Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

g0g wrote: »
    Best place to pick up a good quality and cheap 10m charge cable for Leaf? Type 2 to Type 1 32A.

Or Phil Fitzgerald - Electric Autos in Naas, co. Kildare.
    Got a 10m cable there - very good quality and a life saver when you get ICEd at a SCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

peposhi wrote: »
    Best place to pick up a good quality and cheap 10m charge cable for Leaf? Type 2 to Type 1 32A.

Or Phil Fitzgerald - Electric Autos in Naas, co. Kildare.
    Got a 10m cable there - very good quality and a life saver when you get ICEd at a SCP.

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Phil got me a 15m Type 2 - Type 2 cable for less than I could find it anywhere online (UK, Germany, etc.)

Give him a call, he will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I got my 10m cable from Phil Fitzgerald too. Can't remember the price but it's brilliant.

"The ICE-breaker"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Cool will try that guy then. I also came across theevcompany.com / Smart EV Solutions on adverts based in Naas too. Is that the same crowd as this Phil guy? Prices seemed good on website

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    How much?

He gave me a good discount on it as I bought my 30kWh Leaf of him. I would not expect it to cost more than €200 without a discount.
    Phil is very competitive with his prices as he tries to source the products directly from the manufacturer (where possible) avoiding the middle man.

Cool will try that guy then. I also came across theevcompany.com / Smart EV Solutions on adverts based in Naas too. Is that the same crowd as this Phil guy? Prices seemed good on website

Same lad. The ev company is the Facebook and Adverts side of it...

Thanks all, picked up the 10m from the guy in Naas and it's perfect! Selling my old 3m one (link in sig) cheap enough (I think anyway) if anyone interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Selling our Prius now that Leaf has taken over, the advert is on Donedeal and Carzone if anyone wants to buy it, or offer constructive criticism of the advert.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-prius-full-toyota-service-history/16595883

Happy to answer any questions about the car over PM so as not clog things up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

2015 Nissan Leaf Acenta (SV)

Video added and price reduced.

Video

Advert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

2015 Nissan Leaf Acenta (SV)

Video added and price reduced.

Video

Advert

Im looking for a Prius, 08 or newer. Have looked at 3. 2 seemed fine, imported from UK but ended up both being repaired wrecks when I checked. Any help?

Board.surf wrote: »
    Im looking for a Prius, 08 or newer. Have looked at 3. 2 seemed fine, imported from UK but ended up both being repaired wrecks when I checked. Any help?

I'll pm you.

142 Nissan Leaf Tekna for sale as follows;

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

quenching wrote: »
    Selling our Prius now that Leaf has taken over, the advert is on Donedeal and Carzone if anyone wants to buy it, or offer constructive criticism of the advert.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-prius-full-toyota-service-history/16595883

Happy to answer any questions about the car over PM so as not clog things up here.

Now sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

My dad's 161 30kWh Leaf is up at the moment as well:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/161-nissan-leaf-30kwh-sv-cold-pack/16703006

He's prepping for his next now! Which due to a recent requirement for towing is going to be a PHEV Outlander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Anyone know about seat covers for Leaf? Gen 1? I am looking at SV model but would like a hard wearing seat covers to put over it. It will be the light colour Suede seats which could get dirty very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Anyone know about seat covers for Leaf? Gen 1? I am looking at SV model but would like a hard wearing seat covers to put over it. It will be the light colour Suede seats which could get dirty very quickly

Not answering your question, but we have the light coloured seats in one of ours and they are spotless clean and haven't been cleaned since we got the car a few months ago. And we ferry young kids around in it almost daily. The part that seems to get quite dirty is the door card where you grab the handle to close the door. This was dirty when I bought it. I cleaned it, but it has slowly got grubby again.

goz83 wrote: »
    The part that seems to get quite dirty is the door card where you grab the handle to close the door. This was dirty when I bought it. I cleaned it, but it has slowly got grubby again.

Its a definite design fault. I carried out major surgery on raising the grime out of a gen 1 recently. Then put it through the nct and of course the VT who carried out the test put his oily and greasy paws all over the cloth handle. Hopefully it will lift out!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

Genuine Nissan Rear parking sensors kit for sale http://www.adverts.ie/13896923

Ok, so I am looking for recommendations.....

