgrade and I could free up the cash within a few days, I would PM ELM327 and see if you can come to a deal.

He mentioned 49k in another thread so I assume use that as a ballpark.

• Advertisement

I was thinking of listing just under 50 but with an ear to any reasonable offers really.
    I'm not in a rush to sell so I'm not going to take lowball offers but happy to deal with anyone. Particularly anyone here or in the facebook groups.

unkel wrote: »
    You have an Ioniq, right? I'd say ELM327 will take your car if you have a lump of cash to go his way too.

If I were in your position looking to upgrade and I could free up the cash within a few days, I would PM ELM327 and see if you can come to a deal

If that's what you're interested in doing BigAl81 please do give me a shout and let's get a deal worked out. I'm looking to trade to a cheaper EV that will still have 150km range and CCS. I was thinking about an i3 too. However I have had an Ioniq before and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I'm looking to sell my 152 Leaf (rare 30kw) and was wondering what would be a fair price? I've 160,000 Km on it and 3 bars down on battery power.

- Cold Pack (Heated Leather Seats, Steering Wheel & Door Mirrors)
    - Bose Audio Energy Efficient Series System with Subwoofer
    - 360 Degree Round View Monitor
    - 17" Alloy Wheels
    - LED Headlamps
    - CD Player with AUX Jack, USB Plug & iPod Connectivity
    - Bluetooth Connectivity to Phone & Audio Streaming
    - 7" Colour LCD Touch Screen with Navigation EV Telematic Services
    - Automatic Air Conditioning
    - Rear View Camera
    - Cruise Control & Speed Limiter
    - I-Key with Engine Start/Stop Button
    - Automatic Headlights with "Follow me Home"
    - Hill Start Assist
    - Rain Sensing Wipers
    - Additional Driving Mode (B-Mode)
    - Efficient Heat Pump System
    - TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)

What would be a fair asking price for this car? I'd appreciate any guidance given. Cheers

10500 - 11k?

The battery degredation is going to be a worry for any potential buyer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Nedved85 wrote: »
    10500 - 11k?

The battery degredation is going to be a worry for any potential buyer...

I fully understand that would be a big factor in the price I'd be looking for. That's why I asked here. You guys would give a realistic valuation to put on the car.

I could be way off in fairness, but you will get an idea from a few of us. You are competing with 24kWh Leafs with less mileage and 12 bars.

If it was me I would look at an ad for a 24kWh Tekna Leaf with say over 80,000kms and knock 500 off that price.

Celticfire wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I'm looking to sell my 152 Leaf (rare 30kw) and was wondering what would be a fair price? I've 160,000 Km on it and 3 bars down on battery power.

- Cold Pack (Heated Leather Seats, Steering Wheel & Door Mirrors)
    - Bose Audio Energy Efficient Series System with Subwoofer
    - 360 Degree Round View Monitor
    - 17" Alloy Wheels
    - LED Headlamps
    - CD Player with AUX Jack, USB Plug & iPod Connectivity
    - Bluetooth Connectivity to Phone & Audio Streaming
    - 7" Colour LCD Touch Screen with Navigation EV Telematic Services
    - Automatic Air Conditioning
    - Rear View Camera
    - Cruise Control & Speed Limiter
    - I-Key with Engine Start/Stop Button
    - Automatic Headlights with "Follow me Home"
    - Hill Start Assist
    - Rain Sensing Wipers
    - Additional Driving Mode (B-Mode)
    - Efficient Heat Pump System
    - TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)

What would be a fair asking price for this car? I'd appreciate any guidance given. Cheers
    I've been looking at the EV market lately and there are 2 leaf 30kWh from dealers with high miles, at the moment on DD. They are at ~12k and have been up for some time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just be aware that there is no battery warranty on that car now, you've past the limit in kms

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Celticfire wrote: »

Did you get the BMS firmware update done?

Since its one of the very very first L30's to come off the Sunderland line it has a flaw in the BMS that gives a pessimistic reading on battery degradation.

A firmware update at the dealer fixes it and will likely restore 1, maybe even 2, of those lost bars.

If you havent done that, get that done first, and then sell it.

slave1 wrote: »
    Just be aware that there is no battery warranty on that car now, you've past the limit in kms

The nissan battery was 3 or4 years time limited in addition to kms.

KCross wrote: »
    Did you get the BMS firmware update done?

Since its one of the very very first L30's to come off the Sunderland line it has a flaw in the BMS that gives a pessimistic reading on battery degradation.

A firmware update at the dealer fixes it and will likely restore 1, maybe even 2, of those lost bars.

If you havent done that, get that done first, and then sell it.

Yeah I'd say he's going to get all 3 bars back tbh.
    The leaf 30 is actually a great little car. Easily the best leaf model. I'd have one now over an L40/L60.

• Advertisement

The nissan battery was 3 or4 years time limited in addition to kms.

No, it's 5 years for the 24kWh or 8 years for the 30kWh. In addition to kms restriction, whichever comes first.

Advertisement