I want
    Boot Mat
    Plastic Floor mats
    Seat covers....

Any idea's?

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok, so I am looking for recommendations.....

I want
    Boot Mat
    Plastic Floor mats
    Seat covers....

Any idea's?

Jaysus, for a moment I thought this read.....

I want
    BoatMad :D
    Plastic Floor mats
    Seat covers....

Any idea's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

We have just gone full EV in our family fleet and the OH is already giving me grief about being restricted by the range in the 30kw Leaf.

So, im considering swopping the leaf for a hybrid or plug in hybrid of similar value ie €18k.

Cars id like are BMW i3 Rex, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, Lexus is300h or 200h, Prius PHEV or BEV, Auris or Yaris Hybrid in that order.

My Leaf is 1 owner, 161MH reg in SV spec, red, 45000km, never damaged.
    I will add money for the right car.

My Partner wouldn't touch an EV with a mile long barge pole ! She can hardly drive it to the shop and back, 10 kms but panic when she sees 50% charge, forget it.

I'd give serious consideration to the I3 Rex, fantastic car to drive. I'm giving this serious consideration also as the current CCS infrastructure is very poor and rules Ioniq out for this very reason. No CCS from Naas to Waterford and only 1 charger in Waterford in a not so good location. Ridiculous.

I drove the I3 about 400+ Kms in one day with a single 50 min "fast charge" If I remember correctly this was a 12% - 95% charge 33 Kwh I3. in Galway and a further 10 mins on the way home.

I drove from Joe Duffy Motors to Galway fast charger and the Rex kicked in only 5 mins before the fast charger , I still had 7% remaining and probably would have made it in the BEV version. Rex kicks in around 7% remaining battery. I hardly noticed the hum from it.

Charged in BnB over night, drove around Galway, back to fast charger charged 50 mins, drove to Kilbeggan , charged 10 mins and back to Carlow with about 20% left. So I covered a good distance on battery only. I think I clocked up over 600 Kms in total and the rex used half of one bar in that.

So it's about the best Plug-in you'll find, even a 2014/15 21 Kwh will still give you about 100-110 Kms EV range and the Rex then to make up the rest. Obviously the 33 Kwh is best but still pricy 2nd hand if you can find one, U.K is probably the best bet especially to find a higher spec one but it will be a lot of fun to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

the current CCS infrastructure is very poor and rules Ioniq out for this very reason. No CCS from Naas to Waterford

That's a terrible reason to rule out Ioniq :p

Never mind Naas. You can drive Dublin to Waterford at motorway speeds in Ioniq without charging.

I'm not saying you should buy Ioniq, on the contrary. You wouldn't like 3 years in Ioniq after 3 years in your Leaf. Buy an i3 instead!

Lol I was using no CCS from Naas to Waterford as one example. I was talking return trip from my house.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with an Ioniq, it's a good car but it's as exciting as a Leaf. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Update: change of plan, turns out she was trying to find out if she could use the Tesla for longer trips LOL.......2004 Corolla Verso 7 seater for sale ;-)
    macnab wrote: »
    We have just gone full EV in our family fleet and the OH is already giving me grief about being restricted by the range in the 30kw Leaf.

So, im considering swopping the leaf for a hybrid or plug in hybrid of similar value ie €18k.

Cars id like are BMW i3 Rex, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, Lexus is300h or 200h, Prius PHEV or BEV, Auris or Yaris Hybrid in that order.

My Leaf is 1 owner, 161MH reg in SV spec, red, 45000km, never damaged.
    I will add money for the right car.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just testing the water here, but wondering if there would be any interest in my public charging cable?

Its a 5m, Type 1 -> Type 2, 32A.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Just testing the water here, but wondering if there would be any interest in my public charging cable?

I've been kinda keeping an eye out for a second 10m one but might be interested in 5m at the right price. What sort of money were you thinking? PM me if you prefer

NIMAN wrote: »

How much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

To be honest, not sure what I should ask for.
    Want to make me an offer I can't refuse?

Advertisement